2007 Saint Louis Billikens Part II.

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by soccertom, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soccertom

soccertom New Member

Jun 2, 1999
    Here is a link to the previous thread.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=446386&page=26

Does anyone know if the Bills are working out this evening?

New question marks.

Is Holmes injured?

Did anyone see Boemecke?

Is Disbennett healthy?

Has Sweetin fully recovered from his off season knee surgery?

What the fug is going on with Herd? He went home to get married was the report. No 18 or 19 year old plans a marriage date 5 days into a Major College preseason schedule unless he knocked up his High School girlfriend and some Texas Daddy is pointing a shotgun sayin "Son you need to do the right thing here..."

2. slu1818

slu1818 New Member

Aug 2, 2006
    St Louis

On Sundays I promised my wife that I would not swear but this $hit beats the F***ing hell out of me. A Fresh getting married Tom I'm with you on this one..... Dan or Sorbes must have been recruiting out of a White Trash Trailer Park NOT Pizza Hut Park, Uhhhh... I can't think right now..... I'm so so so pi$$ed. Here I am justifying to my girl why I'm cutting checks to SLU and this type of $hit comes up. There was talk of this but I really did not want to believe...

No practice today

Sweetin is doing good

Jimmy is/was sore

That all I know.... Let me guess Herd is going to Honeymoon in Florida on SLU's nickel....... This is a embarrassment to the program and every former and current SLU student. Think what the players are saying and thinking??

3. kami

kami Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Saint Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Chill out guys. The "report" was what I heard from another freshman. No telling if he's got the right info or not; freshman are very prone to making mistakes ya know.

4. saintlouisrooki

saintlouisrooki New Member

Jul 18, 2005
    No kidding. The players look at this forum and are probably laughing at the responses right now. Let's give Doogie the benefit of a doubt before jumping to conclusions.

5. size5ballz

size5ballz New Member

Nov 17, 2006
    Well boys it's for real Herd did get married don't expect an announcement from SLU that's all I will say ;)

6. kami

kami Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Saint Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

7. soccertom

soccertom New Member

Jun 2, 1999

8. soccertom

soccertom New Member

Jun 2, 1999
    I agree we need to give everyone the benefit of the doubt regarding this situation. Obviously the SLU coaching staff was aware of the situation so hopefully all will work out fine.

9. soccertom

soccertom New Member

Jun 2, 1999
  10. kami

kami Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Saint Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Just want to say I am so g-ddamn glad college soccer is starting.

11. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Will his wife be there?

12. soccertom

soccertom New Member

Jun 2, 1999
    No. Your wife will be there! WOO HOO!

13. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Finally, some peace and quiet in my house!

14. soccertom

soccertom New Member

Jun 2, 1999
    What he said.

15. unnamedsource

unnamedsource Member

Jun 29, 2007
    I really don't feel like finding the link, but SLU was ranked 22 in the NSCAA preseason poll.

16. soccertom

soccertom New Member

Jun 2, 1999
    Yes.

SLU should be ranked right around 8 or 9.

We will find out real soon how SLU stacks up among the nation's top teams.

Hopefully SLU will,

1) Defeat or tie SMU @ SMU.

2) Defeat NC State @ Duke.

3) Defeat LMU @ Hermann.

4) Defeat Indiana @ Hermann.

Should SLU get through their first 2 weeks of the season with a record of 3-1-1 or 4-1 they will be in the top 8 teams. I'm giving away a loss @ Duke. Should SLU defeat or draw with Duke which is possible SLU should/would be among the top 3 teams in the nation.

17. Luke Slope

Luke Slope New Member

Aug 8, 2007
    thanks for letting me read your blog. fun stuff. this is my first post.

anyone know who won the game today?

also, anyone use gametracker? is it good quality?

Gawds, maybe SLU should be more aggressive in birth control education. that would be a good way to spend some recruiting dollars.

18. HowieP

HowieP Member

Apr 26, 2006
    USF Blanks St. Louis 2-0

Courtesy: USF

Release: 08/21/2007

TAMPA, Fla. – Capitalizing twice on the opposing keeper being out of position, the University of South Florida men’s soccer team defeated the University of St. Louis 2-0 in exhibition play, Tuesday night at the USF Soccer Stadium.

