2009 NBA Playoffs: The real "Big Dance" [R]

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Hendrixforpope, Apr 15, 2009.

1. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    They can lose with Kobe playing like that - for me the key is Gasol playing with a lot of confidence.

But as much of a hater as I am - I have to give Kobe props - If Lebron could shoot as well as Kobe in the clutch, the Cavs might have survived last round. Kobe is really good at picking moments to break an opponents back.

Anything can happen - but a blow out is a really bad sign for the Magic's chances.

2. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    I thought Hedo was opting out? That would be a massive blow, he's their best closer.

3. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Ot :)

Courtney Lee had the game in his hand :rolleyes:

4. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Tragic.

Courtney Lee... *sight*

5. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yep that was the chance. Lee really should've got that. Lakers will win the title now for sure. All they need is one win in Orlando.

6. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Considering how admirably the Tragic played against Boston and Cleveland, it's sad (and a little annoying :p) to see them choke against the Lakers.

7. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He would be re-signed anyway. Opting out just means he wants a new contract.

Lee really blew it. That was a perfect pass from Turk. A better player would have hit on that one.

I don't see any way Orlando win this now. They can't win four of five against LAL.

8. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Lakers in six now? They win one in Orlando and then finish the job in game six?

9. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Before the Playoffs started I predicted Lakers would beat Magic in five. Alot depends on game three. If Lakers get that then Magic might just give up and get swept.

10. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    He's going to command big bucks, though. I don't know that the Magic can/want to afford that, specially since now they can be legit players in the 2010 free agent bonanza.

11. I. Tristeza

I. Tristeza Member

Oct 7, 2004
    San Antonio, Texas
    well I haven't seen either game (thankfully) but the lakers would seem to have this wrapped up. the task for the Magic is virtually impossible. I still think a 2-2-1-1-1 format would give the Magic a better shot of pulling this off - winning 3 in a row against a quality opponent is just too unlikely.

I still just don't get why the NBA feels that the 2-3-2 format is good for the finals. And this is coming from a Spurs fan - the 2-3-2 format has been very, very good to us. :)

12. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It significantly reduces the amount of travel between the two cities which can be a lot considering that the two teams competing are usually pretty far away (different conferences).

13. juvefe2

juvefe2 New Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC

i understand the travel but the games are usually spread out and not every other day so it gives each team a full day of rest.

i don't like the 2-3-2

14. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Orlando will not be a player in the 2010 free agency unless they make some trades. They're tied up with $50m, which is probably what the cap will be, so they might as well throw alot of money Turks way and spend the mid level on depth.

15. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The 2-3-2 actually favours the away team. In the 2-2-1-1-1 the 'home team' get three of four key games at home. In the 2-3-2 it's split 2-2. If you were wondering, the key games are game 1, game 3, game 5 and game 7.

16. CIA

CIA Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Club:
    Hijos de Acosvinchos
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    which we will. definetly will. Adonal Foyle should retire this season, Tyron Lou and Anthony Johnson will also most likely leave, same with Richardson and We will probably get rid of JJ. And even though it pains me, its time for Hedo to go.

But I think that if Chris Bosh was to land anywhere, it'd be in Orlando, with his great friend Dwight Howard. How awesome would that be?

17. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Impossible. Orlando don't have cap space or players Toronto would want.

18. juvefe2

juvefe2 New Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC

IMO I see Bosh ending up in Dallas. Cuban will be a big spender come 2010 and land one of the big free agents and I see it being Bosh

19. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Dallas don't have money to spend in 2010 unless Dirk leaves. And it's pretty obvious that's never going to happen.

20. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Incorrect. It favors the home team (and at a greater rate than 2-2-1-1-1).

21. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I think this was a concern a long time ago - but not so much now.

22. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Incorrect. We've had this debate before and I won. Let's just leave it alone.

23. juvefe2

juvefe2 New Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC

Don't know his contract situation but I believe Cuban is ready to dump Josh Howard and send him packing to free up some cap space. He's been hinting at changes to be made and imo I would start by getting rid of Howard.

Duck where do you think guys like Wade, Lebron, Bosh and Amare end up?

24. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Remind me how you won? Unless I'm mistaken the statistical evidence is not on your side.

25. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Very well. Howard would free up about $12m. You won't get Bosh for that kind of money.
    Not sure. Bosh might leave Toronto. James, Wade and Amare will stay.