20-21 Off season catch all

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by 22SteveD, Nov 23, 2020.

1. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    I know it's supposed to be a 'Jimi Hendrix' kit or whatever....

But honestly it looks like the players have some really bad gas.....I can almost smell that jersey....:sick:

jrowe13 repped this.
  2. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very confused, is the club aware water RAPIDS have ratings too?

Rapids
    A skier is aware that a black diamond run is a lot steeper and more difficult than a green circle slope. Rapids, like ski slopes, vary in their intensity. The International Rating system classifies rapids as follows:

• Class A - Lake water. Still. No perceptible movement. met. Even nor
    • Class I - Easy. Smooth water; light riffles; clear passages, occasional sand banks and gentle curves. The most difficult problems might arise when paddling around bridges and other obvious obstructions. classification
    • Class II - Moderate. Medium-quick water; rapids with regular waves; clear and open passages between rocks and ledges. Maneuvering required. Best handled by intermediates who can maneuver canoes and read water.
    • Class III - Moderately difficult. Numerous high and irregular waves; rocks and eddies with passages clear but narrow and requiring experience to run. Visual inspection required if rapids are unknown. Open canoes without flotation bags will have difficulty. These rapids are best left to canoeists with expert skills.
    • Class IV - Difficult. Long and powerful rapids and standing waves; souse holes and boiling eddies. Powerful and precise maneuvering required. Visual inspection mandatory. Cannot be run in canoes unless the craft is decked or properlyequipped with flotation bags. Advance preparations for possible rescue work important.
    • Class V - Extremely difficult. Long and violent rapids that follow each other almost without interruption. River filled with obstructions. Big drops and violent currents. Extremely steep gradient. Even reconnoitering may be difficult. Rescue preparations mandatory. Can be run only by top experts in specially equipped whitewater canoes, decked craft, and kayaks.
    • Class VI - Extraordinarily difficult. Paddlers face constant threat of death because of extreme danger. Navigable only when water levels and conditions are favorable. This violent whitewater should be left to paddlers of Olympic ability. Every safety precaution must be taken.

https://paddling.com/learn/classification-of-rapids-water-level-and-canoeists

JasonMa, SccrDon and TheWarmBurger repped this.
  3. therapidsnumbernine

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Jul 16, 2019
    Nebraska
    Blame the babybooms for this one, I haven't met a zoomer that can name a Hendrix song.

4. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gen X here, and I love that Seattle kit outside of the damn Zulily ad on the front. But also a Seattle native so I'm biased. I'm more likely to buy the Jimi Hendrix kit than the Class 5 one. (Nothing wrong with the Class 5 kit, I'm just personally not a fan of mint green)

COMtnGuy and therapidsnumbernine repped this.
  5. therapidsnumbernine

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Jul 16, 2019
    Nebraska
    I'm going to reserve full judgment on the C5 kit until I have it in my hands. In some images the green is very obvious, in others it looks almost white. Hopefully it leans more towards the former.

JasonMa repped this.
  6. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After the Sounders Jimi Hendrix Experience album kit I was really hoping this album would be the inspiration for our new kit
    [​IMG]

m vann, Sports Yak and COMtnGuy repped this.
  7. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That should shame. A crying shame. My Boomer parents taught me well. In my home office I have four small paintings..... Hendrix, Robert Johnson, and Bib Marley, and BB King.

8. rapidsmarc

rapidsmarc Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Nov 20, 2019
    Not so in my house. I brought that amazing album home with me at Christmas break during my Freshman year in college. I was playing it...admittedly very loudly and over and over again...on my family's huge state of the art sound system in the living room. My usually kind and welcoming mother came into the room from the kitchen where she had been baking, took the record off of the turntable, smiled at me, broke it in half over her knee, and calmly gave me the pieces.

9. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder

Sports Yak repped this.
  10. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  11. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    Aggregate preseason score now 6-0 for the Rapids. I know this won't mean much come April 17, but it's not a negative ;).

Starters: William Yarbrough, Keegan Rosenberry, Lalas Abubakar, Danny Wilson, Steven Beitashour, Jack Price, Michael Barrios, Cole Bassett, Younes Namli, Nicolás Mezquida, Andre Shinyashiki.

