2005 FIFA Confederations Cup Draw

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by La China Poblana, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Lack of faith ? certainly not on the national team but yes on the Coach.. The days of the ratoncitos verdes are long gone.. What we have now is Overhyping the national team and creating unreal expectations.. Expecting a walk in the park in our Confeds Cup group is one of them. Advancing to the second round is not, as long as we play to our full potential.

2. churchill2000

churchill2000 3x MLS Cup Champions

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

Didn't Lavolpe announce that in 05' he would leave Mexico?

Don't count out the Japanese, the Greeks could still prove formadible, if they come in with confidence, and not arrogance.

The team I am looking at is Australia, I think they maybe a surprise team.

3. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Notice the smiley, jerk.

A joke should never be explained.

But okay, Lavolpista. You win again.

I'm glad to see you around, tecolotito.

4. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Whenever we begin to "play better" whether it be actual play or results, the hype mobile does come out in full force. But then we crash back down to Earth and the uneasy feeling lingers. Remember that the fans always have to "come back" to support the team at Azteca because of failures. We've crashed twice now under the coach, yet we mask it. So the seemingly reverse-cangrejismo by those of us that hate Lavolpe is awkward in that our expectations are low again.

We certainly aren't hyped going into '05 like we were for Peru and Athens.

There are 2 examples from which to pull material.

Playing to our full potential is right.

But it will not happen under this coach. The sooner we all collectively realize this, the better.

Tecos, tiempo de pasar la lista.

5. Makaveli 13

Makaveli 13 New Member

Jul 23, 2004
    > Ten confiansa muchachos !! Im sure LaVolpe has a plan :D <

[​IMG]

6. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    give it up you dikwad.

just because we dont agree with the coach or fed doesnt mean we are not fans.

if a fan yells at his team, does that stop making him a fan?

if a patriot protest against his government, does that stop making him a patriot?

if a worker goes on strike, does that mean he is not a good and loyal worker?

i am willing to bet that you are one of those guys that says shyt like, "love it or leave it"

I want to go to Germany 2006, but dont care to go if La Volpe is the coach. You can say whatever you want about that, but my presence there will not make the smallest difference if Mexico wins or loses. The fed and the coach will do what they please with or without my consent

7. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    While I realized that Hugo was joking...I still have to say what a dumb cwnt RDL is...the point I was making was NOT that if you dont like or agree with a coach then you are not a real fan. It was the opposite in fact...the point was that even if you dont like the coach you should still support the team and not skip a chance to see them play just because a certain coach is there. Something you would do...like I said not a real fan

8. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    While I realized that Hugo was joking...I still have to say what a dumb cwnt RDL is...

LOL if anybody around here is a dumb ********, its you you vaginal bloodfart.

but if you want to go :D... the other thread is still open. i am still waiting, or are you waiting for someone else to do your fighting.... or are you waiting for me to be busy again so you can talk shyt about me and when i come back, you run???

the point I was making was NOT that if you dont like or agree with a coach then you are not a real fan. It was the opposite in fact...

ZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

the point was that even if you dont like the coach you should still support the team and not skip a chance to see them play just because a certain coach is there. Something you would do...like I said not a real fan

I am willing to bet I have spent more money on plane tickets, hotels, jerseys, memoribilia, etc than you.. so dont even bring this shyt about not being a real fan. I doubt you go on road trips to visit and take pictures of the FMF stadiums and shyt.

How much do you spend on Tecos? Do you ecen make it a point to go to a bar to catch Tecos since you only have Univision? And tecos plays on Azteca America? What about Mexico? I have watch all of Mexico games and even have been to some here in the states. I drove to Dallas to watch them. What about you?

Who is the real fan

9. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Gotta hand it to you... you are the hugo sanchez of rants...man you can sure go off on a tangent. Nothin bores me more than one of RDL's point-counter point, 3 page long posts...
    I dont care how much you have spent on trips or whatever...just because a guy can afford to follow mexico around the world to all their games doesnt make him a better fan than than your normal guy from tepito or any other inner city neighborhood in the republica that has to watch all the games on tv. The only difference is that people like you...the plastic fans...would turn down a chance to see the team play just because everytime they see the lavolpe on the sidelines they have a pissyfit. While the real fans root through them thru thick and thin and hope for the best regardless of who is coach is

10. El Sabio

El Sabio New Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Madison, WI
    Quick question for the guys who've been here a long time,

(before Lavolpe took charge)

Has this board ever been more divided?

[This question posed in this thread is purely for entertainment/informational purposes and any real-life events which coincide with these events are purely coincidencial and unintentional. ;) ]

ahem ahem

11. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    dont act as if you dont go off topic you hipocrit.

