2007 update: Supporters in NYC

Discussion in 'Supporters Abroad' started by DCAustinite, Mar 23, 2007.

1. joehill

joehill Member

Sep 28, 2005
    brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United
    I'm moving to Brooklyn in July, and while I'm going to attempt to continue to make it down to RFK for the rest of my half-season ticket plan, I'll be happy to meet up with you guys for away games and the games in the other half-season plan.

2. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Welcome.

3. degerron

degerron New Member

Feb 18, 2006
    Queens
    Just wanted to say I really enjoyed Galaxy Hookers the other night(scary to know that the back place). It was a pleasure meeting HATE and the MLS HQ people. We were upstairs in a back in case you missed us, we didn't know that they would be showing the game downstairs on the big screen.

See you all on Saturday at Manchester!

4. Q*bert Jones III

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    When did they put it on the big screen? (Not that it would have been enough to pull me away from the free booze upstairs :D:D:D). I'll be away this weekend but I'll be with you in spirit.

5. NYAustinite

NYAustinite Member

May 9, 2005
    LIC
    Sorry to have missed everyone - I was unavoidably detained, and by the time I could leave, the game was about to start, so I ended up watching it alone. Great game.

As fo rtoday, I'm going to be on the lower east side, so I'm probably going to just watch it at Nevada Smith's, since my girl and her friend are watching a movie at the place next door. But I'm up for viewing parties anywhere for the future. I'll keep checking this thread, so post where you want to meet for the next one (well, the next next one - I'm going to DC for the home opener).

6. degerron

degerron New Member

Feb 18, 2006
    Queens
    Well if no ones going to the bar I guess I'll go fetch some Afghan chicken wings and watch the match at home.

7. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kind of my story. The kids and I were in the Village much later than planned and my daughter wanted to go to the Carnegie Deli for cheesecake. By the time we finished with that, it was after 11 and time for bed.

8. Q*bert Jones III

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    These excuses sound like they're ripped off the RBNY forum. :D

IMO all important midweek games should be at the Galway Hooker. Other games can be anywhere y'all want.

9. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Glad everyone likes the Hooker!

Next time I get back up there (what, another 5 years?) I'll find a new place to recommend.

BTW if you want some NYC recs, Miracle in the Village (near the White Horse), The Bourgeois Pig, Osteria al Doge, and Eatery (for Brunch) all were great dining/drinking experiences for my vacation last month.

Thx,

Jay!

10. NYAustinite

NYAustinite Member

May 9, 2005
    LIC
    DCAustinite and I both enjoy the Bourgeois Pig very much.

As for this weekend's game, it turns out that I'm not going to DC for the opener after all, so we're going to watch it at Manchester, 2nd and 48th or 49th. We'll probably get there early to watch some international footie, but the game starts at 7:30 according to mlsnet.com. Anyone who wants to/can make it, feel free!

11. DCAustinite

DCAustinite New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    NE DC in my heart -
    Club:
    DC United
    We enjoy the bourgeious pig because we are ourselves bourgeious pigs. GRON GRON GRON!

See y'all Saturday. One of us will wear something DCUnited related.

12. NYAustinite

NYAustinite Member

May 9, 2005
    LIC
    By which he means a "half in the bag" face. And it'll probably be both of us.

13. DCAustinite

DCAustinite New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    NE DC in my heart -
    Club:
    DC United
    Last shout out:

I'll be at manchester at 49th and 2nd starting around 5 o'clock. It's a small bar, and I'll be the guy with the dcunited scarf on his chair or around his neck while he enjoys a cigarette (outside, of course).

14. DCAustinite

DCAustinite New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    NE DC in my heart -
    Club:
    DC United
    A special thanks to seth and Degerron for making it out. It was good to get NY fans together for a DC United game.

Now let us never speak of it again.

15. NYAustinite

NYAustinite Member

May 9, 2005
    LIC
    I concur. I think we can build on this - DCAustinite and I have pretty much said everything to each other that is even remotely interesting - fresh blood is more than welcome. I like Hate's proposition of the Hooker for important midweek games. Heck, any midweek game that I can make, actually.

Never speak of what again?

16. DCAustinite

DCAustinite New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    NE DC in my heart -
    Club:
    DC United

Precisely

17. degerron

degerron New Member

Feb 18, 2006
    Queens
    It was great meeting you all. I "hate":p that we have to wait 2 weeks till the next game but hopefully the weather will clear up so as to allow the real DCU to take to the field.

18. Q*bert Jones III

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Congrats to you all for not being complete sociopaths. Mostly.:D

19. GWAIHIR

GWAIHIR New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Under Your Skin
    Since when did NY have supporters?

;)

20. DCAustinite

DCAustinite New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    NE DC in my heart -
    Club:
    DC United
    When we were forcibly wrested from the bosom of lot 8 and dragged up here for work/school/sexual misadventures. :D

21. Q*bert Jones III

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
  22. NYAustinite

NYAustinite Member

May 9, 2005
    LIC
    I don't think they get direct kick, which is one of the only disadvantages to going there. That is the only way we can see it, yes?

23. NYAustinite

NYAustinite Member

May 9, 2005
    LIC
    Alright - DC is on FSC this Thursday - I and hopefully DCAustinite will be attending at Manchester - unless we all think the Hooker is a better choice. Let's get a head count of everyone who will be there (whichever place we choose).

24. Q*bert Jones III

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    I'll be there (wife and work permitting).

25. degerron

degerron New Member

Feb 18, 2006
    Queens
    I can be at Manchester but I'll be a few minutues late.