2009/10 New York Red Bulls Offseason Analysis Thread (merged)

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Kidtelex, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Kidtelex

Kidtelex New Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Long Island
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I figure with the imminent firesale that there is going to be a lot of rumors, news, and articles about players training with us, signing with us, or using us as a pawn to get a larger contract from an overseas team. I think we should post all news of players coming in and out of the club here.

I'll start with this tidbit from MLSrumors:rolleyes: though with links to credible sources linking Phil Mcguire, 29, formerly of Aberdeen and a young prospect from my alma mater Syracuse University, midfielder Mark Brode with our floundering club.

here's the link with links to BBC and SU's campus newspaper within.

while the latter stirs up some sort of school pride that i barely had when attending, the story about McGuire is very interesting as the defender says how he is ultimately interested in starting his own soccer school and is intrigued how there is no proper scouting system in the MLS. this leads me to believe that this isn't just a aging (thought at 29, he does have some years left) euro player coming stateside for a paycheck, but someone who is legitimately interested in improving MLS

2. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Offseason Player Movement thread (too soon?)

I read those two stories today and both seem very bogus. in the BBC article on McGuire, he says that he was offered a job with the Red Bulls Academy. I don't know it was the position Giovanni Savarese once held, but nowhere in the article did it say the Red Bulls wanted him as a player. McGuire then says that he wants to keep playing, as he's only 29. He's playing for some sore of amateur side in scotland now, so it doesn't look like he's very good.

The story on the college kid says that he's trained with the Red Bulls, not that he's been a part of their Academy. The kid thinks he's got an inside track on making the team because he's trained and the coaches have seen him. Someone better explain to him how the draft works.

3. Kidtelex

Kidtelex New Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Long Island
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

well first potential move story epic fail aside... can we agree on a universal player movement thread?

4. NYCfan

NYCfan New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Considering this might be the mother of all offseason revolving doors, for players and coaches alike. I'd say yes.

5. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Too soon? Not soon enough!

Players to see the door start with Rojas.

6. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

His Syracuse profile says he played for the Red Bulls U-16 and U-18 teams, so he probably was part of the academy.

http://suathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6724&path=msoccer

EDIT: I also apparently watched him score his first collegiate goal. **** him. :p

7. Kidtelex

Kidtelex New Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Long Island
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

ah Colgate ehy? Don't we Orange own you in the most important sport of them all? Lax? sorry getting off topic...

8. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

How about Hanson(1st name) midfielder from SU that had been rumored to go MLS past few years? I know SU is down this year but he seemed pretty good even back as a freshman when I saw him.

9. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003

I agree with you Jim, Rojas is number one, at least # 1 for something.... Next is Boyens, Goldy and Johnson....

10. Blue Note

Blue Note New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Pawling, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Has Rojas been with the Venezuelan national team or has he just gone missing?

11. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Players that need to be upgraded:

Rojas
    Boyens
    Sinisa
    Johnson

Players I'm no sure about:

Kandji
    Stammler
    Richards
    Goldthwaite

12. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. defendyourself

Jul 13, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. NYCfan

NYCfan New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Why, Riquelme, of course. Some players on my MLS shopping list:

Shalrie Joseph
    or
    Kyle Beckerman
    Eddie Gaven
    Brad Davis
    Mykel Galindo
    Wilman Conde
    and this guy (just spotted at his father's store):

[​IMG]

16. Nella FC 85

Nella FC 85 New Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Bayamon PR/NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'll post this here like I did in the Union forum...

"Some quick notes... after (officially) last nights game a few of the Islanders players are now free agents... Cristian Arrieta USL MVP, Back to back Defensive Player of the Year, Bill Gaudette Last years GK of the Year, Jonny Steele Last years USL MVP and Fabrice Noel... A few other won't be back either but some aren't worth mentioning and others are not confirmed.

Arrieta wants to stay here but we'll see, Gaudette really likes it here but he may want to play at a higher level and Steele is pretty much gone. Noel is most like heading to France, I learned today the reason is because he's trying to get his family out of Haiti and he needs a big payday to help them.

Also Andres Cabrero left the team weeks ago, he was disappointed that the promises made to him were not kept and he's been training "somewhere"... the team released him from his contract, so don't be surprised if you see him in the open tryouts, he's looking for a team."

Steele is leaving because he wants to be closer to his son who's in Philadelphia and he was interested in playing for the Union or DC United. The kid is good and can make some good passes but needs someone to keep him going at 100%... so maybe NY would be a good destination since he would be close to his son and I won't have to buy a f**king Union/DC jersey lol :mad: ... :D

17. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls

Arrieta is certainly a guy to consider, we have to mine some quality out of the USL.
    Gaudette could be an inexpensive backup.

18. Ilvinotinto

Ilvinotinto Member

Apr 8, 2008
    New York
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela

Rojas has not been called up since a dispute that he had with the head coach. At this point , he most likely wont be called up again because of the new generation. 2014 World cup.

19. Ilvinotinto

Ilvinotinto Member

Apr 8, 2008
    New York
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela

Kandji will stay , has great potential and they know they just need to develop the kid. Sisina candidate to be kicked out. Johnson will stay , and Rojas will also most likely stay for one more season..

Richards will stay , Stammler will stay . so you figure out who is coming in. Expect about 2 big names to come in and some other small changes but dont expect huge changes at all.

20. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls

there is NO WAY Rojas stays....it makes zero sense. You might have the rest right, I think Johnson is halfway decent at RB (ifwe had legit CBs next to him).

21. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003

Is ridiculous to think that Rojas can stay with what he has show for two years, no way.....I agree in Johnson play, what I don't like of him is his attitude, he go to the roof in seconds and commit fouls by dozens, and a red card is in his play every time he intervene...but like player isn't bad at all, but then again, we have Hall in that position and he demonstrate talent at defense too, and I will keep Hall instead of Johnson in that position...

22. Kidtelex

Kidtelex New Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Long Island
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

didn't Richards resign for this year? I'm assuming he HAS to stay due to his contract unless the FO wants to do some major cleaning and do a lot of trades this offseason. And the fact that Rojas has not been with the team since, it seems like, two games into Richie's tenure hints to me that he's already been shown the door out.

does anyone know our players' contracts as far as years, or more specifically whose contracts are up after our match against TFC on saturday.

23. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003

The only player who have a 2010 guarantee is Angel, after him so far I know isn't any body else, but who knows....Osoryyyio was willing to give guarantee contract to his players, so will be not estrange find out if Johnson, Celades, Garcia have one, excuse me, no Garcia he was signed just only for 2009 to do?, I don't know what, but he is a RB until Dic 31-2009 I get so...

24. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Nothing would surprise me with anyone Agaas has signed. Krapnik, Garcia, Etc........ We all know about JCOs great moves so don't be surprised if we have surprise guaranteed contracts we were unaware of. Nothing is ever what it seems to be with this team.

25. odsum5387

odsum5387 Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hall will still be Generation Adidas, thus guaranteed for 2010.