2010/2011 Europa League and Champions League- French Clubs Thread

Discussion in 'France' started by Tsigalko, Jul 16, 2010.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Groupe C : Sporting Portugal, Lille, Levski Sofia, La Gantoise

Groupe J : FC Séville, Paris SG, Borussia Dortmund, Karpaty Lviv

2. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Oh my god .. Olivier Kapo is a freakin retard ! Auxerre could be 0-1 up in San Siro if he wasn't so stupid .

3. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Meanwhile , OM is playing horrible . Didn't think they'd have many problems with Spartak Moscow . Home game too ..

4. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Too many new faces for the champions league. They shot themselves in the foot.

5. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Auxerre just went a goal down to Milan .

Well done Olivier Kapo for your selfish play . :rolleyes:

EDIT : 0-2 now . They scored again after a couple of minutes . What a shame .

True . Things isn't going to get any easier for them aswell with Chelsea next I think .

6. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Spartak just scored . Lucho missed 2 great chances just before they conceded .

Would be a disaster if they lose this game . It's possible OM could end up with 0 points after 2 games .

7. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Looks like the Europa League for OM, Just can't see this teaming winning in Russia.

8. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Also , Spartak have Zelina next who you would think will win . OM basically has to chase , in which I don't see them being able to do .

Honestly you guys need to check out Olivier Kapo's stupidity in the Milan - Auxerre match .

There was 3 players free in the penalty area , all he had to do was cut the ball back and it would've been a sure goal but he decided to shoot and blast the ball way over . I'd be so pissed if I was an Auxerrois right now .

9. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It's the first game, It's gonna be a tough go, but you can't count them out just yet. The could get a result of Chelsea, stranger things have happened. But losing at home to Spartak is a killer.

Haha, I can wait to watch this weeks CL highlights. Didn't watch any games today because I wanted to be blind for my replay of the Arsenal match today.

10. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Think I owe Mr . Kapo an apology , he doesn't even play for Auxerre ! The dude that messed up looked so identical to him during the highlights , don't know his name though . Shame .. :eek:

11. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    that's OK son, i stopped worrying about what fans like you say a long time ago. btw, is it true guy roux is thinking of coaching lens? he should retire, like me! life begins at 50!
    [​IMG]

12. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    indeed a shame. i started out watching OM but the match was so flat i switched over in plenty of time to catch langil's baffling miss and see that AJA was fighting hard and a 0-0 that would have smelled like victory looked eminently attainable. but they needed to hold on to the ball a bit better to get some breathing time between onslaughts, that was where they failed.

came back just in time to see azpi and mandanda combine for a stunning strike. OM didn't deserve to lose either, but the 0-0 that seemed a logical result there too would have had the stink of defeat. spartak is a very poor side, getting 3 points behind them this way is indeed a disaster. their only chance is that their last two dates were inverted: finishing in moscow in december would have been horrible... not that the end of november is much better.

when luis fernandez said OM were going to devour spartak whole, i chuckled. when i saw how amateurish the moscovites were, i believed. but i didn't count on OM being so dire in the one group match they HAD to win.

13. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Oh boy mouth watering matchups for the french clubs tomorrow. OM play Chelsea in London, and Auxerre has the pleasure of hosting Real Madrid. Both foriegn clubs coming of poor results on the weekend. I don't know if that works in their favor or not but let's hope so. Madrid drew and was held goaless but just promoted Levante, and I heard they played like they were asleep. Chelsea definitely isn't as strong as people think coming into this new season. I watched Marseille play Sochaux and they looked real good in my opinion, there ball movement was excellent and they were dangerous. They can get a result in London

14. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    all things considered... i like our chances better this week!

15. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  16. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Chelsea 2-0 OM

Auxerre 0-1 Real Madrid

We suck .

17. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    That's harsh. I didn't watch the Auxerre match, but reading the match reports, it doesn't seem like they did too bad for themselves. Yea Madrid control the match for the most part, but it appears that Auxerre were dangerous on the counter and created some chances. Madrid didn't even score until the 81st minute, and Auxerre almost equalized. I'm just happy they didn't get thrashed. However I did watch the OM game in its entirety and have mixed opinions. I don't think the sucked either, but they wasted a precious chance to get back into this group because Chelsea really did not impress me tonight. They scored off two flukey chances. One off a corner which Cheyrou should jump off a bridge for not blocking, and another on a dodgy pen. Yea they hit the bar twice in the second half, but one was off a freekick and that was after some significant OM dominance. But really OM 39 million euros worth of strikers on the pitch and that's the kind of finishing you put up?

18. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    indeed.

if anything AJA is doing us proud, that's two matches they've pushed european powerhouses to the wall.

OM though was woeful again. of course they never expected to win this match but they could have at least made an effort if only for the sake of pride. at least their supporters did their part.

their real regrets come from the first match, that was the must win. now let's at least hope they do well in the europa cup.

19. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i agree

20. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Auxerre completely played bunker against Real Madrid , at one point they had 30% possesion . Real Madrid may have scored late , but they created many chances to score earlier .

Marseille was lucky not to lose by 5 goals and in 2nd half Chelsea slowed down , Marseille had good possesion but did nothing .

Both teams are last in their groups , yet to score and in reality there's no chance of them advancing .

21. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    the post can be read two ways:

Both teams are last in their groups, yet to score.
    and in reality there's no chance of them advancing.

Both teams are last in their groups, yet to score and in reality.
    there's no chance of them advancing.

in the first version the second part is not true. Om does have a chance of advancing. but it's not likely they'll take it.

in the second version both parts are arguable. AJA has always grasped the reality of their situation, OM definitely not... though it might be starting to sink in a bit by now.

22. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    You might say that OM were lucky not to lose by 5 goals, but I feel that Chelsea were lucky to score the goals that they did. Maybe it's just my Chelski hate showing, but it's a matter of perception nonetheless.

23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I have a feeling that they would have done much better if they had Niang, Luis Fabiano, and Ben Arfa out there rather than Remy, Gignac, Ayew. They got what they deserve for changing too much of their team every year. I still cant figure out why Niang and Djibril Cisse arent still playing for them. People talk about how great a club it is to play for yet no player stays longer than 5 years there and they dont seem to have a problem leaving. Im interested to see when Dechamps get tired and fed up and moves on.

24. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    niang would have helped, sure, but the other two?

but it was the whole team who decided they'd lost before they even walked on the pitch. even afterwards the spin was no biggie, it was the moscow match we needed to win anyway, not this one. it's like they're already resigned to the europa league.

25. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Lyon are the only team that come into any CL KNOWING that they have a very good chance of winning the game against ANY team in the world.