2005 Kits

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by UnitedN&F, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  2. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    And this is what the real shirt will look like I guess....

http://dcunited.mlsnet.com/images/2005/01/14/hRTXmkUh.jpg

3. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Your thoughts on it? The general concensus from the Metro faithful is that this is the best looking Metro jersey ever.

4. conrad

conrad Member

Mar 7, 2003
    England
    I like it, a lot nicer than last seasons.

5. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is a good looking jersey. And from Nike even. Go figure.

[​IMG]

6. Eskandarian11

Eskandarian11 New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Glendale, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    All the jerseys do look much better than the previous year which is a good sign, MLS is moving forward.

I do kinda agree with most other posts in that the team name, or even city name is too much on the front of the jersey. I understand the league is new and we need the recognition of the cities and team names and all but it is still hard for me to swallow these huge cartoon logos on professional jerseys.

As our soccer moves forward gradually toward European standards, I think the league needs to do the same with kits, fields, marketing, and whatever else is needed.

It wouldn't be as bad I guess to put a big Budweiser logo in the middle of the Galaxy jersey instead of the Galaxy logo. Just like Europe, ManU=Vodafone, Chelsea=FlyEmirates, Inter Milan=Pirelli.

Im sure this would make Budweiser, Sierra Mist, Honda, MasterCard, and the rest of the gang very happy too, thus MLS can ask for bigger bucks from them.

We should have a vote on this huh guys?? a yes or no, and hopefully some of the MLS guys can take into account the vote of some of the die hard fans of MLS supporting the league through thick and thin.

Im not good with the poll set up, if anyone agrees, please do so and set it up,
    a simple REPLACEMENT OF TEAM NAME AND/OR CITY FROM CHEST OF MLS JERSEYS with PERHAPS THE MAIN SPONSOR LOGO or NOTHING AT ALL.
    Yes <> No <>

7. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

NO

The team logo is cartoony, but a Budweiser logo is the way to go? I don't get it. :confused:

8. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    Agree with youy for the most part profiled. However, if the Galaxy use the same Budweiser font that River Plate uses, fine. Honda, Pepsi seem fine I guess too. But Sierra Mist is "cartoony". Of course, so are some of the sponsors on Euro jerseys.

Sure the big boys look okay with sponsors on the front (Real Madrid, ManU, Bayern Munich, AS Roma), but Hannover 96, Wolverhampton, and whichever team has the TY Beanie Babies logo on the front of their kit, look pretty darn goofy.

I personally don't care that MLS clubs have team names on the front, we don't have to follow what other leagues do on such trivial issues. As long as the soccer is good and fan support is strong, MLS is doing the right thing. There's more of a chance for sponsors on the front of shirts and maybe even multiple sponsors when the league has an i/o for every team and MLS moves away from single entity status. Until then, probably won't see it.

9. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I support this so long as it is done in a propper way. Putting the red backed Bud logo or the Honda logo on the front of the jersey would look like crap. However, if MLS took a hint from England and put the single color only logo on the front, I think it would be fine. Maybe sponsors would pay more for the front spot. I'm sure a lot of college kids would like a Metro jersey with Budwiser stitched across the front too.

10. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    The MLS WON'T BE RESPRECTED AROUND THE WORLD UNTIL ADVERTISING LOGOS ARE PLASTARED ACCROSS THE KIT FRONTS!!!!!

dO IT NOW!!!!

11. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    This is all I have to say:

If Honda wanted to pay MLS enough money beyond what they already do they could have their name on the front of Chicago' shirts. They don't, and I'm not in favor of changing its placement just because.

Don't make be break out the Moses picture.

12. Foots

Foots Member

Jan 7, 2002
    Ellicott City, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    or box style goals!!!!!

13. Eskandarian11

Eskandarian11 New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Glendale, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    Yaaa, Good mentioning Foots of the European Goal Posts with flush nets in the back and no bars for balls scored to richochet back out like hockey.

LA Galaxy have these now at the Home Depot Center and they really make a difference.

No matter where you sit in the stadium (even nose bleed sections) you can see a goal is scored as the net stretches and the ball actually stays in, instead of deflecting off the inner back post and out.

14. evanpemsocr

evanpemsocr New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Rocky Mount, Va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Several teams have these, all the sss have them and im sure all the ones coming will have them too, I love watching a goal being scored in those nets.

15. evanpemsocr

evanpemsocr New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Rocky Mount, Va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As for the team names on the front, i dont like it, how dumb do the san jose jerseys look with a crest and a huge team name in the middle. You dont need two team names on one jersey, and im sure sponsers would like to see their logo on the front rather than the back and sleeves. so i say YES.

16. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    YES
    Absolutely, SJ's unis would look much better if they just lost the name emblazoned across the chest and kept the crest.

I'd rather not add the sponsor name. Take a look at the retro jerseys at toffs-- before Europe added the sponsor names. Those were beautiful jerseys. Especially, the Newcastle jerseys.

17. italchacao

italchacao New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Austin TX
    I'm against team names and sponsorship on uniforms, I hate them both. Just the logo is fine

18. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I wonder what the difference in shirt sponsor price is between the clubs?

19. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
  20. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    When will we be able to buy the new Metros jersey?

21. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NO
    SJ's unis look much better as they are now.

-G

22. Liv'poolFaninAZ

Liv'poolFaninAZ New Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Glendale, Arizona
    NEVER HA HA H AH AAAAAAAA!!!!!! Just go to the Metros store on their website and YOU could be the proud owner of the 2002 jersey!!!!!!! H A HA H AAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!! :D

23. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    What's so funny? The 2002 Metrostars shirts were some of the best we've ever had....

24. Scrambles

Scrambles New Member

May 21, 2004
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club: