2005 Season Ticket Packages for the SAN JOSE Earthquakes on sale NOW!

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by guamster, Nov 9, 2004.

1. littau

littau Member

Jul 28, 1999
    37.3509 N 121.9371 W
    Now would be a good time to get some advice on how to handle the extra season tickets we pledged. I personally pledged two more than I could use myself or easily give to friends. Should I just buy two more in my section pending some way of donating them? That seems like limiting the options on how they might be used. I could use some advice here.

2. billward

billward Member

Oct 22, 2002
    El Cerrito, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm planning to stick with Casbah as I go from one to two seats, but most of the time I'll probably bring a friend or sell the ticket to some random passerby. When my wife comes with, we'll probably upgrade to West Side tickets, as she doesn't like the sight lines in the end zone.

3. Tony in Quakeland

Jan 27, 2003
    Pleasant Hill, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You could contact a youth soccer club or league in your area and discuss donating them.

4. shasta

shasta New Member

Mar 8, 2004
    AEG SVCKS
    AMEN!

I just put down my deposit on 5 season tickets....Damn, did that feel GREAT!!

5. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    tax writeoff..........

6. littau

littau Member

Jul 28, 1999
    37.3509 N 121.9371 W
    It would be better to have an approach where extra tickets could be grouped and made available to youth teams or others with the interest. I think Colin implied that there was some effort in this direction. If that is the case, tickets scattered across the stadium probably wouldn't be the best way to go.

I'm waiting to hear if there will be some coordination or if I'm on my own.

7. tonyh01

tonyh01 Member

Nov 9, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes...please do.

SSV will be sending out these options as soon as possible. However, you can donate them to Kicks for Kids, or the Student of the Game.

Like I said...SSV will be sending out an email on how to handle extra tickets. So, please....buy those extra season tickets.

8. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    Wow, Travis works fast. I just checked my home answering message and he left a voice message for me about my season ticket pledge. He left the message at 11:37 am this morning. ;)

Excuse me while I go make a call...

9. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. doppelganger

doppelganger Member

Jul 6, 2001
    santa cruz, ca
    with season tix:

FREE DVD* celebrating the best goals in club history

11. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    Described in the press release as "a special Earthquakes 10th Season Anniversary DVD."

Good enough for me.

12. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Usually the screeming is done in seats closer to the field (which is one of the reasons I sit high up).

13. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Come on over to section 113 Bill, we can get drunk(er) together. A lot of the players folks get comp tickets to that section so we can yell at them when their sons aren't doing so well;) Plenty of shade in the summer with great sight lines. I too, am very sad that my ticket prices have gone up so much, I might not be able to buy the full package this year. If all the games are at Spartan I might just splurge and go for broke but if any of the games are in SF, forget it.

14. tonyh01

tonyh01 Member

Nov 9, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The release stated that the Quakes will be playing their 2005 season at Spartan Stadium....so splurge my friend....splurge away.

15. Jay Hipps

Jay Hipps Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Northern California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the Quakes web site:

"Season tickets are now on sale for next year's home campaign, which will be played at Spartan Stadium."

Ain't no games in SF, Tom. No worries.

16. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent! :D

Wasn't the potential half-season in SF Tony Amanpour's idea anyway? :confused:

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

17. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Well, I guess I'm buying them. Who wants to buy some pot?(JK) :D

18. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

19. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember on a KNBR radio broadcast sometime between when the ten inaugural MLS teams were given names in October 1995 and when the first MLS game was played in April 1996, either Ralph Barbierri's or Tom Tolbert's prediction (I can't remember which one of them said this, but whichever one said it, I remember the other one wholeheartedly agreeing with him) for MLS was: "I give this new soccer league two, maybe three, years tops!" :(

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

20. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    113 with Beerking is the place to be!!! Not only will you have great company, but there's shade! For someone like me who literally gets sick in the sun, that's the best place. You will get some sun during the early games, but it's not bad. If you go to the next section over, there are seats up higher that may offer more shade. But 113 is worth it for the company. :)

I yell at the ref all the time and generally talk like one of the guys (well, okay, that means I burp a lot). So you'll be free to yell at the ref. Or at the guys. They can hear you too! Well at least they can hear me!

21. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You haven't heard me scream. 20+ rows up. And I know they can hear me on the field.

22. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So this thread has gotten very long, and I don't want to read it all. They're still gonna send out the paperwork to current ticket holders as they always do correct? I don't have to do anything different than wait for the usual paperwork and then make my deposit?

23. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    If you made a pledge with SSV, Travis Watkins should be contacting you shortly. Or if you want to be proactive about it, you can call him. His contact information:

24. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What if I didn't make a pledge? I always get the paperwork in the mail. Travis is awesome. But I have to talk to Maynard if I call. It's like tradition...or something....

25. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would be thinking that the season ticket office would be sending an invoice by mail. By tradition, I wait for that in the mail, fax them all the needed info, and they care of the rest.

I pledged my seat anyway so regardless I was going to renew for 2005 if the team stayed, and with that news as now official it's going through the process once more.

Someone in the East End, front row, and as shown here would like to buy. Better yet, give the whole stash!

:D

That's why you're the people's hero!

:D