2006 World Cup: Semi-Finals - Portugal x France [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Força Sporting, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deco_#10

deco_#10 Member

Mar 22, 2004
    Montreal
    Yeah having Portuguese born parents and I'm born in canada makes me canadian...That means I can't cheer for them right? what about De Guzman? Hes got dutch written all over him. Surinam must also be in Holland right? LOL

2. Dutch_Master

Dutch_Master New Member

May 10, 2005
    Holland
    I'm not finding excuses. We lost, period. It was the way the Portuese play(ed) that annoy(ed)(s) me the most. And don't give me that Bouhlarouz crap cause he didn't injure Ronaldo on purpose. Why would a man hurt a little boy?? :confused: His leg was to high in the air, it's called dangerous play.....
    Figo on the contrary dove so hard it amazed me that his head didn't went into the ground :eek: And what about Deco? Valente?

I'm just late my friend. First I was pro-Dutch (duh), then pro-English and then pro-French. I'm anti-Portuguese and I'll always be anti-Portuguese as long as they continue to ruin the beautiful game with their constant diving and cheating.

3. Portugeezer!

Portugeezer! Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Raynham, MA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It was also priceless to see the Dutch go down to Portugal for the third straight tournament in a row. Maybe we can make it a fourth at Euro 08?

4. Dutch_Master

Dutch_Master New Member

May 10, 2005
    Holland
    Ok, South African :p :D

5. Dutch_Master

Dutch_Master New Member

May 10, 2005
    Holland
    If you continue the cheating, then yes, you stand a decent chance. If fair play comes into play, I wouldn't already count on it.

6. Portugeezer!

Portugeezer! Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Raynham, MA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Yes, because the Dutch know a lot about fair play. Maybe next time, you might want to try and give the ball back.

7. Dutch_Master

Dutch_Master New Member

May 10, 2005
    Holland
    But is he Dutch? The answer is no. Surinam is a former colony of Holland thus they are entitled to Dutch citizenship. And btw, how many Surinam players were in this squad??? :rolleyes: Try again. And as far as I remember Canada wasn't a colony of Portugal, more like a refugee camp for the Portuguese or something in that order.

8. geeko79

geeko79 Member

Mar 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Re: Scolari admits Henry penalty was correct call

it was a soft foul...and the media labels the portuguese as divers. I think thats 2 pk's that Henry has flopped for.

oh well, those are the breaks

9. Dutch_Master

Dutch_Master New Member

May 10, 2005
    Holland
    Wasn't most of the cheating done by the Portuguese??? The Dutch just reacted to that... What you can do, we can do too! The Portuguese players are lucky that they didn't get their faces kicked in after their sick behaviour. You should thank van Basten for not selecting Davids, he would hand your asses to you on a silver platter :D

10. Mike123

Mike123 New Member

May 1, 2006
    Lisbon, Portugal
    No, Holland started it.

11. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    More moronic statements...there have been so many from the English and Dutch...

Why are they such sore losers...the Mexicans, Iranians and Angolans didn't cry as much...

It must really feel like to shit to lose to a small meaningless country....right?

This pathetic display by the Dutch and English Supporters is really funny to watch...as all their "Soccer" knowledge when put to the test really means nothing...

Portugal have the best young players...Portugal plays the "beautiful game"....

Who sat back yesterday...the great France...

It does suck to be either a Dutchie or an Englishman...because the only excuse they can come up with for their soccer ineptitude is that Portugal are cheats and divers...

Same can be said for France...even winning the game they came off as jackasses...

Portugal played...France didn't...and talk about diving...the first minute of the games was reserved for that Ribary flop and only to be over taken by the Henry Flop...

So please mr Dutch Sock Puppet go back to Amsterdam and stick your finger in a dike...:D

12. parkben1

parkben1 Member

Feb 18, 2006
    brooklyn
    The boot to Cristiano Ronaldo thigh was just a reaction. This is not the first time that Holland resorted to dirty plays. Remember the 1978 final how many dirty fouls the Dutch commited against the Argentines..

13. alfredo1

alfredo1 New Member

Jun 20, 2006
    germany
    if you're talking about fair play of dutch playrs i would like to remember the spitting attack of mr. rijkaard against mr. voeller. furthermore the absolute disgusting atitude of mr. koeman who showed very bad behaviour by doing some kind of butt cleaning with the shirt he swapped with a german in that match in 1990.
    don't get me wrong, normally i like to watch the dutch playing as they play nice, but in that match they were terrible on fair play.

14. parkben1

parkben1 Member

Feb 18, 2006
    brooklyn
    Did anyone watch the Italian and German match. The Italians where diving all over the field, but that didn't take away from their talent. Every country dives and its been part of the game for years. This is just Northern European racism towards the Portuguese.Portuguese people are probably the hardest working people in Europe and still value tradition and religion. These countries ruining this world cup for the Portuguese people with their unfounded claims.

15. Dutch_Master

Dutch_Master New Member

May 10, 2005
    Holland
    You guys are talking about things that happened occasionally in a time frame of almost 30 years :eek: I'm talking about witnessing the Portuguese and their dirty play for 6 years now and their last 3 games in particular....

16. Dutch_Master

Dutch_Master New Member

May 10, 2005
    Holland
    Their was only 1 dive from the Italians compared to 3+ in Portugals last game. How do you like them apples?? :eek: There goes your tradition and religion down the drain.

17. Dutch_Master

Dutch_Master New Member

May 10, 2005
    Holland
    Well, if the Portuguese understanding of the beautiful game is diving and cheating, I fully agree with you :eek:

18. parkben1

parkben1 Member

Feb 18, 2006
    brooklyn
    How many legs did the Portuguese players break? How many players did the Portuguese knock out of a game? How many elbows or players the Portugues attack? The Argentinians attack the germans after losing their quarterfinal match, but I never heard one person called them cheaters or sore losers. It seems all the attacks are toward the Portuguese....

19. Portugeezer!

Portugeezer! Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Raynham, MA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Umm. no. I'm still waiting for these who acuse us of being cheaters and divers to point out specific situations where this happened. I've seen all the games and remember a few. During the England game there was a moment when one of the english players threw his hand up at maniches face, barely grazing him. Maniche went down, but the ref did not call a foul or give a card, play went on. There were a couple of times yesterday, but again the ref called nothing. If anything France were worse. Henry and Ribery went down every chance they got. I still don't know why everyone has gotten on Ronaldo's case. He did nothing wrong, just complained to ref about the foul. He's not the first player or the last player in this tournament to complain to a ref about a foul. It happens in every game. Rooney's got himself to blame for what happened. He's a hot head, plain and simple and he's lucky he didn't get red carded earlier in the cup the way he acted towards the refs. in the very first game he played, he was mouthing off to the ref.

Holland and England lost because of their players and coaches, that's the bottom line. Both teams had plenty of opportunities to score, but didn't Both managers made fatal mistakes. Van Basten was stupid for leaving your best striker on the bench. Erikksson was stupid for bringing two injured strikers to the cup, especially when one of them has a habit of getting red carded.He also played a 4-5-1 system knowing full well that his team struggles when playing that system.

When England could not beat us on the field, their media created the whole Portugal are cheaters and divers hype, which the French were smart to join in on. The hype got so big that the whole world believes it, including fifa and the refs. The irony of it all is that france won thanks to Henry's dive in the box.

Bottome line is Holland and England lost fair and square to a team that played better than them. That's it, no more, no less. Holland and England need to get used to Portugal beating them, just like we are used to France beating us.

20. Dutch_Master

Dutch_Master New Member

May 10, 2005
    Holland
    I remember Pauleta falling to the ground twice without having a single player around him.... :rolleyes:

21. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    No offense, but the Dutch were eliminated some time ago. We don't need a discussion about the Dutch in a thread that does not involve Holland. Kindly take your comments elsewhere. Thank you...

22. sportinglisbon1

sportinglisbon1 New Member

Jan 2, 2002
    Mississauga, ON.

Kuyt didn't dive 'a couple of times' against Portugal? Piss off with your holier than thou B.S.

23. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Is Holland still in the tournament...?

No...

So shouldn't you go back to wooden shoe making...

Leave the futebol talk to the teams that are still playing...

24. Dutch_Master

Dutch_Master New Member

May 10, 2005
    Holland
    My thoughts exactly :cool: We are talking about Portugal here.... :)

25. parkben1

parkben1 Member

Feb 18, 2006
    brooklyn
    I never knew the Dutch was an English puppet. I guess the two of you are a little piss for getting whip by the portuguese again and again. Remember not only did we knock you out of the European championship and World Cup, but we eliminated you guys from making the 2002 World Cup. I have no bitterness towards the French though they beat us in 3 semifinals. The french are great football fans and unlike the dutch and english are not hooligans..Good luck to france and I hope they will win another World Cup...