2004/2005 Udinese Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Clubs' started by SoccerFan8270, Oct 30, 2004.

1. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    2004/2005 Udinese Thread

2. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    Re: 2004/2005 Udinese Thread

FINAL:
    Bologna: 0
    Udinese: 1

Fava 55'

3. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    7/11/04

At halftime Lecce and Udinese are tied 1-1...

4. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    7/11/04

FINAL:
    Lecce: 3
    Udinese: 4

5. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    Fantastic result....

Udinese are improving.After stupid losses(like 1x0 against Brescia),I think we'll get another UEFA Cup spot this year...

Next match against Roma...difficult match,but 1 point would be nice.

6. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    FINAL:
    Roma: 0
    Udinese: 3

A good win by Udinese...

7. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    Fantastic,Fantastic.I would say a draw could be a nice result,but a 3x0 away againt Roma...that's fantastic.I thnik this year we'll fight for a UCL spot with Inter and one more sqaud.

8. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    It's too bad Udinese did not make it into the group stages of the UEFA Cup. I believe they would be doing better there than Lazio or Parma. On the other hand, the lack of European distraction is probably helping their league form.

9. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    FINAL:
    Udinese: 1
    Messina: 1

10. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    Spalleti said Udinese will play Coppa Italia seriously...

Normally the big 4(or 5) plays with "B" teams until Final.I think if Udinese put their best,we've real conditions to win Coppa Italia this year.

11. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    It'd be nice to see a team that cares about it win it for a change. Good luck to Udinese.

12. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    yes udinese-lecce may be the most entertaining coppa matchup of this round...

I continue to be impressed with Spalleti, love to see him steer the club into even a CL spot next season...

13. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Udinese wins the first leg in amazing fashion, 5-4. They trailed 3-0 before coming back to equalize, then came back again from 4-3.

In an amazing finale, Udinese's keeper got red-carded in injury time for bringing down Bojinov in the box, which also resulted in a penalty kick. As they had used all their subs, Di Michele had to go into goal. Incredibly, he saved Vucinic's spot kick to preserve the win. Now Lecce has to win by 2 goals in Udine in January, which seems unlikely. Of course, these 2 teams seem to generate unlikely results. :)

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/nov20g.html

14. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    Maybe this year Udinese will really win something?I may be confident,but...this season we're seeing strange things(not only in Italy,I suppose).

Ok,next match is Livorno x Udinese.Again,IMO 1 point is ok.I think something like 1x1 or 2x1...

15. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    And the last two results...

Livorno 1 x 2 Udinese

Udinese 1 x 0 Siena

Quite impressive,as udinese.it was saying,8 ggood results in a row.I'm really surprised,and without doubt Udinese will be back to Europe next year.But at this rate,I'm thinking about CL,not UEFA Cup.

Next match,a "derby" - Atalanta x Udinese.A good chance for Udinese to get 3 points and try to reach Milan and Juventus.

16. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Udinese's lineup vs Atalanta:-

De Sanctis; Bertotto, Sensini, Felipe; Alberto, Pizarro, Muntari, Jankolovski; Di Michele, Iaquinta, Di Natale

17. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Udinese rides Iaquinta's 8th-minute goal to a 1-0 victory and solidifies their 3rd-place position:-

[​IMG]

18. petersoccer

petersoccer Red Card

Dec 2, 2004
    Mississauga,Ontario
    Another positive result. Forza Udine. I wonder if they will make any moves or just run with this group?

19. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    I think the will stay with this group,since they have players and subs for all positions without lost.

Champions..sogno possibile? :)

20. Fuegofan

Fuegofan Member+

Feb 17, 2001
    Chicago
    I got to watch parts of the second half of the Atalanta match. It was the first Italian soccer I've seen in years. Was it typical of the style and speed of play of these teams and of Serie A?

21. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    udienese in third place who would of thought?

22. obernunes

obernunes New Member

Feb 16, 2004
    California
    Great to see a smaller club doing so well. Udinese caught my eye last year, qualifying for UEFA, but this year the team seems to have jelled. There are some quality players here - Pizarro, Iaquinta & Jankulovski to name a few. I hope they stay. Maybe they'll make Udinese a “big club”.

23. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    I didn't see the game. How was the style and speed of play? Atalanta is the worst team in Serie A at the moment (without a win), so I can't imagine it was a brilliant game. Unlike Lazio vs Lecce, which WAS a brilliant game.

24. Fuegofan

Fuegofan Member+

Feb 17, 2001
    Chicago
    Since you asked, I'll tell, but I was hoping to get an unbiased reaction before I gave my opinion. Since no one has, I'll open myself to invective. Frankly I thought it was as bad as watching the Dallas Burn versus the Colorado Rapids on a 100 degree afternoon. The play was incredibly slow and unispired on both sides of the ball. Andres Cantor (the announcer) was having a hard time staying awake. Neither team could string more than 3 passes together. Most players were standing around waiting for the ball. The ball would be passed to them. A defender would jog at them. The player with the ball would look around the field and attempt a pass, generally an inaccurate one. I was pretty surprised that this was coming from Italy. The fans, on the other hand, were fabulous. Lots of noise. Irregular singing. The crowd was doing their best, but the field play was completely uninspired.

25. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    First off your intial post admitted you only saw "parts of the second half"...hard to judge an entire match based on that. Secondly as Sue mentioned Atalanta is the worst team in serie A, playing after just hiring a new coach (with a new system) days before....and finally Udinese had their road goal early and we're likely defending it for three valuable away pts...