2006 World Cup: Semi-Finals - Portugal x France [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Força Sporting, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    I feel the same about England!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Don't forget about Terry and Ferdinand neither.

3. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Re: I hate to beat a dead horse but....

Yuppers.

We had some great crosses but nobody in the box!!! You can cross all day, if nobody is there you won't get goals!

4. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    I haven't!!! But i didn't want to rub it in.:D

5. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Did you guys see that last little cross by Simao in the box that went right past the far post, and you saw Postiga just there, holding his legs. I sure hope we wasn't doing that when the ball hit the floor.

6. El Ardillo

El Ardillo New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Delaware
    why do they insist on coming into our forums?

7. El Ardillo

El Ardillo New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Delaware

yeah...it was always headed away, those beautiful crosses...

LOUSY PKs!!!!! AHHHHH!

i still can't believe it:(

8. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Only thing better then that is watching Beckham, Terry, Lampaard and Gerrard sob like little girls.

In Terry's case he had to have Fererria console him.

9. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton

We can talk about that PK for years bud, but in the end, we could not score. We have no one to blame but ourselves. We had our chances.

10. Reis710

Reis710 New Member

May 20, 2006
    Hamilton

quaresma wouldnt have done anything for our NT..... you know why

he wouldnt of played... if he played he would of done something but this wasnt a lack of crossing. it was a lack of goals. who do i blame it on, well the team in general, pauleta didnt really have the chance everytime he got the ball, which was rare, he had guys covering him. this was the only game we did bad this one and england. what was the main problem the england game deco wasnt their which equals no brains in the heart of the mid. no short balls played threw to pauleta. this last game well everyone was hyping decos return it must have gotten to him he was invisible. so therefore no more short balls played towards pauleta and deco was playing too far back. a good strategy would be when the balls on on the wings get pauleta deco and the other wings of the other side right in the box. that didnt happen we didnt score. plain and simple.

11. El Ardillo

El Ardillo New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Delaware

france had thier chances to score honestly as well, but they didnt.

they failed the same way we did. give us a penalty kick and we'd have tied the game.

the call for a PK was totally bogus.

12. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton

I hear you. Im not saying that France deserved the win, Im saying that we did nothing to help our cause. On many occasions during the game, I saw so many long crosses from us that I thought we were England ??? We had chances for quick counter attacks and what did we do ? Slowed up in order to set up ????? What happened to attacking them through the middle with short quick passes ? We had zero creativity. Why were our midfield staying so far back when we were attacking ?

I did not see much that overly impressed me from France. Im not giving them credit so much as Im dissappointed in ourselves.

13. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The boy has passion and pride and wears huis emotions on his sleeve. Didn't a lot of Arsenal players cry after choking the CL title away? Anyways, yet another Portugal forum ban has been requested and, in short time, will be granted. Thanks for your contributions, and have a great rest of the day. Cherrio! :)

14. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    It's garbage like this that will get people yellow cards. I don't care if you are Portuguese, French, Dutch, English or from Neptune - play nice or face the consequences. I hope everyone else will learn from the mistakes of others...

15. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto

[​IMG]

16. Ricardo76

Ricardo76 New Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Lisboa
    They are showing England's team highlights on BBC.
    TO, we demand a pic of John TERRYbly unhappy :cool:

17. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    I enjoy it when he plays vs Arsenal just to see your defenders drop like flies after he makes them look like pylons :p

18. Mourinho

Mourinho New Member

Jul 2, 2006
    Lisbon
    Do you now, in recent times is so rare Portugal lose, than when this appens here they are in force. The english are trying to win us for a long time, and dutch too. So if I was english or Dutch, I will be pissed too :rolleyes: .

19. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal

The importance of Quaresma would had been showned in games like we had against Holland, England and France, most of our opponents wouldn´t know him that much thus neglecting him and giving him space, unlike what they did when they saw Figo, CRonaldo, or Simão stepping in the picth.
    Obviously he wouldn´t be a starter but could have been more usefull than Boa Morte who was called and used for what 15 minutes?
    The same goes for Hugo Almeida, a huge player with strong presence in the area that would had been very usefull yesterday against France, instead of Postiga, or Nuno Gomes who played 10 minutes? against Mexico.

Anyway this were 2 possibilities, for the so called plan B, the one we missed yesterday and the one i knew we should have if we started losing.

20. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    So is he being carded or not?

21. Ricardo76

Ricardo76 New Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Lisboa
  22. Figo Rules

Figo Rules Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Toronto

You wouldn't be trying to pressure BS into giving me a yellow card now, would you?

English people never do that. They are too honest.:rolleyes:

23. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Let me deal with issuing yellow cards. Thanks...

24. Mourinho

Mourinho New Member

Jul 2, 2006
    Lisbon
    loollooloooooll. And are this guys who call as cheaters. lol!

25. Figo Rules

Figo Rules Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Toronto

Well, I'm sorry, but I've spent a lot of time on BS since the loss yesterday (I've got the damn flu), and i've had to put up with reading things, that if they were said about blacks or jews, for example, there would be no tolerance for it.

I'll take my yellow card like a man, knowing that Dutch Master is a worm.