2006 Ruiz News

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Chamo, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    January is here let the speculation begin

http://espanol.sports.yahoo.com/060104/12/1658t.html - First half of article.

Article highlights:

* Ruiz did not accept FC Dallas offer (I assume this was the MLS offer made to extend the contract that expired on 12/31/05)

* Gerardo Villa, a municipal director, claims interest in Ruiz from Cagliari (Italy), an un-named Mexican club, and an unspecified team in France.

* Richard Motzkin, Ruiz's agent in LA, claims nothing has happened so far. Next week we will begin talking with all interested parties.

2. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    http://www.telediario.com.gt/article.php?sid=24986

This article has several quotes by Gerardo Villa of Municipal and claims:

* The MLS contract has expired

* There is a possibility of him going to Europe. Clubs in England, Spain and France are interested thanks to a highlights video they sent to 30 european clubs.

* MLS has made a new offer, but they consider it a fall back option if Europe doesn't materialize.

3. Jonno

Jonno New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I'm afraid I don't really consider any of that information useful in the slightest. I don't know what is even meant by Ruiz not accepting an offer from FCD. As far as I can tell MLS has offered to but the 1/2 of rights to Ruiz from Municipal. They are now seeing if they can get better elsewhere. Any talk of specific clubs from Municipal or Motzkin is utterly useless. Now if another source lets something slip it might be interesting.

4. MightyMouse

MightyMouse BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 19, 2003
    Island paradise east of the mainland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would be sad to lose him but I think he should go to Europe. I think Ruiz has done very well for all involved. Would be cool to see what he could do against arguably better competition... (hehe arguably)

5. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Jonno, I agree with you. However, I thought it would be interesting for everybody to see Municipal's/Motzkin's posturing.

6. Jonno

Jonno New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I know, I'm just not sure that everyone realizes how much of what gets put out there is just posturing. I'm used to it with the Brit tabloids. Take a look at Mighty Mouses response. People see quotes & they think there must be something behind it. Of course every so often there is something to it but not often enough to pay attention to it.

7. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    I find this whole thread misleading and unhelpful and both of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

I will think only of football (and sex every 12 minutes) until the Rose Bowl starts.

8. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Why so infrequently?

I like the Municipal posturing....they have interest based on a highlight reel....that's greatness. Cagliari is headed straight back down to Serie B, so if he's smart he'll avoid them like the plague.

9. jeffenbauer

jeffenbauer Member

Jul 17, 2002
    dallas, tx
    The plague is avoiding Cagliari? Now there's some news.

10. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    We should know his destination pretty quickly....surely by mid-February. Which brings up the following scenario. Ruiz headed to another league, starting for Guatemala in a game versus the USMNT at Pizza Hut Park on Feb 19th. Hmmmm....think he'll hear a few boos? Particularly if we have solid info that shows he turned down the chance to re-sign.

11. gay-sex

gay-sex Red Card

Jan 4, 2006
    Spaceship Earth
    Be a shame to lose Ruiz without seeing him and EJ play a full year at full strength together at the new park. Europe's always going to win out over MLS in competing for players but I hope Ruiz looks at Borghetti's lack of playing time at Bolton and decides he'd rather big a big pescadito in a small pond.

12. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Isn't big pescadito an oxymoron.....and shouldn't it be pondolito for consistency sakes? And nice username!

13. gay-sex

gay-sex Red Card

Jan 4, 2006
    Spaceship Earth
    You're undoubtedly right about the Spanish stuff. Unfortunately I grew up in another country and have no knowledge about these strange languages with their masculine and feminine word forms.

Oh, and by an amazing coincidence of marriage, Gay-Sex is actually just my real surname.

14. scarshins

scarshins Member

Jun 13, 2000
    fcva
    Come on, your real last name is Gay-Sex-Trecker

15. gay-sex

gay-sex Red Card

Jan 4, 2006
    Spaceship Earth
    No, actually, Trecker is my middle name and pseudonym for writing soccer articles. My real first name is D'Brickashaw.

16. Jonno

Jonno New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Nah I wouldn't think so. First of all if he does go then it'll likely be b/c Municipal got more money so how would we ever know if he wanted to leave. Second, it's not like he's going to MLS opposition so why harbor a grudge?

17. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow, 4 posts and a red card. That has to be some kind of record.

18. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    A new article just released by a Guatemalan paper:

[​IMG]
    http://www.telediario.com.gt/article.php?sid=25056

Highlights:

* The mexican club is San Luis Potosi (Mexican 1st Division). They still say Cagliari (Italy) is a possibility.

* Motzkin will give details of these offers next week.

* FC Dallas intends to retain Ruiz by offering a sum never seen in the history of the club.

19. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    100 MILLION DOLLARS!!!!

[​IMG]

20. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering what EJ's pulling down now, that's gotta be some serious scratch.

21. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    The "club" in question might be Municipal, not FCD. It's not quite clear.

22. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And unlike EJ, he may actually be worth it.

23. terp fan

terp fan New Member

Nov 21, 2000
    Sounds like the end of EJ in Dallas if the Ruiz deal comes through, of course he may be gone now if all goes well in the WC. If you are a fan of FCD you like the potential of Eddie Johnson but you love the reality of Carlos Ruiz.

24. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah that's pretty much the way I feel.

If FCD is somehow able to keep Ruiz - there is no way we can keep Ruiz and EJ. And since EJ is wanting to and is more likely able to go somewhere esle for big $$$ - then go he will. We won't be able to keep both I think. Even if we work the capology - I imagine more than few teams will throw a fit (as well as the MLS competetion committee) if we have 2 players on the team earning say $800 K per annum.

Plus - even if Carlos had a bad attitude last season - he was still very productive. The same cannot be said for EJ in the past. Imagine if EJ is not given the transfer he feels he deserves. Carlos will have already been though that.

25. Simon Birch

Simon Birch New Member

Aug 4, 2003
    With McOwen's Monkey
    I will throw this out as purely conjecture.....

Before the trading deadline, Dallas wanted Guevera for EJ....now, Gaven is being shopped around....Gaven for EJ?