2004 Futsal World Cup Thread

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Mani, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Taiwan will hold the world event from Nov 21 to Dec 5.
    Based on FIFA futsal world ranking, the favorites to win the title are: Argentina[5], Brazil[2], Czech Republic[6], Italy[1], Spain[3] and Iran[9].

Group A
    Chinese Taipei
    Egypt
    Spain
    Ukraine

Group B
    Australia
    Brazil
    Czech Republic
    Thailand

Group C
    Italy
    Japan
    Paraguay
    USA

Group D
    Argentina
    Cuba
    Iran
    Portugal

For more info go here: http://www.fifa.com/en/comp/index/0,2442,Futsal2004,00.html?comp=Futsal&year=2004

2. LakesidePark

LakesidePark New Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Japan is going to play Argentina on Nov. 13 and 14, but I'm afraid that they'll get spanked...

Futsal is now hugely popular at the grassroots level in Japan.

3. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Yeah, apparently its how many of todays soccer greats strated out as actually, Ronaldo just being one of them.

4. the fifa futsal association isnt the biggest a 32 team world cup is done by the official standalone futsal association and colombia has won it several times they hold thel icenses of the futsal teams across south america and europe

5. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Out of curiosity then why dont they join? and why are there two associations in the first place?
    I for one would assume the Fifa one to be more prestigious just due to my soccer bias ofcourse.

6. well i beleive it has something to do with the beauracracy of fifa

the thing is fifa calls futsal in spanish futbol de salon while the other calls it micro

or maybe its the other way around

micro is the slang for futsal on south american streets the better and more talented if poorer players play in those leagues and competitions

7. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

Err I had already made a thread in Fifa tournements forum
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136133
    here is another
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135551&highlight=futsal

what the hell are you talking about, fifa's futsal world cup is the most important futsal tournement and after that it's the KL5 and colombia has never won either. Tell me were iran, brazil and others in this tournement you claim colombia has won? I doubt it.

Mani that ranking is pretty stupid as iran has beaten all those teams that are ahead of them in that ranking. Just a couple of weeks ago there was a tournement in which Iran won and Brazil finished 2nd. Futsalplanet.com probably the biggest and most famous futsal site on the web named Iran as the favorites to win it all! FIfa.com had an artcile on how Iran can very well win it this time around last month. Iran has also got the most votes to win it all but thats probably because of the busy iranian futsal fans on the web :p

8. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    One question....who the hell cares bout futsal?

9. Fifa cant control the futsal world there orginization of futsal events is minimal you dont know crap in the real futsal world cup organized by the fefa only 3 asian teams have ever qaulified

the qaulification depends on the best teams there are 32 spots for the premilinarie straight knockout rounds that are dealt out via ratings then it goes down to 16 via groups then straigth knockout colombia lost to ecaudor last year in the final after beating venezuela in the semfinals

you dont know crap about futsal

10. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    WHAT?!?! besides the who beat who... I didnt get it...
    Why isnt Brazil anywhere? Who exactly plays in your league? Cause all the main countries play in the fifa one.

11. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

Fixed.

Why don't you provide us with some links, I mean if this futsal tournement no one has ever heard of is so huge there must be some sites on it no?

12. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    no.

13. it doesnt have a website you can sometimes find articles on sites about it brazil plays there but hasnt won the worldcup yet you need to understand in such a game goalscoring is very hight and brazilians dont produce very good defenses they usaully lose because of this they got to a final back in 1999 but they lost to holland

the world cup is played every year and based on teams from clubs unlikes fifa which is usaully composed of normal players gone futsal

14. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Thats not the case with EVERY team. Dont generalize just because you dont know.

15. i am not generalizing those who arent proffesional players gone futsal are rich players in the considered lesser WWFL while most talented players play in the ffft

16. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Thats your opinion.

17. ACkenji

ACkenji Member

Jan 13, 2002
    03/11
    Japan 1:2 Argentina

14/11
    Japan 3:1 Argentina

Surprise!!

18. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  19. ACkenji

ACkenji Member

Jan 13, 2002
  20. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Well, Iran has a better head-to-head record against Spain.
    I take it you don't like the poll result, do you?

21. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    spain and italy, lol
    who?

22. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Latest Iran NT picture.

[​IMG]

23. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Formidable challenge for the taskmasters

FIFA - The FIFA Futsal World Championship 2004 will be taking place in Chinese Taipei from 21 November to 5 December. Who will emerge victorious: holders Spain, three-time world champions Brazil or an outsider such as Iran, Ukraine, Argentina or Italy?

The opening match in Chinese Taipei's first-ever national futsal championship in September 2003 attracted fewer than 100 spectators. In contrast, competitive matches in Brazil and Spain are played to full houses and shown live on television.

The discrepancies in futsal remain huge: here the amateurs, there the professionals. Here a fun and popular pastime, there a business generating millions from broadcasting and sponsorship deals.

Brazil, who have claimed the world title three times, and Spain, the reigning champions, are dominant in a sport that is steadily gaining in popularity. A total of 46 teams took part in the qualifying competition for the 1996 Futsal World Championship in Spain, but twice as many teams fought out the 16 places for this year's tournament in Chinese Taipei.

Nations such as Argentina, Paraguay, Italy, Portugal, Ukraine and Iran have made significant progress in the past few years and are now at the stage where they can make life difficult for masters Brazil and Spain. A warm-up tournament staged recently in Iran was won by the hosts in the face of competition from Brazil and Ukraine.