2005 Season Ticket Packages for the SAN JOSE Earthquakes on sale NOW!

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by guamster, Nov 9, 2004.

1. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    Why yes, Virginia: there is a Santa Claus.

2. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    It must be stressed over and over again how important it is to honor your pledge and/or get more ppl on board, not only for the future of soccer in the Bay Area, but...

Let's face it: on the field, this off-season is prolly thee most impo. for the history of the franchise. I think everybody (yes, including and especially Galaxy fans) want a strong SJ team on the field.

Prove to the powers that be the importance of investing in a strong product on the field. Last season, due to the coaching change and the momentum from an incredible late season built around a true team effort, the FO decided not to tinker too much w/ the product. An aging and oft-injured back line and the likely departure of Landon makes it all the more necessary to look at rebuilding.

It would be great to see some new signees that could strengthen the team. And i think it would be smart if they can find a player that fits w/ the team and its goals who happens to be from Central America, then great. If he's from Timbuktu, take him.

But we would all hate to see a "lame-duck" Quakes team on the field, as AEG throws $$ at DC, LA and Chicago. [Can't count NJ b/c that's $ just thrown away. ;) ]

3. CARLOS1

CARLOS1 Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is great news - for now. With the impending probable sale / relocation of this great team looming for a second season I don't know if they can stand the stress. Imagine going to work knowing that next year your employer is going to pull the plug ? The majority of these guys have families and what not

4. shasta

shasta New Member

Mar 8, 2004
    AEG SVCKS

I understand your point, but many of us that work in Silicon Valley deal with that same stress day in & day out: Perform or the company will shut down, move, be sold, etc. I've been in every one of those scenarios. It should only push you try even harder, for ultimately you will be judged not only on your actions, but your inactions as well.

Let's take this time right now to celebrate this victory and be extremely grateful that we'll be around to discuss this for another year.

After what we've witnessed over the last few months, I am confidant we will be around for a long time to come!

WE BELIEVE!

5. shasta

shasta New Member

Mar 8, 2004
    AEG SVCKS
    P.S. I pledged 5 season tickets and this is gonna' be the best XMAS present ever!

6. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Welcome to the private sector, where job instability is part of the territory.

Can we actually take the momentum started by SSV and take it in a positive direction, instead of coughing out excuses right away?

7. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only negative in all this: it seems that season ticket prices went up again this year. :(

Don't let that deter any of you from purchasing season tickets, though. :)

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

8. alliu23

alliu23 I'm a Yank til I Die

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh Happy Days! :)

9. CARLOS1

CARLOS1 Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wasn't making excuses. I'm very happy that we've been guaranteed at least 1 more year. But this past year was very stressful for the fans and the team. I don't want us to have to go through that again. Thanks for the words tocayo

10. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So my wife wants to move our season tickets from the Casbah to the west side of the stadium. Any west-siders here who can give me an idea of which sections to consider, if I can't talk her out of moving out of the north end? I prefer sections where it's OK to scream at the ref on occasion. ;)

I know there are bunch of regular posters somewhere on the east side (132?) which would be fun, but she wants seats that will be out of the sun.

11. shasta

shasta New Member

Mar 8, 2004
    AEG SVCKS
    You wanna' scream at the refs?? Come to the East side, Bill, for you will be welcome!!

In all honesty, the sun is only a bother in the beggining of the evening games. It's taken away from my enjoyment of the game. IMO.

12. tonyh01

tonyh01 Member

Nov 9, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand your point, but this is just the start of something great! I've said all along that I will see you all in SAN JOSE in 2005. Now, I'm planning on seeing you all in 2006 and beyond.

This team isn't going anywhere. As stated before...we now have time to do this right. While my fellow SSV Founders and I working it, this team ain't going anywhere.....not on our watch!

13. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I spent the first two seasons in 128 so I know the joys of the east side, and if it were up to me, and if I had to leave the north end, I would go over there... but apparently there's some kind of compromising involved in marraige, which nobody told me about before I got into this thing. The lady wants west side, so I'm doing preliminary research while trying to talk her out of it.

14. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Afternoon games are a bear if it's sunny at all, which it pretty much is during soccer season.

The good news isthat if Landon leaves, now that the Quakes won't be reigning champs, the chances for 1pm games at Spartan are diminished and the resultant loss in attendance will help overall #s.

15. doppelganger

doppelganger Member

Jul 6, 2001
    santa cruz, ca
    I love you guys....

for the umptenth time (& I never tire of writing it)

SSV RULES!

16. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Despite what east-siders will tell you, there's plenty of screaming at the ref from the west-side. :D

And except for those 1pm games, you don't have to deal with the sun and suntan-lotion on the west side, to boot.

-G

17. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tonyh01 again.

-G

18. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :(

-G

19. Tony in Quakeland

Jan 27, 2003
    Pleasant Hill, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in section 110. Even my fice year old screams at the ref. Come join us.

20. Tony in Quakeland

Jan 27, 2003
    Pleasant Hill, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Say Amen!

{In unision} AMEN!

21. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Bill....does your wife ever let you borrow the family pants? ;) Anyway, I've sat on both sides this season and East Side is far & away more emotional and animated......If you stand up and scream at a ref or opposing player on the West Side, you just might be alone and also receive some odd looks.

22. Tony in Quakeland

Jan 27, 2003
    Pleasant Hill, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, I'll have you know that the legendary army seat cushion toss was started on the West side stands!

23. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

:confused: "Compromise" usually indicates that she gives in a little also. Queen Reeves appears to have taken control of the highly regarded "upper hand".:D

24. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm working on a devastating response to this, but I have to run it by my wife first. :(

25. littau

littau Member

Jul 28, 1999
    37.3509 N 121.9371 W

I guess the honeymoon is over. Sad to see you go.

My wife has agreed to move our season tickets to N3 since the kids love it so much. You can have our old seats in 112, but I don't remember much screaming from that section.