You talk as if i bore you, then why follow me around? Why participate in the other thread when you see other people trying to justify lavolpe's stance?

plastic fan.. hhahahahaahah

this coming from a guy that misses many games?

i use to schedule around footy games. i use to tell the professor that i had to be at x place on x date so i can catch america in the libertadores during the day...(i specifically remember convincing my prof to extend one of my exams because america was playing cienciano during the day)

what have you done to make sure you can watch your team on a regular basis?

will i watch Mexico in 2006... yes, on tv

will i root for them... yes i will, just like i rooted when Meza was there

12. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    cangrejo :D

13. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    Didn't RDL post something about going to South America to watch el Tri?

14. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hmm..

I don't exactly see any of this plastic fan nonsense in my good buddy rdl.

We support our team, we try to catch all their games.

Speaking for myself, I do. And if his "long, boring rants", which you follow dearly, are any indication, rdl probably watches all Mexico matches as well.

But flying to Germany is an experience of a lifetime.

Unless Lavolpe is in charge. Although said half-heartedly, there is a slight bit of truth in the feeling of disaster that is to come.

It'd be too traumatic.

Heart-attack level.

I just don't know if I could put myself through that.

Buttloads of spent cash - check.
    Hefeweizen hangovers - check.
    Miles away from Tacos Mexico/Carnitas Michoacan - check.
    Collapsing because Lavolpe subs in Paco Palencia..

Uhhhh, I think I'll pass.

15. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I take offence to that.

Hugo Sanchez does not rant.

He speaks quite eloquently, if I may say so myself.

The macho bit is a little weird but, it's ok! It's God.

Seriously, have you ever heard him rant? Do you even listen to what he says? Do you even know his history? Captain Link-a-lot, err I mean, rdl has provided ample material for you to get all your Hugo-learn on before you ascend into BoconWorld.

And for future reference, please refrain from ever comparing rdl, myself or anyone else on this board to El Rey Hugol.

I'll eat your children.

16. eurojack

eurojack Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Why is Mexico in the Confederations Cup anyway? I thought that the United States won the last CONCACAF Gold Cup. I may be incorrect in that assumption.

BTW - No disrespect meant to the Mexican team. They are always very strong and I'm quite sure they will do well in the tournament.

17. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    You are indeed incorrect in that assumption. Mexico won the Gold Cup last year.

You should have seen it Eurojack......... most of us Mexicans knew what we had accomplished, but to our lucky tie wearing coach, he asssumed that we had won the Worldo Cup!

A few years backby the way, he had completely discredited the the Gold Cup.

Anyways...... have a nice day.

18. El Sabio

El Sabio New Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Madison, WI

nah, we won bro

19. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mexico won the Gold Cup to play in Japan/Korea '01.
    USA won the Gold Cup to play in France '03.
    Mexico won the Gold Cup to play in Germany '05.

20. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    i plan to go to Mendoza sometime next year, actually godoy cruz. an argie buddy of mine is from there so he would follow the players that either were born in the region or played in his hometown... if i recall, he said that riverola (atlas player) was from his neck of the woods and they were on youth teams...also, ariel gonzalez and pablo hernan gomez were from his neck of the woods.....

i dont know the exacts of where each of those players were born...

i have a place to stay and a car to move around :D also he said that Chile isnt far away so... that would be nice

well, one of my buddies just got a job with BASF, and he will move to Germany in Feb 05. In Tampico, i met this Ecuadorian and Peruvian and i have a place to stay if i choose. My next door neignbors in Tampico live in london at the moment so i have a place to stay there. I have 3 places to stay in Argentina. Spain and Portugal is no problem. In fact, my uncle has a house near Cadiz. China is no problem either... russia is no problem. my folks and i made some good friends, especially in beijing and tianjin. El Salvador and Guatemala is no problem. I have a place to stay there with one of my frat brothers. my older bro who spent 9 months in china made a lot of friends from sweden, norway, scotland, finland, england, wales, czech, turkey. i have 2 frat bros that are greek and have been invited numerous times to go visit. (greece is a country that draws my attention. i have met a lot of them and the majority of them tell me that Mexico reminds them so much of Greece) I would really like to spend some time in the villages. according to my frat bro, greece also has those capital-province "wars" that we have in Mexico with the chilango and provincia

21. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Who

22. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Don't know if this means anything but the confed draw is very similar to the olympics draw... except instead of an african team its brasil.
    Mexico------Mexico
    Greece------Greece
    Korea-------Japan
    Mali---------Brasil

Hopefully Lavolpe has learned some and will field a good team

23. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    [​IMG]

24. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    No!

I think all the bickering is a result of our forum experiencing growing pains with the recent addition of all the new members whom I am glad to have.

I think it will take a good showing by Mexico at the World Cup before things settle down around here some.

25. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    F u ( |<..

If there's one thing I do agree with you on..