Not playing today:
    • Kellyn Acosta - International Duty
    • Kortne Ford - Out
    • Braian Galván - Out
    • Jonathan Lewis - International Duty
    • Diego Rubio - Out
    • Sam Vines - International Duty
    Sounds like the Rapids were inches away from scoring several more goals.

12. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  13. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    TheWarmBurger and JasonMa repped this.
  14. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mr. Acosta is in the Starting XI again for the USMNT vs. Northern Ireland. Solid but not spectacular opponent and yet an other good opportunity to cement his place in the squad. It’s also the last chance, I believe, to showcase himself before the Gold Cup. I think Berhalter mentioned the Swiss friendly would be strict European based players. Go Kellyn! We’ll be rooting you on. Improve on that good out vs Jamaica, son.

TheWarmBurger repped this.
  15. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    Vines and Lewis with the start for the US YNT and their Olympic qualifier.

Win and they are in. Lose, and they are out

16. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    U.S. Soccer just announced that due to COVID they're skipping the first round of the USOC. The competition will now start with the Round of 16. The top 8 MLS teams based on average PPG on May 2nd will qualify. This is after the third game for most MLS teams, but only after the second game for Colorado, Columbus, and FSL.

So if we beat Dallas and Austin, there's a pretty good chance we'll qualify (I guess its possible 9 teams could go 2-0-0/3-0-0 but it seems unlikely).

AlbertCamus and m vann repped this.
  17. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope Vines and Lewis come back into camp and let the misery of not qualifying for the Olympics dissipate. I'm not banging the desk, pissed like some people are about not qualifying, I just hope these two come back re-energized with something to prove. Lewis had a nightmare of a match and I don't want that match to haunt him. Glad they will be back home and getting their reps in before the season starts. They are two key players. We need them focused and ready and now we don't have to worry about them missing a big chunk of the season.

JasonMa, TheWarmBurger and rapidsmarc repped this.
  18. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seb Anderson, Michael Edwards, Matt Hundley, Abe Rodriguez, and Phillip Mayaka have all been loaned to the Switchbacks.

COMtnGuy and JasonMa repped this.
  19. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Little surprised Mayaka isn't staying with the parent club. Maybe due to the international limit.

TheWarmBurger and COMtnGuy repped this.
  20. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    I was thinking the same thing. That, and the stacked midfield we currently have, it might be hard for him to crack into a bench position - let alone start - and it's hard to justify an international spot when we already have so few available.

Midfielders/Wing support on our roster not named Mayaka.....
    1. Acosta
    2. Barrios
    3. Bassett
    4. Benezet
    5. Galvan
    6. Larraz
    7. Lewis
    8. Mezquida
    9. Namli
    10. Price
    If we think of how they have been used on the field and the positions where Mayaka would really only find a place to fit right now:

Left Wing:
    • Barrios
    • Lewis
    • Benezet
    • Galvan

Center Attacking Mid:
    • Bassett
    • Namli
    • Mezquida

Right Wing:
    • Namli
    • Lewis
    • Galvan
    • Mezquida

Center Support Mid
    • Acosta
    • Bassett
    • Mezquida

D-Mid
    • Price
    • Acosta

I don't see Mayaka warranting a rotational roster piece over any of those guys. Plus, it sounds like Larraz has really impressed during training camp.

I've got big hopes for Mayaka, but his international designation is pretty pricy right now...Hopefully he can work his way into a starting spot for the Switchbacks, grow, and develop into a starting caliber player.

21. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  22. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    As pointed out by @soccer_rabbi, what's really interesting is who's not on the list of loanees to the Switchbacks:

• Yapi
    • Toure
    • Ford
    • Larraz

Assuming these four start the season with the Rapids what roles they play. Larraz is a 6? Toure on the wing? Will Ford be a utility player on the back line - playing both outside and inside? Yapi as a 9?

23. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  24. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I expect Yapi or Toure to replace Mayaka in the springs once some green cards come in.

COMtnGuy repped this.
  25. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    COMtnGuy repped this.