2010 New York Yankees (27 WS Championships)

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by riverplate, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Well, no need to worry about Lee in the 9th now. The BP just gave up the game. If Andy had pitched in game 2 everyone would be talking about how great he was. Today he pitches great but gets a ND. Cashman better get Lee in the off season.

AJ tomorrow. Thats it. I'm throwing my support behind our enigma. He's not pitching against Lee or Halladay. Its hunter. We can win tomorrow and even this thing up.

2. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    As some reports in the press have pointed out, the Yankees aren't so much down 2 games to 1 as they are down 26 innings to 1. A group of our big guns (namely Posada, Rodriguez, Granderson, Swisher & Teixeira) are 6-for-53. A .133 batting average!!!

So if A.J. Burnett gives up 4 or 5 or 6 runs tonight, I demand those bats come to life and match the Rangers production. I won't be piling on A.J. if he gets no offensive support. And if we do lose this series, A.J. -- who has yet to throw a pitch -- will not be the reason. If he bombs out, he will hardly be the only pitcher not to pull his weight. CC, Hughes and Robertson haven't wrap themselves in any glory.

3. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I demand those bats come to life as well. :D

For sure AJ is not to blame if we go out. The silent bats. CC. Hughes. There are plenty of others who are in front of him in the line.

Not to look back too much but maybe Girardi should have brought Mo out for the 9th last night. Give our boys a chance in the bottom of the 9th. Not that they would have taken it against Lee. But maybe............

How about Andy? What a great performance. One freakin mistake. Homer given to a left handed bat!!!!! I was sure Hamilton wouldn't be a factor against Pettitte. But thats the one he gives up the homer to. *shakes head*

4. I. Tristeza

I. Tristeza Member

Oct 7, 2004
    San Antonio, Texas
    Agree 100% with both of the above posts.

Now let's get the bats going, give AJ some support, and let's turn this series around and put some pressure on these Rangers.

5. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Fans at the stadium chanting LETS GO AJ.

I like that. Come on AJ. All is forgiven if you get us a win tonight. All is forgotten.

6. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yankee thugs reach for ball. shouldn't be a homerun.

7. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Cano with the long ball. The fans gave it good to Cruz. hahahahahahahaa.

I loved it.

Fat Elvis hits one out too but it was foul after review.

8. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Why should it not be a home run?

Because its the Yankees, right?

The ball bounced on the ledge and went into the stands. Thats a home run.

9. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it was fan interference, they reached out and one fan grabbed his glove.

1-2 for Texas

10. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Watch the replay again. The fan touches the ball after it has gone over the fence. The dude who touched Cruz' glove most certainly did after the ball had long gone.

11. I. Tristeza

I. Tristeza Member

Oct 7, 2004
    San Antonio, Texas
    Have you read the rule (3.16)?

For interference to be called the fan action must have "plainly" prevented the player from making the catch. Not an easy standard to meet. In this case there's no way that play should be called interference.

12. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Texiera is shit. What exactly has he done for us in the playoffs in the last 2 years.

At least A Rod had a fantastic post season last year.

13. I. Tristeza

I. Tristeza Member

Oct 7, 2004
    San Antonio, Texas
    Well, Texeira looks done. Glad Berkman is on the roster.

14. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Big big moment in our post season. Texeira gone. i feel bad that i was bitching about him just now. His glove is invaluable.

15. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Feck me.

I'm stunned. He puts the go ahead run on and Molina hits a bomb. I'm just stunned.

Our post season is hanging by a thread right now.

16. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Well, even if the Yankees go down this post-season at least Joe can't play any negotiating games...

Girardi Loses Leverage as Cubs Hire Manager - N.Y. Post

:D

17. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't there a team in Queens looking?

18. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Do they really wanna go the ex-Yankee route?

Glad to see we didn't lay down and die last night. Fought back and looked pretty confident even though CC still wasn't himself. I thought there'd be a little more excitement around here.

Ulilityman Eduardo Nunez was brought in to replace the fallen Mark Teixeira, out for the duration of the post-season. Tex was 0-for-14 in this series.

19. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    It feels like we're done. Just a matter of time. This series feels exactly like the one they played in September, the one we got swept in i think. The Rangers look much better than us in every department. The big bats aren't hot, starting pitching has been shambolic except for Pettitte, BP was good (to be honest only Wood and Mo were good) in 2 games and shit in the others. We were lucky not get swept.

20. respite_cdd

respite_cdd BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2009
    Harrison, NJ
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1) They didn't win their first AL pennant in the Bronx. No matter what happens tonight, we have that.
    2) There's always the possibility that Hughes is up to the postseason game, just not on extended rest. This time he's on normal rest.
    3) We're not facing Cliff Lee tonight. We don't face him until tomorrow. And in a one-game playoff for the whole freaking pennant, I like the Yankees chances, even if we're up against Jesus Christ himself on the mound, with Mary as a bench coach.
    4) Whatever pitcher it is they're bringing out tonight, we've seen him before. We've seen him recently, and we can adjust. We have to adjust.

21. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I hear you respite. Its just a feeling i had. Of course there is a game to be played, maybe 2, so there is no telling what will happen.

I'll be watching tonight. Folks saying that our lineup is better the second time around against these pitchers. Even Lee. So lets see. I hope we get to game 7. IF we do i'm betting on the Yanks. If there is a game 7, watch out Cliff Lee. Fat Elvis is coming for you. :D

22. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    ALCS vs. Texas Rangers
    at Rangers Ballpark
    Fri.- Phil Hughes vs. Colby Wilson; 8:07 on TBS
    Sat.- Andy Pettitte vs. Cliff Lee; 8:07 on TBS

CC has said he is up to going 50 pitches in relief if needed tonight. Girardi says "Our plan is he's available. Let's see how he feels, but our plan is that he will be available for us." A.J. Burnett also played catch yesterday to keep his arm fresh if he's called upon.

Damn right!!! All hands on deck!

Interesting comments by Mark Teixeira in the N.Y. Post concerning the warning track around Yankee Stadium...

23. I. Tristeza

I. Tristeza Member

Oct 7, 2004
    San Antonio, Texas
    Hughes, Hughes, Hughes......

24. I. Tristeza

I. Tristeza Member

Oct 7, 2004
    San Antonio, Texas
    1-0 Rangers after 3.

Hughes has had some shaky moments, most glaringly his wild pitch during an intentional walk.

Yankees just need to keep this close. The officiating crew appears to have Rangers fever right now.

I still like the Yankees tonight.

25. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a big FU to NY. Jeter and Swisher cheaters.....Yankees suck. ;)