2004/2005 Siena Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Clubs' started by SoccerFan8270, Oct 30, 2004.

1. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    2004/2005 Siena Thread

2. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    27/10/04

FINAL:
    Brescia: 0
    Siena: 1

Pecchia 18'

3. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    siena drew 1-1 with bologna this past weekend...if you havent checked out the highlights, take a look at Chiesa's goal...real nice curling shot tucked under the crossbar...and for a good laugh check out siena's kits...

4. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    It really was a beautiful goal. I was saying to my husband that, no matter how old you are, if you can do stuff like that at some point in your career, you can always do it. The part that gets harder is finding the space to get the shot off.

As for Siena's unis, I don't think they'd look nearly so clownish if they just had solid-colored (black OR white, not BOTH!!) shorts to go with that jersey. Somebody didn't quite visualize the whole thing together.

5. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Chiesa's goal was a gem. As far as the kits, I agree with Sue that if not for the shorts, they wouldnt look half bad. I only realized after watching the highlights of Siena-Bologna that the shorts were split too...

Bologna's away kit of all-red was interesting as well. Never seen them in those colors.

6. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    7/11/04

At halftime Lazio and Siena are tied 0-0...

7. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    7/11/04

FINAL:
    Lazio: 1

8. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    11/10/04

FINAL:
    Lecce: 1

9. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    FINAL:
    AC Milan: 2

10. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    FINAL:
    Roma: 1
    Siena: 2

11. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
  12. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Double dose of good news today for struggling Siena - they have finalized a co-ownership deal which will allow Genoa creative midfielder Francesco Cozza (formerly of Reggina) to join them for the rest of the season. This is the third player they have picked up on loan so far, following Massimo Maccarone from Parma and Giovanni Pasquale from Inter.

Also, Roberto D'Aversa has had his gambling suspension reduced and will be available for this weekend's Palermo game in.

13. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
  14. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I really liked the additions siena made in january, especially Tudor.

they are now unbeaten in five with wins over lazio, milan and now roma today! Looks like they are on the road to staying up to coincide with their new stadium for next season...

15. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Improbable is the best word I can think of to describe Siena's last two victories. I guess I was right saying they'd made some good pickups in mid-season. It just took a little while for things to start turning their way. If they survive, as they seem likely to do at this point, it'll be a real feather in the cap of Gigi Di Canio. Surely, he'll latch onto a big club someday.

EDIT: Okay, looking back, I guess I didn't really call their pickups "good" at the time, but I did think enough of them to post the news. ;)

16. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Valiant effort by Siena, but they lost to Udinese 3-2 today...