2008 0fficial Mexico's Copa Libertadores Thread: General Discussion Vol. II

Discussion in 'Mexico: Club Cups and Competitions' started by sidspaceman, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    you see it when Mexico plays.
    they beat an aging boca team with a terrible coach. chivas went on to be humiliated in the semi finals, embarrassing mexican futbol in the process. funny people never mention that.

read what you've written and actually take a step back and realize how retarded it all sounds. cant you just admit that they are better than any of our mexican teams? four copa libertadores titles, 2 copa sudamericana, 2 recopas, 2 world championships, 4 league titles since the turn of the century. as sid said, give credit where it's due.

2. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Wasn't half of the Chivas squad that beat Boca out on NT duty in the next round?

You are absolutely correct. They are the better team.

They are still a bunch of faggots, though.

3. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    just lik you! ,amargo....

4. commitment#4

commitment#4 Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Club:
    CA Monarcas Morelia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It was great to see Memo with confidence and security.The whole team came out to defend but Cabanas and they did it well.Everyone was focus,Rojas was the only one that seemed to pass prematurely.THis game could have gotten ugly due to all the fouls and calls going Santos way. Good luck in the semis.

5. Necaxista

Necaxista New Member

Oct 23, 2004
    Cuernavaca
    Club:
    Club Necaxa
    Nat'l Team:
    Namibia
    America joins San Luis and Necaxa with the ultra defensive, boring as hell football.
    No wonder we are brothers.

6. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If America manages to beat LDU Quito, they would reach the final of a South American tournament for the second time in a row. Pretty impressive.

7. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I'm not bitter. I just don't like Argentines because they have no class, with very few exceptions. Whether its "Hand of God" in '86 or forcing out the Israeli referree Abraham Klein before the '78 WC final because they thought he would favor the Dutch, their two WC wins were both undeserved. How about the fact that almost everytime an Argentine team loses, they start a fight. Just look at the last WC against Germany. No team likes losing, but there is no excuse for that kind of behavior.

For the record, I'm not a fan of Atlas. I thought Boca would win.

You neg repped me just for calling your team faggots. Who's the bitter one?

8. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I have to agree with Kaney here. I can't generalize about everyone, but the games I have seen the Argies play they will do anything to win. I remember the WC 06 and Copa America players diving and grabbing onto the others and the refs just ignoring it. Remember Coloccini's elbow to Ramon Morales? Or his tackle as the last man on the 45th minute in 06 on Kikin? I don't know why they resort to those tactics they clearly have great football skills it just baffles me. Italy and Portugal are the same way.

9. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Look Otaku I respect your opinion , you are not generalizing., there are a few players on every team that are unsportsman like at times , But every team in the known world has somebody that pulls something a time or two... Don't tell me Mexico plays ala "Fifa fair-play" every time they go out !! I watch futbol de la liga mexicana i see many games and although there is great quality , its not without its; bully's , divers, cry-baby's , and instigators as well...

I can't believe Kaney would even say what he said , what does calling them(Boca) Fa--ot's prove??? Ok he doesn't like Argentino's ,big deal, no one will lose sleep over his point of view.. What does WC '78 or '86 have to do with Boca vs. Atlas???? , and Palermo's hat-trick?? what about WC '02?? Mex vs. USA??? i remember so don't give us any of that crap Kaney ! im not here to pick fights or get off topic but here are som Mexico brawls in case you think just Argentina are sore losers..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgHJhLEUz64

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKGPvK4Wb2Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCiEuK7F0DQ

10. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Thanks for being civil and respecting my opinion devilman. I agree with you that the Mexican players are no saints themselves. We remember Rafa's headbutt to Cobey.My point was that the Argentines have such a tremendous talent I think they can win with out resorting to that type of play, thats how teams that don't have skill play. But that is just my humble opinion.

11. Hector_Huerta

Hector_Huerta Member

May 2, 2007
    Espn
    Generalization is just ignorance at its finest . All teams no matter what will have those type of players. Is just the heat of the game and part of the game

Argentina has some class act players ,such as Messi and Zanetti just to name a few.

Back to Libertadores

12. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    great by the way good luck to you Albañiles today , i'd like to see them campeon , someday.:)

13. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Hey so can Mr.Riverplate or someone please post when Boca vs Flumenise and America vs Quito play like day of month and time Pacific please?

14. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    How many more can you name?:rolleyes:

15. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

This is for you ;
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68621

.....but please don't let me change you , or your silly point of view.. just go on and keep hating Argentina , because ignorant people like you cannot be changed . Your in your thirties and you think like this , man i would expect that from a teenager or Mosco .... but your ignorance is worse because your already old enough to know better ...:(

16. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    LOL

17. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator