2009 FIFA Confederations Cup [R]

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Mussab86, Apr 11, 2009.

1. RickChelsea

RickChelsea Member

Sep 28, 2008
    sidknee
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mozambique
    Iraq were very lucky, i honestly expected them to play a lot better than that but the grassrolling and time wasting at the end ruined it all regardless of the score :(

2. Iraqi69

Iraqi69 New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Mesopotamia
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    To be honest, I thought the defender did an amazing job with the midfielders but the attackers....0 NOTHING! what did Hawar and Nashat do in the end? why did they waste it!?

3. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Pulling out a draw against home team is always a good stuff. But I thought the way Iraq played tonight was bit disappointing.

4. amrizzle

amrizzle Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Footballistan
    We played negative football, it was all about defending and not letting the other team create chances.

It was a shame but we got the result, now it's down to who can do best in the remaining two games.

5. YooAhJin

YooAhJin Member

Aug 30, 2008
    What a hugely disappointing game, especially for the hosts. What is more worse is that it only takes one uninspiring side to drag the level down and ruin it for the other team.

6. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Guys this is better than nothing, did you know that many people wanted Iraq to withdraw because of lack of preparations?

7. india1

india1 Member

Mar 11, 2008
    Canada
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    if a team like s.korea, iran or japan made this tournament they would have played attacking football. japan played amazing in 2005 confed. hopefully iraq wont look at themselves like underdogs when they play new zealand cause that would be disgraceful for asia

8. amrizzle

amrizzle Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Footballistan
    I doubt that very much.

9. Syriaman

Syriaman Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Stuttgart,Aleppo
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Syria
    nono.

Mohmad was a graet goal keeper today.he is one.and he is a big talent.

10. WorldCup2010

WorldCup2010 New Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Indeed! What a disgrace to the competition. The game is nearly unwatchable with the volume up. So these awful vuvuzela horns are what we have to look forward to during next year's World Cup. How many of you out there want them banned already?

11. Syriaman

Syriaman Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Stuttgart,Aleppo
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Syria
    haha 4-0 spain!hattrick torres and fabregas one!come on that´s good for us.:):D

12. rofks

rofks Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Vuvuzelas are f***ing irritating.

13. Laith

Laith Member

May 10, 2006
    Club:
    Al Nasr Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    They are rubbish

14. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Comparing to Spain.. we all are rubbish. :p

15. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I sure hope FIFA does something about that noise. It's like having a freaking bee colony in the brain.

16. mgerbe

mgerbe Member

Aug 29, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    the noise is really annoying and i don't see point in it. it's not an instrument like the drums which supports the chants with a rhytm. i mean who benefits from this noise?

17. Laith

Laith Member

May 10, 2006
    Club:
    Al Nasr Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    But the south african fans, man, they were so happy and jovial...everytime the camera panned on them they were smiling and dancing. If they get rid of those horns, I bet the WC will get accolades for the South African fans.

Then again, barely anyone showed up for the Spain-New Zealand fixture, this might worry FIFA since I know many doubt South Africa will play more than 3 games at the world cup, having packed stadia for the 61 other games not involving South Africa might be a challenge

18. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005

............................ *BUT*.......................................

you have to consider the fact that this is a "meaningless tournament" and as i like to call it a warm up tournament for the worldcup.

I am sure the attendance would be quite larger in the 2010 worldcup.

19. ksa11

ksa11 New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    egypt amazed me

20. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    USA amazes me even more!

They score against ITALY even with a man down!

21. Iraqi69

Iraqi69 New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Mesopotamia
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq

lol, a penalty!

FT 3-1

anyway I think Egypt have good chance to take 2nd spot!

22. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Too bad the US couldn't keep up but to be fair they were one man down. I think Italy and Brazil will get out of this group.

23. Iraqi69

Iraqi69 New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Mesopotamia
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Dont count Egypt out yet! They have a good chance to win against both US and Italy!

24. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq

Just because you aren't in it that doesn’t means it's meaningless. in matter of fact you don’t have the right to say a warm up tournament. The proper way to say it is "It's the champions warm up tournament for the world cup" ;)

Another thing, every 4 years you have the chance to qualify for the WC.. but to qualify to the Confederations Cup you have to be a continental champion.. so it may take you decades to enter this tournament.

I don't think Spain are calling this tournament a meaningless tournament or a warm up tournament since this might be their first and last chance to play in it.

So please don’t underrate this tournament because the participating teams are taking this tournament seriously