2006 Ruiz News

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Chamo, Jan 4, 2006.

1. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Gulp! If these are decent offers, and certainly Monaco, if so inclined, could easily top MLS best offer, we are in trouble. Monaco is in no danger of being relegated and they regularly compete in the Champion's League. With 20 goals in 20 games, they certainly need some help with scoring. They've got Marco Di Vaio, Emmanuel Adebayor, Olivier Kapo and Chevanton as forwards on the roster. He's not exactly a guaranteed starter right away, but he certainly has a chance to fight for a regular spot, as none are producing very much right now.

Cadiz, OTOH, is near the relegation zone in La Liga, so, IMO, this is no different than the offer from Caglairi.

If the Monaco bid is real and solid, its very troubling for Ruiz' FCD future.

2. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Txgtr. consider the source ! CR's agent sez.....

3. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    I think I used the term "IF" enough times to cover the uncertainty of this information. But I don't think you can discount the information off the bat because it came from the agent. Yes, you should be skeptical, but he's taking the risk of MLS calling up someone they know at Monaco (hey, its possible) and finding out the story is false. I get worried when actual team names are thrown out there, as opposed to the nebulous "several European clubs" that you see all the time. When Cagliari is the only name you can throw out there, I don't care. But when actual competitive, well funded, stable clubs are involved, thats when, even if the offer is similar to MLS, Carlos gets inticed to make a move.

4. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the story about ASM is correct, I suspect we will see Ruiz in the legendary, distinctive ASM shirt next Sunday.

The question is not so much Ruiz's agent, or the rumors all over. Why Ruiz? That is the question.

Is Ruiz the best striker availible in this huge, cruel, devouring world? ASM has the financial muscle to buy whatever player they want, and note that Prince Albert takes a personal interest in the team.

In order to beleive this, you have to first assume that ASM scoured almost every other league in the world, and found no player they wanted. I am not sure I can give this much credit. Not a single player in Holland? Brazil? Argentina? Certainly, no team in those leagues could keep a player that ASM targeted.

Then, in the MLS, they select Ruiz over Twellmanm or Guevara. Does Ruiz have a higher profile than those two players who outscored him? Landon Donovan might not have liked industrial Germany, but Monte Carlo is a horse of a different color.

ASM grabbing Ruiz is not an impossible scenario. I just find it difficult to beleive.

The final question. Does it really matter?

No.

Without or without Ruiz, FCD is just mediocre.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Good night and good luck.
    McCarthy was right.

Scipio Diabolus,
    vox fatum.

Contra.

Confirm Alito. He is a super duper nominee!

5. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    They do have muscle, but I think you are overestimating the extent to which the royal family is willing to spend on players. Just a casual glance of their roster should tell you that. They are hardly world beaters, and they've been beaten out by Lyon 4 years running now, and its looking likely to be a 5th.

This might very well be true, but perhaps they are looking for someone to challenge the starters, but not someone they are willing to pay 10's of millions for?

You honestly think Twellman, who has had ZERO success with the USMNT is regarded higher than Ruiz, someone who leads his national team? And they easily could be looking for a particular type of player, certainly Guevara and Ruiz play two highly contrasting styles of play.

I don't know what to believe anymore.

Of course it does, you silly man.

6. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
  7. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    So with Vieri, Di Vaio, Abadayor and Chevanton, Ruiz would be 5th in line, at least, in regards to forwards. Unless they sell off one of those guys. Hmmm......I'm less worried now....thanks, Chamo.

8. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
  9. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  10. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    A new article that includes Ruiz talks, at Soccer America..

Key quote:
    http://www.socceramerica.com/article.asp?Art_ID=562136839

11. JimmieLivealot

JimmieLivealot New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Between Monaco and Cadiz I'm much more concerned with the 2nd. As shown above the Principality is just too high for Ruiz to aim. They have 4 excellent strikers and could add another name player if it were needed. While Cadiz is fighting relegation, they are far from the same side as Cagliari. Mainly because they draw 20,000 fans per game, more than twice the Italians.

