2005 Season Will Start Early Next Year For Us

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by furryogre, Nov 6, 2004.

1. furryogre

furryogre New Member

Oct 13, 2004
    PA
    With the win last night, the Wizards are participating in next year's CONCACAF Champions League. If the schedule is the same in years past, it will start in the first quarter of '05. Right now, we're close to unbeatable. Unfortunately, there wouldn't be any home games :(
    It will be interesting to see, also, because between now and then are the expansion draft and the SuperDraft so the team could change somewhat. And it's not like we'd be in the form we are now - more like a preseason tournament.
    My biggest question is though, would Kleiny be available? If the tourney started right at the beginning of the year, that would have been about 6 months for him . . .

2. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    The schedule is already posted.
    http://www.concacaf.com/view_article.asp?lang=en&id=2730

Quarterfinal Series
    First leg – 9 March
    Second leg – 16 March

Semifinal Series
    First leg – 6 April
    Second leg – 13 April

Final Series
    First leg – 4 May
    Second leg – 11 May

Next Sunday will be the Wizards 38th competitive match of the year. There's talk of expanding MLS's season next year to 32 games. Throw in CCC and USOC - and remember what happens every August since 2001. Between the schedule overload of August 2001 then the bottoming out in 2002 when everyone got sick at the away game in Santos at the start of a month of Wednesday/Saturday games?

I hope the Expansion Draft and the World Cup/Gold Cup callups leave us with enough bodies!

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well last night, I saw Kleiny doing some light jogging and he was the guy that was laying off the shots as the forwards and mids shot on goal. He looks to at least be on his way to coming back.