2/3 Left

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Green Tabasco, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    This is where the Plasitcs are separated from the real fans.

The La liga Title is almost over. 9 points is a defecit that breaks down like this: Los PUTOS have to lose 3 games for Barca to TIE. And even still...We must WIN and score more goals at the bernabeu to take the lead.

Mission almost impossible.

Champions and Copa is what we are in for. 2 of 3.

Your thoughts.

2. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The squad is relatively depleted at the moment. Messi is overcoming injury, Eto'o/Yaya out for a few more weeks and Dinho shedding the kilo's. All things considered, 9 points isn't all too bad. But we have learned:
    Henry cant play up front without a true 9
    Youth players, albeit a better option than Santi, still have many years to peak
    Iniesta/Xavi/Deco are human and make errors
    The defense is the strongest in years but the offense is the weakest in the same period
    No one is yet to play consistent.

Looking forward, the offense should come together fully once Messi return from injury and Eto'o from Africa. Dinho appears to be motivated to play and quite frankly it's fine he has taken time off, better this than the shambolic performances thus presented. The midfield cant exist in its' current state and needs to find an identity.

Ohh and Madrid needs to start drawing/losing matches. The league is still for the taking, patience is the key.

3. USCule

USCule Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    yeah, i sort of had that realization when i found out Madrid won.

there's no shame in putting your eggs in the "right" basket. at this point it would be futile to concentrate on La Liga when the chances of winning it are slim.

winning the champions league would still make this season a dream season...winning to copa del rey would make it a good season...winning both would be AMAZING.

To answer your original question...I'm not giving up on this team. They have the most talent in the world. if they can figure out how to score goals on a consistent basis, they're unbeatable.

4. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    To be honest with you it is a very difficult mission but it is still possible...
    When I first watched Barça play it was in the champions league game against Chelsea [the one that Messi got Del Horno sent off at], I was on a holiday in Jordan back then... being a futbol fan since I was seven... Messi and and the boys mesmerised me! I watched that beautiful flawing futbol and since then [when I came back to NZ] I subscribed to Sky[cable] so I could watch the World Cup and watched the CL final and all the semi's against AC Milan and watched almost every single Barça game with the time difference and all until now... I got attached to the club in such a way that I can't really explain! Sometimes I dream that I am working in the Camp Nou and talking with the players!! That is when I decided to change me Uni degree to European Studies and Spanish so I could understand the culture! I have found my all time favorite futbol club and am not giving up on it ever! So what, if we are going through a rough time! So what if we are possibly not winning the league [ we didn't last season and we still kept out faith in the club]. We can still rescue this season if we work hard enough, we are still in the competition and I am keeping my faith and hope... Initially, my 'Galatico Whores' friends though that I chose Barça because they were winning and because of Ronaldinho.... I think they all shut up now... whenever I talk about Barça I get emotional, but I am seriously saving up so I can to Barcelona next summer [that is next year in New Zealand time :D:D:D] and go to the Camp Nou...

This is the time that we need to be united and show our strength as true passionate fans and believe that we can do it.... Visca el Barça....

EDIT: It would be an awesome season of we win the CL and the Copa Del Rey!!! So I wouldn't care as much for losing the leage

5. well of eternity

Sep 30, 2007
    Sweden
    Haha! That was the exact same game that I fell in love with Messi & Co! :D

BTW: That outfit was, is and forever will be the sexiest barca kit I've ever seen ;)

As for the League, I don't know... as long as Madrid is up by 4 points or more, it is entirely out of control anyway, so I don't care way too much about the actual difference atm. I just watch and enjoy the games :)

6. PARAdoxx

PARAdoxx New Member

Mar 1, 2007
    I'm never giving up on Barça, but I feel the championship race is over. We just don't seem capable of achieving anything [in la Liga] at the moment. As much as we hate them, we have to admit that a combination of luck, refs and a tiny bit of individual skill from the players del Putos are a huge advantage for them. I can even see them going far in the CL if they manage to stretch their lucky streak.
    The championship race is as good as over and, in this case unfortunately, I'm a pretty good predictor usually. We should be striving for the CL and CdR titles and I'd be pleased if we won either of these tournaments + an impressive win over Putos at the Bernabeu. (Can't believe that it's January and I've set our goals so low)
    And if we try to get 'em all, at this stage of the season it will only cost us a bad replay of the last season.

7. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    La Liga: what the team needs is momentum, and with 1/3 left this is the time to do it. We play some attacking teams in the coming weeks (Sevilla, Atletico Madrid) and if there's one thing that has been woeful as of late is the counter attack. And this is where the passing vision of Ronaldinho is sorely missed, to go alongside the speed of Eto'o and Messi. In a perfect scenario, R10 comes back with a vengenace.