To bolster the side Cadiz has already paid more than 2 million euros for Lucas Lobos from Gimnasia y Esgrima in Argentina. Lobos is largely a withdrawn striker and he is now paired with Nenad Mirosavljevic a powerful Serb who doesn't score enough goals. Ruiz would offer a real alternative there and could keep Cadiz in la Primera.

12. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    One of the forwards at Monaco that I mentioned previously, Adebeyor, is apparantly on his way to Arsenal. So that's one less that he would have to beat out for a spot. Based on the description of this player that I read, he would be Ruiz's big competition for a spot. He's bigger than the rest and good in the air. So, maybe something is in the works........but I'm still skeptical.

13. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Here is the latest from Rojomania.com

http://www.rojomania.com/noticiasFrame.php?pgOtra=1&pg=Noticias&noticia_id=1634577

The part we are interested in.

¿De regreso a Dallas?

El caso del “Pescado” es aun mas especial, pues al cierre de esta redacción aun no se presentaba a las oficinas del club edil en Guatemala, donde tenia pactada una reunión con Gerardo Villa padre, quien examinaría junto al jugador, su posible futuro en el FC Dallas, pues lo del Cagliari de la Serie “A” italiana, al parecer se congelo en el frió invierno.

Back to Dallas?

The case of the "Fish" is even more special because at the time of the closing of this report he had no shown up at the offices of the Club in Guatemala where he had an appointment scheduled with Gerardo Villa Sr, who was going to explore with the player, his possible future with FC Dallas because the Cagliari offer seems to have been frozen by the cold winter.

“El día de mañana (hoy) se sabrá mas sobre el tema Carlos Ruiz, pues no se lograron reunir con mi padre (Gerardo Villa) en casa club el día de hoy (ayer)” comento Gerardo Villa hijo

Today we will know more about the Carlos Ruiz situation because they did not meet with my father yesterday commented Gerardo Villa Jr.

14. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Buenas Noticas para el efe c Dallas

Those are good news !

15. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    So, the offer from Cagliari is gone. Not that I thought he would ever want to go there anyway, but that's good to hear anyway. Go FCD

16. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would not be so certain. The transfer window has come, but it not yet past.

The Vieri signing makes this moot, but I want to respond to TexGator.

1. ASM muscle. The Prince owns the stadium, Stade Louis II, but not the team. The money for palyers comes not from the Royal Family, but from the good millionaires of Monte Carlo. They have paid for big players in the past, and obviously just did so again.

2. Ruiz as a cheap player to push the starters. Possible, but they would not bring in a player just to push the starters. Further, they would be far more likely to look in Holland or Africa, places ASM is familiar with. Failing that, Argentina and Brazil. Any of those leagues could produce a striker they could get for around the same money as Ruiz to push the starters, plus be reasy to start.

3. Other players in the MLS. If I were ASM, I would probably select Twellman over Ruiz, whiole noting TT's dismal record with the national team. He socres goals in the MLS, and that is what ASM would be interested in. Of course, I think they would be far more interested in Landon Donovan, and Bianca might let him go to Monte Carlo. Film festivals and all that. I grant that Guevara and Ruiz are very different players, but take a look at the boys in those sharp shirts. Guevara is the type of player they could use.

4. Do not call me silly. I am never silly; mad, but not silly. I take my madness very seriously.

If the definiiton of insanity it to do the same thing while expecting different results, we are all insane. Year after year, we watch FCD, expecting them to take the next step, whihc they never have, and never will.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

McCarthy was right.

Scipio Diabolus,
    vox fatum.

Contra.

Confirm Alito. He is a super duper nominee!

17. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Twellman over Ruiz? Do you just love to rag on your own team or what? Nevermind, I've been around long enough to know the answer to that question. And you can drop the whole "Hail to the Redskins" pretend love just to piss everyone off and get attention, kinda like your short stint loving DC. :rolleyes: Madness? Nah, more like insanity.

18. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know you are still in high school, Slut, so try to wrap your brain around this. I did not say I would trade Twellman for Ruiz. If Ruiz signs, and we are hopeful with some justification here, New England would have to sweeten that considerably. I do think Twellman would be more attractive to ASM.

I am from Annapolis. Annapolis is in Maryland. Maryland is close to DC. Are you clear on this? Reread this until you are. In the Middle Atlantic Region, sports matter, and your team is your team. This means I am a Redskin fan, along with the Ravens, Orioles, Terps, and the Academy.

I am told that I will soon know where I will be living next year. If my exile is over, than I shall cheer for DCU every game, with the absolute exception of at least two.

Is that so cryptic?

And, by your request, I will not start my peroration with "Hail to the Redskins!" Here is the entire fight song.

Hail to the Redskins!
    Hail victory!
    Braves on the warpath
    fight for all DC!

Run and pass and score!
    We want a whole lot more!
    Light the points soar!
    Fight on 'tll you've won
    Sons of Washington!
    Rah! Rah! Rah!

Hail to the Redskins!
    Hail victory!
    Braves on the Warpath
    fight for all DC!

McCarthy was right.

Scipio Diabolus,
    vox fatum.

Contra.

Confirm Alito. He is a super duper niminee!

19. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Easy killer, I understood you perfectly, my UNT education gives me that much. My point was, why would Twellman, a guy who looks like he can only score on MLS opposition, be more appealing to ASM? Ruiz is a proven goal scorer (not to say Twellman isn't) both in MLS and at the International level. That statement combined with the fact that you have to put HAIL TO THE REDSKINS, in a Dallas forum just made me call you out on trying to get a rise out of everyone at all times. I don't care that you're from the DC area or that you cheer for the 'Skins, I couldn't care less about football or the NFL. I was just still trying to figure you out, the complexities of Peter the FC Dallas fan that is the biggest doomsdayer I've met.

Good morning.
    McCarthy was wrong :p

20. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hitch says that he awaits CR to arrive 01FEB06 in Frisco. He even goes as far as to say that he knows that the offer from FCD is far higher than that from Cagliari, Cadiz and San Luis, not only that, but that the offer is a multi year offer in which he would like to see CR retire in hoops after lifting much hardware.

http://www.rojomania.com/noticiasFrame.php?pgOtra=1&pg=Noticias

21. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    MLS offer still is the best one so far.

http://rojomania.com/noticiasFrame.php?pgOtra=1&pg=Noticias&noticia_id=1653662

Ruiz no regresa "Tenemos varias propuestas, pero todavía no hemos tomado una decisión, lo que si descarto es que Ruiz no regresa a Guatemala y la propuesta que más está pesando hasta el momento es la de la MLS", aseguró Villa.

Ruiz will not return. "We have several offers, but we still have not made a decision. What I can tell you is that Ruiz will not return to Guatemala and MLS's offer has the most weight" asserted Villa.

22. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Cool....I wonder if this ups Buzz's estimate of a Ruiz return in hoops to 90/10?

23. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
  24. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From Al Dia.. Star Telegram's Spanish Daily...

El Club Municipal, que posee la mitad de la carta de Ruiz, se ha inclinado a venderle su porción del pase al FC Dallas, según manifestó un vocero del equipo guatemalteco.

Municipal who posses half of CR's contract has inclined to sell it's half to FCD according to a spokesman for the Guatemalan club.

"El desenlace es que va a regresar a la MLS", dijo Gerardo Villa Jr., hijo del presidente del Municipal. "Las otras ofertas latentes en México y en Europa nunca se concretaron".

In the end is that he (CR) will return to MLS according to Gerardo Villa Jr. son of Municipal's President. The other late offers from Mexico and Europe never materialized.

25. FC Dallas

FC Dallas New Member

Feb 4, 2005
    90/10....now your talking my language....physics.

And now that Ryan has contradicted Peter The Great Contradictor; perhaps Hegel will manifest.

Marx my words........:)