2006 World Cup: Semi-Finals - Portugal x France [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Força Sporting, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dutch_Master

Dutch_Master New Member

May 10, 2005
    Holland
  2. Dutch_Master

Dutch_Master New Member

May 10, 2005
    Holland
    Why don't you shut up then?????????? :confused: :D

3. Ricardo76

Ricardo76 New Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Lisboa
    Its hard to loose by a penalty to France again, on semifinals, after Euro 84 and Euro 2000, these last after extra time. It's our french dilema, what can we do?
    But guys, Its clear that we can also win sometimes to other nations and make the pain go elsewhere, for instance:
    1) 2002, we were able to KO Holland from the WC in the qualifying stages;
    2) Euro 04, Holland in the 1/4 finals;
    3) WC 2006, Holland in the 1/8 finals.
    4) Euro 08... a matter of time

Cheaters or not, least we will always have this beutiful Atlatic Cost to dive in. And that may very well be other countries dilema! :cool:

Força Portugal!

4. Dutch_Master

Dutch_Master New Member

May 10, 2005
    Holland
    That's probably where you practice your skills :D

5. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Because Portugal are still playing...you can't be that dumb...can you?

6. Dutch_Master

Dutch_Master New Member

May 10, 2005
    Holland
    For what? 3rd/4th place?? Might as well go home instead of bothering the world with more diving & cheating.

7. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Awww... he's upset. :(

You want a little lolly pop? It still hurts that bad? Maybe someday Holland will be as good as Portugal...

Who am I kidding, that day will never come, because you'll all be too busy bitching about another team's lack of fair-play when your team is the instigator.

Notice how the number of cards went down so much when Holland went out...

8. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Holland stole our plane. :(

9. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Oh... So is that why Holland went home early? Makes sense.

10. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The guy is trying to goad everyone into responding to his rubbish, and it's working. Let it slide, guys...

I know that it is tough when you don't have much of a forum, DM, but if you go away quietly, it would probably be the best thing for you. I have handed out forum bans like it was candy in the last 24 hours or so, so asking for another one wouldn't be too hard. Now, go away and I thank you in advance :) Adeus...

11. Dutch_Master

Dutch_Master New Member

May 10, 2005
    Holland
    Sorry mate, we only fly business class in proper planes. Not some rusty old Soviet plane.

12. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Was there even any point in you posting that? That was one of the worst comebacks ever in the history of trolls on this forum.

And I thought you were good... you're over-rated. You're a troll? Pfft.

13. Dutch_Master

Dutch_Master New Member

May 10, 2005
    Holland
    Damn, I always thought the Portuguese were hospitable. Silly me :eek: But hey, I'm a smart guy and I'll save some for later :D :D

14. Tuga

Tuga New Member

Jun 29, 2006
    Maputo - Mozambique
    I think we shall not be too upset about yesterday´s match. Sad, of course, but not pissed of. It was a balanced match and our guys fought as hard as they could… I guess that for this time, Domenech was smarter than Scolari. Our players spend the days before the match saying that we would beat France by playing though the wings and the French coach planted 2 guys to mark Ronaldo and other two to mark Figo.

As to the penalty, I am still not sure whether the contact was enough to trip Henry. Ref awarded and, well, not much we can do about it. Reasons for the defeat, IMO:

1 – Deco underperformed
    2 – Pauleta was not even there…
    3 – Scolari did not had a “B Plan” (this was the first time in the tournament that found ourselves trailing).

One last note: just leave the pathetic dutch poster alone. Probably just a prostitute killing time to go to work on the red light district. When I think of holland, I think of hookers… I wonder why… You know, dutch people visit the bordellos on a daily basis, either to work or just to say hi to their mummies…

15. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Finally the voice of reason.....after 6 pages of pure crap a post worth reading.

It was a penalty, change the jerseys around and everyone here would agree..........lets not let the pride of a nation get in a way of making a rational call. Did Henry enbelish...yes...but he was touched, and if it was Figo or Ronaldo they would have gone down 2.

Remember Figo's penalty against IRAN???? Same type of play as this one....so lets be honest.

Plus Portugal didn't lose this game because of that penalty, they lost because they weren't able to create spaces in the midfield and they were unable to score!!!

Cmon guys, we reached the semis with 6 goals scored in 6 games.......that is not enough for a team who dreams of winning a world cup.

16. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    The word of the prophet TODevils :D

I agree with everything you said but it does suck to lose on a penalty which could of easilly not been a penalty with all the diving that was going on in the game ;)

17. Jungle King

Jungle King New Member

May 23, 2006
    Lisbon
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    My thoughts on yesterday:

No drama whatsoever. We lost with a penalty that if was in the froggie's box would have NEVER been whistled. Yes, it's a penalty, and yes Henry showed the world how much of a bloody drama queen that resorts to get himself on all fours after a ballet twist he is. He was owned by our back four.:rolleyes:
    In the 78th (?) m Sagnol chokes Ronaldo with an elbow over the chest, from behind. Crystal clear, but it was after at least four stupid dives. Cry wolf classic. (With nil nil Pauleta is pushed in the box by a frog to prevent him shooting a Barthez rebound; it was maybe the ninth minute; to this one, there's no explanation).:cool:
    The rest of the game: total stats, possession and overall display of talent for us, the froggies reduced to their box (even if their intentions weren't that, just look at their subs). No goal in an hour of play. Dejá vu, people.
    We must win the third place final. Give airplay to the B team, they can do it and leave us all something to remember. That officializes our third European spot meaning we're the 21 st century owners of the english and the dutch, regardless (to the unconverted please check also club clashes. Thank you).
    If only all of us strived to take this quantum jump into other areas... :mad:

Notes on players:

Zidane. Tamed.
    Thuram. France's best man.
    Ribéry. Don't believe the hype.

Ricardo. He even touched the bloody ball
    Valente. Superb.
    Ronaldo. Much more feared than anybody at this point. Great game.

18. parkben1

parkben1 Member

Feb 18, 2006
    brooklyn
    They where playing for a spot in the World Cup final and I do agree that Henry hit Carvalho foot, but the ref should have let the play go. I hate to see the semifinal decdided on a questionable penalty. The game was only 32 minutes old and the game was even. I could understand if the French was losing and the play occured late in the game then it should be called.

19. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  20. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  21. parkben1

parkben1 Member

Feb 18, 2006
    brooklyn
  22. sportinglisbon1

sportinglisbon1 New Member

Jan 2, 2002
    Mississauga, ON.

You're way off-base here. Use your heads people.

23. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  24. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Agreed, that was uncalled for.

25. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Portugal and France have long ties. Many of the Portuguese play in League 1 of course, most noteably, the great Pauletta. Also there are huge Portuguese imigrant neighborhoods across France.

No need for Football to bring out the worst in all of us. Just a stupid game in the larger scheme of things.

I do have a great deal of respect for Portugals Golden generation, and it certainly seems that the future is no less bright.