CDR: I think it's going to be an easy win at home against Villareal. From there, we just have to see what team shakes out next. Bojan and GDS should see a lot of playing time in the second Villareal leg and (assuming we win) the first leg of the next round, because the truth is they need seasoning and playing time now, these guys might be leading the line next year. And if La Liga starts to fade away, playing those two a lot should happen also (while still maintaining a CL spot).

Chapmions League: It's a crapshoot. It always is. We should beat Celtic, and then just put out the best XI available at the time of the next round.

8. dawd

dawd New Member

Oct 2, 2007
    Stockholm
    Never give up. We had a bigger gap several years ago and it came out fine. I believe we could do it again!

9. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    I sincerely hope so. I don't so much as care not winning the title...It's the putos blancos winning the title that burns the hell outta me.

10. USCule

USCule Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yeah...isn't that always the case though?

All the guy has to do is go on YouTube and watch his old videos to remember what he was like at his peak.

Dude seriously reminds me of the movie Hook (if you're anywhere in your early to mid 20's like myself don't pretend you haven't seen this movie :p)...he's like Peter Pan and he somehow forgot how to fly. Somewhere in one of those nightclubs he lost his mojo.

If he can come back and regain even 80% of his Player of the Year form, I wouldn't discount the team winning all three trophies.

11. Cormhag

Cormhag New Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Ireland
    The problem isn't that Barca are playing really badly and losing lots of games. Our points total at this point in the season is very close to the last few years. Madrid are heading for a record points total if they keep this up. The only hope is that Madrid fall apart in a spectacular fashion. But after all, we did that last year. . .

12. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  13. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
    Jimi:

To be honest, the regulars on this board support the team through thick and thin, which made the thread seem a little redundant (to me, at least). Plus, it's serious fodder for trolls.

14. novastar400

novastar400 New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It isn't impossible, they can still win the league, but they will need A LOT of help from Madrid in the hopes that Robinho gets an injury or something... The problem is that Madrid is winning the tough games against opponents who had a realistic shot at beating them (Atletico Madrid and Villareal)... So maybe they'll be over-confident and draw or lose to some opponents that they shouldn't lose to at all... Barca has been unlucky with the injuries and all with Messi being the worst one... They showed that they could win without Eto'o and Ronaldinho as long as Messi was in the line-up... Honestly, I think they need Eto'o or Messi at all times, but they can't be missing them both... They still have a shot, but need Madrid to stink it up for a while and pick up some points in the mean time...

15. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    An injury to Casillas wouldn't be bad. I guess I better book another flight to Madrid ;).

16. Omideyi

Omideyi Member

Dec 13, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    sorry folks, the league is gone. Real Madrid, with a team not even half as great as ours was, is going to match our domestic output of back-to-back League titles. it's sad, but it's true. i'd obviously love to be wrong, but i won't be. a team that had a chance to be a team for the ages....we've petered out spectacularly. even if Real were to lose the 3 matches we need, we'd have to win out from here. don't know if you've heard the news guys but we're lousy away from home, so it just ain't gonna happen. not saying we shouldn't still go for it, because quitting is absolutely criminal, but that title is Real Madrid's. the CDR and CL, we have as good a chance as anyone. I'd back us to win a one-off or two-legged match against anyone. but regarding the consistency and application required to win the league, FC Barcelona just don't have it anymore, and deep down, all of you know this

17. rurik

rurik New Member

Feb 22, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll give up on the league title when there's two matches left and we're 7 points behind. But I'll never stop supporting the Blaugrana!

18. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I suppose I'm pretty optimistic. We only need RM to lose twice, then we HAVE to beat them by at least 2 goals at the Bernabeu (it's been done before :D). Then we'll have overtaken them on record alone. If we beat them by one goal however, goal differential comes into play (i'm not sure on the tiebreak rules).

19. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Omideyi's right about our away form, it's shockingly bad. Even Xavi and Iniesta are looking more tired these days. I don't know what the answer is, more squad rotation?

20. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The answer is more anti-Real Madrid brainwashing ;)

21. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Is this a laptop challenge?

Realistically yes and no. Draws are great ways to make up ground and if RVN or Robinho hit a slump/injury, Madrid could face some serious offensive issues.

22. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RVN injury is not an "if" but a "when".

And if it doesn't happen this season, check that man for illegal supplements. :D

23. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I would check Casillas first. Better yet, bust Real Madrid for match fixing and get them relegated Juventus style :cool:

24. YoungR10

YoungR10 New Member

Oct 2, 2007
    Largo
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  25. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The last part of the first video where that guy puts the hat on Eto'o's head was priceless.