2009/2010 Season thread (part 2): "Nothing Left To Win, Everything To Fight For"

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by jfcule, Dec 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    :D

"Inter does not have the capacity to play against Barcelona. They press intensely from behind, and when they play the ball, they do it with very rapid passes and that makes them a truly special team” -Jose Mourinho

Continued from the first season thread.

2. b4rcelona

b4rcelona Member

May 9, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Re: 2009/2010 Season thread (part 2): Even The Special One thinks we're special

cool, so yaya and keita wont be there for the copa matches?? :(

3. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Depends of course on how well their nations fare in the ACN.

4. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Congratulations to Messi on the Ballon D'Or award. He had to win it, and he did.

Oh man, what a huge Copa Del Rey tie....us and Sevilla. They have been playing very well this year. Navas has run riot down the wing and Fabiano is proving again to be one of the most dangerous strikers in the world. It will be very interesting. Didn't realize that they were going to pack the schedule again with regards to the Copa, but then again the World Cup is later on in the year.

5. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

They won't be there for the Sevilla matches, even if their respective teams don't advance past the group stage of ACN. BUT neither will Sevilla's Malian scorer extraordinaire, Kanoute, or Sevilla's 3 Ivorians: Zokora (current midfield starter), Romaric (midfield starter last season), and Kone (forward generally benched).

So, while Sevilla is probably the toughest team we could draw, they will be missing even more players.

6. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

A mod named profiled has come up with a site that will make lineups for you to copy n paste.

http://notunusual.net/lineup/index.php

Code:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------- V-is-for-Victor-y -------------------------
    --- Bang-Bro --------- Grano ------ Capt-Caveman -- Abi-dilly-dally --
    ----------------------------- Yayayayaya -----------------------------
    -------------- X-Man --------------------------- INIESTA -------------
    ---- Messiah ----------------------------------------- Hand-ree ------
    -------------------------------- Z-Man -------------------------------
    Substitutes: Pinto, Pedro, Keita, Marquez, Busquets

7. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Code:
    [COLOR="White"]----------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------- [COLOR="Black"]V-is-for-Victor-y[/COLOR] -------------------------
    --- [COLOR="Black"]Bang-Bro[/COLOR] --------- [COLOR="Black"]Grano[/COLOR] ------ [COLOR="Black"]Capt-Caveman[/COLOR] -- [COLOR="Black"]Abi-dilly-dally[/COLOR] --
    ----------------------------- [COLOR="Black"]Yayayayaya[/COLOR] -----------------------------
    -------------- [COLOR="Black"]X-Man[/COLOR] --------------------------- [COLOR="Black"]INIESTA[/COLOR] -------------
    ---- [COLOR="Black"]Messiah [/COLOR]----------------------------------------- [COLOR="Black"]Hand-ree [/COLOR]------
    -------------------------------- [COLOR="Black"]Z-Man[/COLOR] -------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------[/COLOR]
    Substitutes: Pinto, Pedro, Keita, Marquez, Busquets

It would be great if the code would include the --- in white, so the end result would look more like that.

8. USCule

USCule Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA

Dani Alves' nickname ALWAYS makes me crack up.

9. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Vote for The UEFA team of the year:
    http://www1.uefa.com/fanzone/teamoftheyear/index.html

10 players from last season's FCB team and Zlatan are among the candidates. The thing that sucks is that you have to choose either Xavi and Yaya(both are listed as central midfielders).

10. b4rcelona

b4rcelona Member

May 9, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

yeah i think xavi should of put in as a right mid not centre mid, that way we could of had the whole barca squad.

11. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

But that way they wouldn't have a spot for Crynaldo :rolleyes:

12. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL

I put in Hamsik and Gourcuff in the two spots where Barca players were not available.

13. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

So what's going to happen with Keirrison? Loaning him out to Benfica was a bad idea. He barely played. I think he would have probably gotten more playing time had he stayed with Barca.

Now there's talk of loaning him back to some team in Brazil? :confused:

14. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It was stupid for him to go to Benfica in the first place. If they weren't going to play him, why take him? I hope he ends up somewhere else in Europe, preferably a Europa League team.

15. 35mmMessiah

35mmMessiah Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Canuckville
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Montserrat

Lol... I put in Krasic and Gourcuff. No way Cringenaldo was making my team!!

16. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Diego and Navas took my non-Barça spots, besides Samu of course. I thought about putting in Evra over Eric but decided, nahhhh.....

17. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005

Can anybody show me the Bang Brothers? I google that and all I get is NSFW stuff that doesn't look like this:

[​IMG]

18. LondonCule

LondonCule Member

Apr 20, 2008

When taking players on loan I always thought that the feeder club could negotiate their playing time, i.e make sure the other team plays the player in for instance 30% of all the fixtures, or a minimum amounts of game. Didn't Barca do anything like that? Would be better to loan him out to a La Liga side IMO.

19. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

His move there coincided with the arrival of the bunny Saviola. Saviola was in very good form from the get go so Keirrison didn't get much playing time. And apparently when he did he didn't look very good. Definitely loan him out to another La Liga side so he can get the feel for Spain instead of going back to the comfort of Brazil.

1 person likes this.
  20. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

hehehe...

wikipedia: Bang Bros [​IMG]

22. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I've been trying to find you a pic of the Miami based dudes who appear as extras in their productions but I keep... getting... distracted... :p

23. barca_4_life

barca_4_life Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

lol at the alves pic

24. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Okay, CL group stage is over.
    Round of 16 draw to be held next Friday, 18 December.

GROUP WINNERS
    Bordeaux
    Manchester United
    Real Madrid
    Chelsea
    Fiorentina
    FC Barcelona
    Sevilla
    Arsenal

RUNNERS-UP
    Bayern Munich
    CSKA Moscow
    Milan
    Porto
    Lyon
    Inter
    Stuttgart
    Olympiakos

Inter is the only club Barca cannot be drawn against.
    Bayern is probably the one to avoid, especially if Ribery and Robben are both healthy. They were very injury-hit last season when they played.
    Stuttgart, CSKA and Olympiakos are probably the ones everyone wants.

25. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Last time we won the CL the next year we got drawn with a big powerhouse in Europe who had a recent CL win and wore red.

BRING ON MILAN!!!