2003 SEC thread [R]

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Mactisha, Aug 31, 2003.

1. Some teams usually get their own threads since they are ranked or whatever, but I thought this would be a good thread for the results of all SEC teams. I know Florida already has their own threads, but feel free to post their results here, also.

2. Ole Miss

Ole Miss beat South Alabama 6-0 Friday night with Kelly Renie[/] scoring two goals.

:( Unfortunately for us (and for Kelly), she tore her ACL in today's game. It happened right in front of me and she looked like she knew it was blown. This is Kelly's 2nd ACL tear in two years. The first was the left knee -- she was redshirted as a true freshman. Today, she injured the right knee. Looks like she's out for another season.

On a happy note, Ole Miss did beat Memphis 7-0 with 6 different players scoring.

http://olemisssports.ocsn.com/sports/w-soccer/recaps/083103aaa.html

3. Tennessee Lady Vols

Tennessee beat UCSB Friday night 1-0 on a Lyndsey Patterson goal.

Tennessee beat Fresno State 3-1 today. Lyndsey Patterson, Keeley Dowling (of Carmel, Indiana -- same as Kelly Renie) and Kayla Lockaby scored for Tennessee.

4. UFGator98

UFGator98 Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Florida
    Vandy lost to Marquette 1-0 Friday, beat UW-Milwaukee 1-0 today.

UGA beat Wyoming 3-0 on Friday, lost 2-1 to Colorado in OT today.

Auburn beat UAB 3-0 on Friday

Arkansas lost to Oklahoma and Tulsa, 3-1 and 2-1 respectively.

MSU 3-1 over Memphis

UK defeated Davidson 6-0

Bama def. Jacksonville State 7-2 Friday, lost to UAB 2-1 today.

5. UFGator98

UFGator98 Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Florida
    Re: Ole Miss

Sorry to hear that about Kelly. Hopefully she'll recover and be back even stronger next season. Tough loss for the Rebels.

6. MSU beat South Alabama 5-0 today

South Carolina lost to Clemson 1-0 Friday

LSU beat Coastal Carolina Friday 2-1 and beat Jackson State 12-0 today

7. Monday: Kentucky 4 Western Kentucky 1
    Tuesday: South Carolina 0 Furman 1
    McNeese State 0 LSU 7
    Wednesday: Oral Roberts Univ 1 Arkansas 3

Crystal Frimpong (Florida) was the SEC Offensive Player of the Week as well as a member of the Soccer America Team of the Week.

Keeley Dowling (Tennessee) was the SEC Defensive Player of the Week as well as a member of the Soccer America Team of the Week.

8. Ole Miss beat FIU 3-0

26:24 Kristal Menard (Hillary Beckman) header to upper left corner of net

73:56 Ashley Ferree (Emily Brown) 3 yds in front to upper right corner of net

77:55 Courtney Biddle (Lindley Beckman) header off corner

I was following this one from work. Check the others when I get home unless ;) UFGator beats me to it. I did see Florida's win over Florida State in the Gators' thread! 2-0

9. UFGator98

UFGator98 Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Florida
    Good win for Ole Miss.

Other scores
    Arkansas 3, Arizona 2
    UNC 4, Kentucky 0
    Illinois 2, UGA 1
    Auburn 2, SE Missouri 0

More later.

10. Birmingham Southern 0 LSU 3

SW Missouri State 0 MS State 0 (2OT)

Charleston Southern 1 South Carolina 2

Tennessee 0 BYU 1 :(

I still haven't been able to find a score in the Alabama v. Wyoming game......yet.

11. UFGator98

UFGator98 Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Florida
    Wyoming won 2-1.

BYU is tough, Florida has to go out there in a few weeks. Tough loss for UT, but still think they are the favorites in the SEC.

12. Today, Vanderbilt beat UT Chattanooga 2-1

13. UFGator98

UFGator98 Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Florida
    Purdue 4, Arkansas 0
    Auburn 2, Illinois 1
    MSU 1, FIU 0
    Ole Miss 4, SW Mo. State 0
    S. Carolina 3, Dartmouth 1
    Kentucky 2, Duke 2
    LSU 2, Loyola 0(George, memo, play a tougher schedule, thanks)
    UGA 2, Georgia State 1
    Bama 1, Northern Arizona 0
    UF 3, UCF 1
    UT vs. UNLV, still playing I guess?

Vandy didn't play today.

