2010/2011 Portugal Clubs Coefficient Watch [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal: Clubs' started by GoodDead, May 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I get mine in Portugal. A couple I bought off CSD when he was getting them a couple of years ago.

2. um_chili

um_chili Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    Losanjealous
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting day. Braga with the narrow home win to seal a spot in the final, and Porto through despite losing 3-2. In the big picture, Porto's loss doesn't mean much but in terms of UEFA points it means this:

Porto is now first overall in the UEFA standings, ahead of England (18.4 v 18.357).

Portugal cannot lose this lead, even if ManU wins the CL final, because they are now guaranteed .4 more UEFA points thanks to the pair of Portuguese finalists.

Portugal will, however, fall short of tying or breaking the record of total UEFA points in a season (19, by Spain some years back).

Portugal will finish #1 overall in the UEFA points standings with a total of 18.8.

It's been a fantastic year, historic in the total of points and in our final spot (we've never won the UEFA points race before--previous best: third in 02/03). We're not the darkest horse to win this race, though--both Ukraine and Romania have won in the past five years.

3. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    We've been doing these threads for many years last years was the first real positive one and this one is just too good to be true. Fanatastic year for the Portuguese league.

4. CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown New Member

Nov 14, 2004
    FL
    Congrats, I think you will finish first this year! I don't remember that ever happening but I could be wrong.

5. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    We've never finished first before. And we have already sealed it as first place for this year.

6. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal