2004/2005 Palermo Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Palermo' started by SoccerFan8270, Sep 18, 2004.

1. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's better if Palermo go in the UEFA Cup. I think they'd be more succesful in the UEFA Cup then in the CL.

2. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    We don't really have a choice now. :( :(

3. AmericanRosanero

AmericanRosanero New Member

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    No, I'm now content to the fact that will can play for the UEFA Cup before we go into the CL. It's become clear we don't have a team to challenege for the Scudetto/europe just yet. But if we can get Di Michelle/Miccoli/Pizarro etc, and infuse this team with just a few new elements, next year is going to be even more awesome.

4. SICILIANSOCCERFAN

SICILIANSOCCERFAN New Member

Dec 6, 2004
    Toronto
  5. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  6. AmericanRosanero

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    OK, good, so it's not the club. And you know what, he's right. things just have been NOT been right since that game with Samp. Interesting who they bring in.... Claudio, mayhap?

7. SICILIANSOCCERFAN

Dec 6, 2004
    Toronto
    http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may11d.html

Have a read..mostly article about Gila, but mentions that Ancelotti has a liking for luca toni and may try to obtain him....Palermo playing in U.C with no Toni????....they would have to offer a truck load of cash....How much would you sell Toni for???....Milan thinks Gila isnt worth 35 mill, how much do they think Toni's worth.

8. GianPaolo

GianPaolo New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    We are down 1-0 to Reggina at half time.

9. AmericanRosanero

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    Barone may have just sent us on! Equalizer in the '94!!!!

10. SICILIANSOCCERFAN

Dec 6, 2004
    Toronto
    That goal could be the goal that saved Palermo's season!...that tie keeps them 4 points up on Messina. Messina plays Brescia next while Palermo has AC Milan. Without that point who knows if Palermo's would keep the last U.C spot...they really have been playing terrible lately....I dont buy this B.S that since the late penalty called against them in Samp the team was affected and hasnt been playing well...I dont know what the problem is...maybe after that they figured the C.L was unattainable and they have a U.C spot locked and decided to put it into neutral...they better get their heads out of their As$## soon cuz its really startin to get on my nerves...their a better team then what they have shown the last 5 weeks! :mad: The only bright spot is now my Messina have a chance at a U.C spot...how glorious this would be :D

11. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
  12. SICILIANSOCCERFAN

Dec 6, 2004
    Toronto
    Palermo not dumping Guidolin but i havnt read why he may want to leave???...he hasnt stated a reason....Lippi also stating he would consider a job at Palermo,...have a read...

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may17h.html

If Guidolin leaves...would u prefer Lippi or Zeman...Lecce is fun to watch but they are all offence and no defence (and not that succesful)....im hoping Guidolin stays.

13. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    right I think Guidolin will just walk away, they arent dumping him but considering the treatment he's gotten from zamparini in some ways they are forcing him out.

Lippi is talking about after the 06 world cup...and Zeman is a gimmick coach I dont think he's still works at the high levels anymore.

14. AmericanRosanero

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    They have done it! Messina has lost and there will be EUROPEAN FOOTBALL to play next term! Outstanding! They have been faltering near the end, but they got the job done. Only on thing left to do, and that's to go out next week on a win, at home, to what will be a CRAZY Renzo Barbera against Lazio.

15. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes! One of the local radio stations here carried the Messina game live, and afterwards we were all thrilled! When I'm in Palermo in a few weeks, I'll visit La Favorita on behalf of America to congratulate the team. :)

16. GianPaolo

GianPaolo New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Nice, i can't wait untill next year when i go. Do you think you can do me a favor a pick up a certain Palermo jersey for me that noone in the US carries?

17. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
  18. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah but....Zeman??? So Palermo is going to score 87 goals next year and let in 88.

Personally, I would have stuck with Guidolin who at least took the team to UEFA...

19. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    exactly, I feel this is a mistake...especially if Zeman is the choice. To go from serie b to the uefa cup in one season is amazing. When was the last time that was done???

20. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Chievo did it. The only other time it has happened was Parma some years ago.

21. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    right of course, I thought maybe milan did it the yr after spending a season in Serie B in the early 80s...

my point was finishing 6th in the first season in A is pretty darn good and you would think worthy of keeping the coach.

22. AmericanRosanero

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    but Guidolin has said numerous times that he is just at that point in his life where he needs to move on, and soem added offense is needed, if one hasn't been paying attention the last 7+ games. we have a very good defense, but we need playmakes to compliment Luca, plain and simple.

23. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
  24. SICILIANSOCCERFAN

Dec 6, 2004
    Toronto
  25. GianPaolo

GianPaolo New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    What the heck is going on? First Zamparini wanted to fire Guidolin on the spot now he says "miracles can happen" i don't get it.
    Anyways i appreciate what Guidolin did for the team but he has made to many mistakes and needs to go.