The win marks the second for the Bulls in as many years over St. Louis in preseason play. USF defeated the Billikens on the road last year by a 2-0 margin as well. In that contest, St. Louis carried a No. 25 preseason ranking. This season the Billikens are ranked as high as No. 19.

The Bulls recorded the first goal at the 39’ of the first half after St. Louis goalie Ross Kaufman was drawn out of position on a high bouncer at the top of the box. Midfielder Jason Devenish waited as the ball deflected off a Billikens’ defender to where he was positioned at the top-left of the box. After briefly settling the ball, Devenish fired a shot with his left foot that reached the back of the net for the unassisted goal and his first of the preseason.

The second goal came at the 62’, as newcomers Tony Taylor and Marshall Schultz combined for the score. Schultz nailed a shot from the outside-center of the box, which substituted keeper Pat Disbennett misplayed, and Taylor easily put away as the St. Louis goalie tried to scramble back into position.

The Bulls and Billikens each recorded seven shots in the contest, with two each being on goal. USF keeper Diego Restrepo tallied the two saves and newcomer Jeff Attinella preserved the shutout for the final 17 minutes of the match.

With the win, USF improves to 2-0-0 in exhibition play this year, while St. Louis drops to 0-1-0. The Bulls have outscored opponents 4-0 in the two victories.

The Bulls will look to keep the good fortune going this Saturday as they head to Charlottesville, Va., for perhaps their toughest test of the preseason. USF will face-off against preseason No. 5 UVA at 7 p.m. from Klockner Stadium. The Cavaliers only exhibition match thus far against Virginia Commonwealth was cancelled due to weather on Sun., Aug. 19.

USF vs. St. Louis Boxscore

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=1158047

19. unnamedsource

unnamedsource Member

Jun 29, 2007
    bring on the excuses :rolleyes:

20. size5ballz

size5ballz New Member

Nov 17, 2006
    Honeymoon-itis or morning sickness will work for Tom :rolleyes:

This is the one loss that Tom was talking about...

Originally Posted by soccertom
    Actually I miscalculated. SLU will win the A-10 Tourney and have a record of 17-1-1. Following their A-10 Tourney win SLU will march into the NCAA Final 4 with a record of 20-1-1.

21. sept79

sept79 Member

Aug 25, 2005
    St. Louis
    Sounds like a continuation of last year: Poor goal keeping and the total lack of anybody being able to bury the ball in the back of the net.

22. saintlouisrooki

saintlouisrooki New Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Does soccertom's record include pre-season or is it just the regular season? Honestly, I do really care either way. Preseason is just preseason...just a warmup until the real start of games. I place very little emphasis upon these games. Even the new forward from New Mexico did not play...any ideas why?

23. kami

kami Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Saint Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Exactly. This is an exhibition. We need to know where our depth on the bench is; we already know the main starters so why play them too much? Love to know who played where and when.

24. soccertom

soccertom New Member

Jun 2, 1999
    Are you a complete dope in everyday life? You don't have any friends do you? You live in the basement of your parents house and spend a bunch of your time trying to beat off and usually end up failing at that don't you? For the record my prediction for SLU included real games during the regular & post season. Not preseason games. OK Dummy. By the way did you take any time trying to analyze SLU's season record? No. You didn't. Your enjoyment consists of trying to belittle my observations. You are a pathetic little pimple born to irritate a cats ass.

25. soccertom

soccertom New Member

Jun 2, 1999
    Here is the link to the Box Score,

http://www.gousfbulls.com/pdf2/81703.pdf?ATCLID=1158047&SPSID=36619&SPID=2914&DB_OEM_ID=7700

Barklage didn't play. SLU used a 4-5-1. The one man forward was seldom used Andrew Reeder. SLU won't score many if any goals using a one man attack force of Andrew Reeder. I guess the other forwards like Holmes, Barklage, Bellomy, Boemecke, Gerhaghty & Goudie are all banged up. Herd didn't play either. Weird that the two players I would want to mix into the lineup (Barklage & Herd) both sat out. The only newcomer out of the 9 new players to see any time was Charles Bryce and he played a grand total of 4 minutes. Coughman er um I mean Kaufman coughs up the winning goal. Again! Please let this kid sit on the bench where he belongs.