2004 K-League title playoffs [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Holyjoe, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    When I first read this, I thought, "Huh? Did I read that correctly? Kim Byungji, the keeper, took the final shot?" What is he, a second coming of Jorge Campos?

2. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia

eh, my Chinese skill isn't enough to read Chinese papers, greenlion. I just used to know some characters, and learned Chinese for a year when I was in the highschool, and then recently learned some more when I learned Japanese for a couple of years.

And if you mean Hauzen from Samsung Hauzen cup... Hauzen is a brand name Samsung Electronics use for their products - I don't know the origin of the name, and I'm pretty certain that it's not derived from the Korean language.

3. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    Nice of Seo Jung-won and Choi Sung-yong to collect some more trophies :)

Thanks for the link. The YTN worked well.

4. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    o,thanks for your explaination i really don't know that they offer Chinese language lessons in korea highschool,I thought that could be something happened about 100 years ago :)

any way,Cha Bum-keun is a good player. pround of asia,and a good coach too,hope he could back to China someday,I wonder when we will have such a Legend.

5. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA

Greenlion,

Many Koreans learn how to read Chinese characters as Koreans use them still in some places. For example, everyone should be able to write their name in Chinese characters.

6. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    Except in North Korea. They don't teach Chinese characters there.

7. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I see, Now I understand why the words "高麗人參" was wrote on seongnam's jersey in A3 cup this season, Chinese characters is really a wonderful invention of our ancestor :D ,that helps us alot in understands each other.

8. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    uh, I've learned Chinese in an Australian highschool, however, heh. Although it's being phased out, those Chinese characters are still used in some places.

And I guess one of Seongnam's sponsors is the supplier of those 'in-sam's (or ginseng, as it's seemed to be better known these days).

9. cosmicbutthairs

Sep 9, 2004
    LOL
    Lee Min Sung hit the post twice!!
    The saga continues............................

Great save by Lee Woon Jae. He's truly a legend.

10. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oooops :D

11. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Thanks to Kim Byeong-ji, I now have a horrible flu that I can't get rid of after drinking the night away near Aju University :)