2009 Discussion: Around the League [R]

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by kirsoccer, Mar 21, 2009.

1. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    BOOOOO!!!!! I'm going to jeer at them as viciously as possible and cry a little inside, but I sure as hell ain't cheering for them!:D

2. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't wait for Atiba vs. Keller. 2 reds!

BTW I love Davy Arnuad!

3. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's up there now. Link. They have the highlights, as well as the game archive. I was all kinds of happy when Seattle lost, but you have to give them credit. They created numerous scoring chances, including one that KC defenders made an amazing save when Hartman was outside the box. Montero's free kick that hit the crossbar was a screamer. All in all, I'm glad they lost.

I also enjoyed this little nougat:
    Umm, maybe that should have been chalked up to KC earning a win, not that they beat Seattle. Honestly, I hope Chivas takes them to town, and the downhill slide that is SSFC's humbling path begins. RSL outplayed them, and that's not just a homer statement. I believe Steve Davis said it, but can't find the link.

4. poptart6767

poptart6767 Member

Apr 23, 2007
    Logan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [/QUOTE]

Umm, maybe that should have been chalked up to KC earning a win, not that they beat Seattle. Honestly, I hope Chivas takes them to town, and the downhill slide that is SSFC's humbling path begins. RSL outplayed them, and that's not just a homer statement. I believe Steve Davis said it, but can't find the link.[/QUOTE]
    Ya i thought the same thing. Maybe its because KC actually won a game. :rolleyes:

5. RSLin2008

RSLin2008 New Member

Aug 18, 2007
    Utah
  6. kirsoccer

kirsoccer BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 29, 2007
    Disaster averted for Seattle. However, on another front with Keller's red card, and backup keeper Eylander reportedly struggling in their recent exhibition match against Portland - their next match against Chivas could be interesting from a keeper standpoint.

7. neophyte

neophyte Member

Sep 15, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    To quote Simon Allen, "Seattle... can you say, Hoffenheim?"

8. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it wasn't a lucky goal - Casey showed some skill with a stepover/fake to get Hesmer to commit, and slotted it home. It was, however, a terrible defensive play by the Crew defense.

9. smackdowntay

smackdowntay Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any reason why there is no video highlights of the KC vs. Seattle game? Ive looked everywhere... Anyone got any leads?

10. poptart6767

poptart6767 Member

Apr 23, 2007
    Logan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. beaveman

beaveman New Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Mapleton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Blitzz Supporter

May 23, 2004
    Centerville
    What you're kidding. He wasn't really sick? ;)

It was nice to Seattle lose. Stupid mistake by Keller. I hope Chivas kills them this week.

13. ryno007

ryno007 New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Draper, UT, USA
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The SSFC FO hasn't done a lot wrong, but their handling of this wasn't great. Why not just say he's not traveling for "undisclosed reasons" rather than lie about it? You know the investigation is going to be an ugly PR event, but saying/pretending he had the flu just makes them look incompetent and/or blatantly trying to cover things up, and it will discredit them in the future. Glad for Fredy and the league that it turned out to be nothing...but not SSFC FO's most shining moment to date.

14. jp992751

jp992751 Member

Aug 26, 2006
    Logan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They outplayed KC by the looks of things. Hatman was amazing in goal and I think looked to be the only reason SSFC didn't win by a couple of goals. Reminded me a lot of RSL lots of shot and just unlucky to play a goalie who happend to be hot on that day.

15. Fuerza Real

Fuerza Real New Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Lion in Zion
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Yeah, I've never heard of a TheraRape medicine but I guess he took it and now he's back to %100.

What a sad situation all around. Sexual assault is no joke, in any form. But neither is making false accusations. I don't presume to think it's either/or, it's just sad. Such a downer for a great thing they have going up in the Northwest.

16. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thats how you win on the road usually

17. TapocoL

TapocoL Member

Feb 7, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    then we would trade him to LA for a boat load of money or landycakes

19. ryno007

ryno007 New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Draper, UT, USA
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. GoReal

GoReal Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Orem, Utah
    Does anyone know if Alex Nimo played in that game?

21. GoReal

GoReal Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Orem, Utah
    RSL wins the lottery for Kyle Davies(never heard of him). They had a 5% chance of getting his rights and so they have. Now what do they do. RSL will be over the roster limit with the addition of Escy, Espy, and Davies. Tough choices will have to be made by the coaches.:confused:

Beat the Pink Cows, today!!!:cool::mad:

22. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean tomorrow right? The game's tomorrow. Or is today Saturday? Oh crap, I don't remember what day it is. Or, did I get transported to an alternate reality? If so, how do I get back? This requires some investigation...

23. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I vote the team try to trade him back to KC for the international roster slot that they permanently traded away. (It was KC who got it, right?)

24. Fuerza Real

Fuerza Real New Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Lion in Zion
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I don't see it as that big of a problem. If Davies is worth it (and those who are in the know on such things say he is), I can think of at least 4 players on our roster right now that are easily loanable/waiveable.

We've sat through too many seasons with sub par, no depth rosters. If we have a chance to add another solid CB/RB, I say we do it without hesitating. How much could he have possibly been making as a reserve on a Championship team?

Do it RSL. DO IT!

25. GoReal

GoReal Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Orem, Utah
    I couldn't wait for tomorrow so I wanted them to do it today, which in reality is today!;):eek:;)

Get it?

Got it!

Good!!!

Beat the Pink Cows, today!