2006 Adidas GoalKeepers GLoves !!!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by vitorbaia99, Jan 4, 2006.

1. bafingersave

bafingersave New Member

Feb 10, 2006
    Iowa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My College just changed to NIKE from ADIDAS......I would take these gloves any day over adidas gloves! Fingersave technology just gets in the way and has been getting worse with every new line of adidas gloves!

2. soccerstudly

soccerstudly Member

Dec 17, 2003

WHAT COLLEGE IS THAT?

3. bafingersave

bafingersave New Member

Feb 10, 2006
    Iowa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Upper Iowa University...

4. Keeper24

Keeper24 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Massachusetts, USA
    well u aint busting my bubble cuz i dont even wear fingersaves..i wear vapor 3s

5. tysagk17

tysagk17 New Member

Apr 10, 2004
    Georgia
    Yeah I did that playing a little american football. It still hasn't healed all the way and this was 5 months ago but i also keep damaging it while lifting weights.

6. wfrkpr25

wfrkpr25 New Member

Feb 20, 2006
    Just got the new adidas fingersave alround e5s. Two days after using them 4 of the 'spines' broke in half, 2 in each glove. Sent them back to adidas and they sent me a new pair thinking it was just a bad pair of gloves. After a day of use with the new pair, two more 'spines' broke. I have used adidas fingersaves for the past 3-4 years and never had any problems.

So I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem with the new gloves or whether it a design flaw?

7. Old US Keeper

Old US Keeper New Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Chandler, AZ
    What are you doing when they break? Can you tell when they are snapping, or just later after your game you notice it? :eek: :confused:

8. wfrkpr25

wfrkpr25 New Member

Feb 20, 2006
    After using the ball machine during practice i noticed that one started to crack. Then after we did small sided scrimmages i realized that the other was split in half. Nothing too intense. I dont notice exactly when it happens.

9. Keeper24

Keeper24 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Massachusetts, USA
    well heres a idea....dont use them to catch medicine balls!!!! :eek:

10. Old US Keeper

Old US Keeper New Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Chandler, AZ
    He never said anything about medicine balls, did he? :confused:

Are you punching the balls from the machine? If you have some rockets coming at you, then I can see the spines breaking, although it seems they are breaking prematurely. I say return them for a refund & get a better pair without FP. Try a pair of Sells Durasoft Guards or HO Protek R-Negatives if you really need FP. I have both in stock if interested.

11. wfrkpr25

wfrkpr25 New Member

Feb 20, 2006
    No definetly not medicine balls. Machine wouldnt even be able to throw them. Yeah I am just going to try to return them again.

12. rjbol

rjbol New Member

May 2, 2006
    I have had the same issues with splines breaking. The middle and ring finger ones broke on the two pairs I got. Both broke near the first knuckle. I haven't been able to figure out yet what causes them to break.

I've used fingersaves for about 5 years now and know of many others that use them as well and this is the first time I've heard of any trouble with them breaking during normal usage.

13. BHSkeeper

BHSkeeper New Member

May 6, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Well...I'm glad I read through this. Now I know what gloves NOT to get. The problem? I'm still faced with the question of what gloves should I get. I had actually considered getting some of the new fingersaves (mostly just because I wanted to see if they really worked) but according to you all, I should save my money.

I have found a pair of Adidas gloves (Response Training) that I actually really like but there is one slight downfall... I go through a pair every two weeks or so. The palm rips VERY easily especially when you have to dive to deflect a ball and your gloves slide on the ground. I'm looking for a pair that will actually last me at LEAST half a season. ;)

Any suggestions?

14. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    work on your technique?

15. BHSkeeper

BHSkeeper New Member

May 6, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Sorry, Pangu...the best technique could not help these gloves. They really aren't that good of a pair. The padding is thin and there is almost nothing to hold the padding together once it begins to deteriorate. I would take your suggestion (all of us keepers need to work on our form) but that isn't the problem. I had another pair of gloves that were basically a hand-me-down from my coach and they lasted me about a month and a half of the same form that the others did. Improving my technique would help if I knew that my technique affected the welfare of my gloves.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Preferably a suggestion on what type of gloves are good out there. You can hardly trust ads anymore; I'd really like to hear from keepers that have tried certain gloves and know what works and what doesn't.

16. Keeper24

Keeper24 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Massachusetts, USA
    vapor 3s......or nike taction premier......tactic gloves dont really last to long tho...after 4 games grip is starting to peal off