2010 Park & Ride facilities

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by emmex, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Gronum

Gronum Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Don't worry - went to the capacity crowd 85000 Bra vs IVC game. Did a brisk walk from the stadium after the game and got to the queues for the bus - waited about 5 min then got on a bus. Once the bus got past the pedestrians it was quick to Wits and easy out to the M1. I would really suggest Wits above Westgate as far as getting back to Pta late at night is concerned. The bus route to Wits is used almost exclusively by the buses and the police stop the traffic along the way - much faster than if you were to drive the route. I think we were back in Irene by midnight if not before.
    Just don't dillydally once the game is over and walk straight to the furthest bus queue. And don't forget your R50 P & R ticket from computicket.

Where are you getting tickets? Also want some.

2. emmex

emmex New Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Thank you for your input. Wits makes more sense now to me also above the Westgate one...traffic is not a concern coming back, so that route should be better than the Krugersdorp highway...

I thought the park and rides were free...fortunately there is a computicket close to me. I have no clue wether i will get tickets. I'm getting the impression that i may not if someone such as yourself haven't already....I am only willing to pay normal SA rates for it will be all i can afford. I am hoping someone who will not use all their tickets, may sell theirs instead of it going to waste.

3. Gronum

Gronum Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Scanner running for cat 4 tickets everyday - might get lucky.....will let you know

4. emmex

emmex New Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Thank you...will search it and check it out...

I have experienced the Rustenburg one myself...if the others are better than Rustenburg was, it would be a breeze in comparison. Rustenburg scared me a little when it came to the transport hubs. Not safery wise, just inconvenience and uncertainty wise...

5. emmex

emmex New Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Thanks Gronum :)