2009-2010 Season Officially Over [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by PassItOn, Dec 12, 2009.

1. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Pathetic how a team that finished second last year is currently embarrasing their supporters.

Bettencourt is a fool needs to resign immediately and take Carvalhal with him. Seriously to bring in this idiot you might as well stayed with Bento.
    Get some in that can start changing this team, sell freaking Moutinho, Veloso, Pereirinha, and get rid of Polga, Postiga etc.....

Also WTF is with the field simply embarrasing.

2. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I agree im so angry today

I said the same thing

I want everyone sold, except for Liedson

lets remmeber Bento resigned he wasnt fired by the board.

Carvalhal insists on a 4-3-3 when we dont have the players for this

in fact I dont think we have the players for any formation

these players need to go, they dont honor the SCP shirt they think tis a joke only one who can stay is Liedson, the rest can go play for Stoke city or whatever ********in shit english team they want to sign for so badly.

they talk about Prendas in our sapatinhos this christmas, all they are giving me is a steaming pile of ********ing shit in my stocking for christmas.

I try not to pay attention to their news but I saw some headline about Benfica already signed a player in january for 5 million, We are lucky if they sign 3 players in total this winter for a grand total of 5 million.

how do you go from being the 2nd best team in the league to being a steaming pile of ********ing dog shit without selling anyone?

what is it now? 8 years without a league title already the 2nd longest dry spell in our history and I dont see it ending anytime soon.

3. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Anyways (before the trolls start settling in), instead of cursing and condemning our team, we need to figure out what to do from here. Honestly, I think the players are the first to blame. How is it that this can happen? Is there any way to penalize the players? Obviously, I can't completely blame this on carvalhal.

4. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    theres still cups to be won and europa league.

5. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Nothing and no one can save Sporting at this point.

6. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Sporting need a foreign coach....Sporting need someone to completely clean house. You guys held on to certain players way too long (Mountinho and Veloso) for example. Sporting needs reinforcements immediately but i dont see it happening with the incompetent president you guys voted in. Seriously, that guy is a moron.

7. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    I didn't start this thread to knock down our team, but our front office.

Of course the biggest part of this teams failures have been the players, that's why we need to bring in a strong manager. Except the fool Bettencourt brought in Carvalhal, please!!

We need to accept, that we might even not qualify for a UEFA spot next year. So let's start rebuilding, sell these overrated players while we can.

I honestly think we could do better with some of our junior players, mixed with a bunch of players out on loan like the kid Morais from Leiria.

Our player management has been awful to the least, I'll give you some examples.

Pepe was ours to have, and we shipped him back to Maritimo for Porto to take him.

Quaresma was our to bring back from Barca, but we couldn't match Porto's offer, same with Simao.

Varela consistently loaned out is wining games for Porto.

I can go on and on on this front office failures. So let's just not blame the players their looking out for themselves, and rightfully so. But the club needs to looke out for the future of the club with better recruiting which BTW we have totally lost since Peseiro left.

So let's start rebuilding now.

8. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Spot on. I agree 100%. Theres no way a portugee i going to fix this situation. Also, money must be spent on a manager first before players. We have a decent squad; we just need someone with experience to crack the whip. Look at Aston Villa. They were sh*t before they got O'niell

9. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I know our board is so stupid the mistakes they have been making

cant believe they let varela leave to porto.

10. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Sporting need to buy some former Argentine rejects for a quick boast in the standings.

11. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    we could learn how to dive more and win more fouls and penalties.

12. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    It's the players. They just aren't cutting it. Nevertheless, the front office has to bear some responsibility for the failures in player culture, not necessarily management, but culture, or lack of it. The need to instill the winning attitude in every player that dons the green and white, to wear it with pride, something that has been missing for way too long in too many players lately.