2005 Kits

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by UnitedN&F, Dec 6, 2004.

1. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    2005 DC away

[​IMG]

2. Czar Pazzo

Czar Pazzo Member

Jul 25, 2003
    The Darjeeling Ltd
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    uhm.. isn't it missing a star?

3. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    The first batch was made before MLS Cup 2004. I assume the next generation of shirts will have that (ugh) 4th star.

4. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    other teams should do like D.C and just have the badge, the Galxy has a big logo then and almost exact smaller one..just stupid. Chicago's are alright though and i love the F*C* Dallas scarf.

5. billward

billward Member

Oct 22, 2002
    El Cerrito, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In 2004 I remember noticing at one of the away games, some of the Earthquakes players had only one star while others had two. It's probably the same kind of thing.

6. dice50

dice50 New Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Norman, Oklahoma
    Does anyone else find that very Unprofessional?

7. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Breaking Revolution kit news !!!!!!!!!

Die Revs Hemden 2005 werden jetzt durch das Land des dunklen Bieres und einiger Weltschalen gebildet!

8. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Anyone else here can't get used to "kits" after being raised on north american founded sports? I don't care if MLS ever gets a single table, pro/rel, etc. I think I'll always call them "uniforms".

9. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Believe me, Revolution supporters have no problems with dark beer ;-).

The long and skinny: Adidas has bought out the remainder of Reebok's 2-year contract with the Revolution, which was scheduled to run through next season. I.e., Adidas will be outfitting the Revolution in 2005, much to the satisfaction of Revolution supporters.

10. Capt. Socceroo

May 7, 2001
    Adelaide, Australia
    Club:
    Adelaide United
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Does this mean that Revs fans wil actually be able to purchase the replica kit? I hear that you've being having problems in that regard. I hope this isn't due to your relationship with Reebok, as the entire A-League here in Australia has just signed a deal to outfit all 8 clubs with Reebok kits.

11. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Reebok USA has its hands full with the NFL and NBA. Doubt they really gave a toss about the Revs.

12. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Revolution supporters have been unable to purchase replica kits, at all, or with any measure of consistency going on four years now. The problems started with Atletica, then Umbro, and most recently Reebok. Funny thing is, the best we ever had it was with Reebok in the first few years of the League. You could find any and all variety of Reebok replica merchandise back then, not only in the club shop, but in mainstream stores as well.

As for last year, I think Reebok was able to deliver some 50 replica jerseys to the club shop, round-about early September if I recall (almost 6 months after the season had started), and that was the only shipment anyone received.

Quite frankly, good riddance to them.

The Magpie

13. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did not know that. Can we love adidas more? Buying out a contract early? That is amazing.

And when I type "kit", its because its shorter than typing uniform - not because I like to sound cockney. I imagine others do that too.

14. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    So the revised list for 2005 is this:

Nike: Metrostars, Galaxy
    Puma: Fire
    Adidas: Revs, United, Crew, Burn, Wizards, Rapids, ReAL, Chivas, Earthquakes

15. Scrambles

Scrambles New Member

May 21, 2004
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Puma's the one kit supplier I'll really miss when /// takes over. The Chicago flag alternate jersey is great.

Also, I've always thought Henry Ring's green/yellow GK jersey would have made a great Jamaican national team uni.

16. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    MLS will definately miss PUMA. But Adidas has been a faithfull supplier as well.

17. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Wouldn't mind if Adidas comes up with something for New England like this, a mock-up baed on their current Mundial uniform line:

[​IMG]

The Magpie

18. cpwilson80

cpwilson80 Member+

Mar 20, 2001
    Boston
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The sweetest looking mock-up yet...seriously, adidas might steal that for their next catalog ;)

19. mouseboy33

mouseboy33 New Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Been said and I'll say it again. All the new kits would look 100% better if they axed the team name across the centre. Always hated that. Leave that to the indoor soccer and lacrosse teams.

20. conrad

conrad Member

Mar 7, 2003
    England
    [​IMG]

new day, new mock up. a kinda mix of the 2001/2 style and a bit of the 3/4 in there as well. Wont happen, but i think it looks okay. :)

21. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    or baseball. or basketball.

To be fair, though, I always liked how Chicago does it.

22. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh Dear Lord, no! :eek:

Besides, you forgot to put two stars above the logo crest. ;)

[SIGH OF RELIEF]Whew![/SIGH OF RELIEF]

-G

23. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    what is so "wrong" with his mockup?

24. conrad

conrad Member

Mar 7, 2003
    England
    Interesting to see what the real deal will look like;

hey its a mock-up you get the idea ;)