2008:OH brother here it comes...

Discussion in 'Elections' started by zverskiy yobar, Nov 3, 2004.

1. marylandred

marylandred New Member

Aug 19, 2004
    My dark horse: Martin O'Malley

2. mellowjohnny

mellowjohnny Member

Nov 4, 2004
    USA

I like her main problem would be the neocons would make her look "soft." They make a war hero look weak on national security so it would be even easier to scare rural america from voting for a woman. Anyway a lot of people in these states are sexist. I think Obama would be great but probably couldnt be the nominee until 2012 cuz of lack of experience, but then george the monkey really didnt have any either

3. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    pre 9-11 and that was when the Clintonistas totally hit him with all sorts of stuff about his divorce that was going on right around that time. He actually had the Rep nomination and dropped out of the race

But really the most important was that it was pre 9-11. If he had ran against Hilary in 2002, he'd have won by a landslide, ESPECIALLY considering a part of HRC's yuppie UWS power base would be voting for Rudy

4. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and yet I think the country will be in an even worse mess than it is now in four years and she could probably win. Which has been my nightmare scenarion all along.

The liberal elite media cream over her. Look at Maureen Dowd already.

5. Asprilla9

Asprilla9 Member

Dec 15, 2000
    Beaverton, OR
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i knew this was coming ... listen, the Clintons are WAY more politically adept than this Kerry abomination was. remember when Kerry was getting hammered by the Swiftboat people/Bush people for a month, and he just sat back and took it? you'd never, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER see that with a Clinton running. they are just too smart and too politically gifted. i thought that at the time and i still think that now.

a lot of you guys are underestimating the political aspects here ... a lot of you keep saying things like "the neocons would portray her as ____" or "do you know what the right would do?" You're missing the point. you know, there used to be a time when the democrats actually played OFFENSE. a weak, flimsy, REACTIVE campaign by Kerry has made you liberals soft. the clintons are just more politically tough and smart than John Kerry and his campaign.

that's why, when you talk about toughness, I actually view someone like Hillary Clinton as being way more politically tough than John Kerry is. Bill Clinton said it himself when Kerry was getting hammered by the 527s that Kerry should have hit back much harder, and much sooner. don't underestimate the possibility of the clintons/carville et al getting together and running a much smarter, formidable campaign.

i think about obama running as someone's VP, but then i'm reminded of Chris Rock's revelation:

"As long as you live, you ain't never gonna see no black vice president. Not while the president is white. You know why? Because some black guy would just kill the president. I'd do it. If we had a black vice president right now, I couldn't wait to kill the president. What's gonna happen to me? What are you gonna do? Put me in jail with a bunch of black guys who would treat me like a hero for the rest of my life?"

maybe barack should wait until he can run on his own ;)...

6. Defenestration

Defenestration New Member

Dec 18, 2002
    i like this idea. i think the guy's got real potential. he just crushed his opponent for mayor in baltimore with like 80% of the vote. i think he'll get his shot...who knows, maybe sooner than later.

http://www.gazette.net/200431/weekend/a_section/228926-1.html

7. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's funny, because it was actually Kerry who was really pissed off about the SBVFT, and wanted to level a quick, hard response to it. It was the Clinton people he had all around him telling him to wait it out and let it die.

Read this weeks Newsweek. It's a great inside look at his campaign.

8. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Um, it was the Dukakis people who told him to wait it out and let it die. It was the Clinton people that staged a coup within the campaign to fight charges of that sort.

9. Asprilla9

Asprilla9 Member

Dec 15, 2000
    Beaverton, OR
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you poor thing...

bill clinton went on (larry king, i think?) after the sbvft and said the kerry campaign had been way too weak and that the kerry folk were way too late in fighting back. how do you think this guy got elected for president -- twice?? democrats historically don't play the vicious game of politics as well as the republicans. the clintons know how to play the game, and they have the results to prove it.

10. Defenestration

Dec 18, 2002
    excuse me, um...buttermuncher??

11. Defenestration

Dec 18, 2002
    i want everyone to read my posts

12. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Four years from now, there are about three or four democrats I would concievably vote for, for president, depending on who the Reep. nominee is. Kerry and H. Clinton are not two of those candidates. Evan Bayh, among others, is. The Dems. should look to a Southern Governor or moderate Democrat Congressman from a Red-State if they really want to take the WH back.

15. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  17. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, he's got the failed bank officer and sex tourist demographics locked up. ;)