14. Still waiting for one of the sites to post the UT score.

Nice to see the Rebels getting goals from several players. Still sad to see Kelly on the bench with the other injured players. I hope she is able to come back and have an awesome 2004 season. Noticed today what a good job Brittany Gillespie does talking to her defenders. Not sure if she is just more vocal this year or if you can hear her now since Kristin Chapman graduated. :D Wish we could have kept Chapman forever! Courtney Biddle is damn good in the air for 5'1"! Two more home games next weekend.

Forgot to mention that MS State played their first night game at home on Friday. They finally got lights! Next step......indoor plumbing! J/K Bulldog fans! I only pull against you when you're playing us! :cool:

15. kareena

kareena New Member

Feb 8, 2002
    The Gators are playing at home-E Carolina and Jacksonville and Georgia is at Houston and Rice.
    I wish more team sites would get liveplay up--sometimes it seems to take forever for scores to get posted. On paper those should be 4 wins but you never know-esp with Georgia. I keep hoping they are going to have a great year. It appears that they are missing some key players tho no mention on the site of injuries. Now if this were football..... We laff about FSU but you have to admit it's great to have all that info if you're a fan. Heck I'd be happy if they got the currant bios up.
    Mactisha who are the Mississippi schools playing this week?
    Tennessee? Any Tenn fans on the site? Any LSU or Arkansas?
    Nest week UGA is at Santa Clara and Stanford. Great that she has had a good schedule for the last three years or so. More and more of the SEC teams are getting strong schedules going. Even if you lose you can't help but get better.

16. Ole Miss is hosting Wyoming tonight and Missouri on Sunday.
    State has Missouri tonight and play at Samford on Tuesday.
    Tennessee has Richmond tonight and Charlotte on Sunday.
    South Carolina at Texas A&M and at Houston.
    Arkansas hosts William & Mary and Old Dominion.
    LSU plays at Tulane and at Texas.
    Vanderbilt is at Arizona State and San Diego.
    Kentucky hosts BYU tonight and Rutgers tomorrow.
    Auburn plays Pepperdine tonight and UNLV Sunday.
    Alabama hosts Tennessee Tech tonight and Arkansas State Sunday.

17. UFGator98

UFGator98 Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Florida
    LSU is playing Texas? I'm shocked, I can't believe they actually scheduled a real out of conference match. Maybe George is learning that to get into the NCAA's, it takes more than just a pretty record. The SEC is getting better each year, but still has a ways to go. To be the best, you've got to play the best and the more schools that have tough out of conference schedules, the better.

Another thing that will help is for schools to have live stats and/or audio. Anyone know exactly which schools have at least one or the other? This is the first year that UF will have live audio for all their matches. In the past, they just had it for home games, so that's cool they are doing road games too. Live stats aren't hard to do, all schools across the country should have them.

18. kareena

kareena New Member

Feb 8, 2002
    Looking at his schedule I doubt that GF actually has figured out why he never gets invited. I think they have the weakest schedule in the SEC. All cattiness aside I can't help but wonder why he doesn't beef it up--nothing to be gained from the way he plays it now. No humiliation in some losses against top teams either.

Yeah I wish that more teams would do away live stats cuz you know some of the schools aren't going to ever do it. Great that UF does them all. No surprise however.

19. kareena

kareena New Member

Feb 8, 2002
    Tennessee 2 Richmond 0

20. Ole Miss beat Wyoming 3-1

1 1st 04:06 UM Kristal Menard 3 (Lindley Beckman) Header deflected off post and across end 0 1
    2 2nd 54:54 UM Kristal Menard 4 (Amy Sample) From crowd in front after saved shot 0 2
    3 2nd 59:08 UM Courtney Biddle 3 (Hillary Beckman) Header off corner kick 0 3
    4 2nd 84:28 WY ADETOYE, Mercy 15 yards in front alone, bounced off far 1 3

Ole Miss has both live stats and audio for games.

21. UFGator98

UFGator98 Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Florida
    South Carolina was leading Texas A&M in the 87th minute 1-0, but TAMU just tied it up.

BYU 2, Kentucky 1
    Ole Miss 3, Wyoming 1

22. kareena

kareena New Member

Feb 8, 2002
    UF 2 East Carolina 1
    MSU 1 Missouri 0

South Carolina is doing great this year!!

23. UFGator98

UFGator98 Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Florida
    Wow, that's a big win for MSU, Missouri is a solid club, they come to town next weekend and I think they were undefeated and ranked in a few of the polls. Good win for the SEC too.

A&M wins 2-1 in OT. Good effort by USC, so close to a win.