2ª Jornada -- Porto Derby (R)

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Selecao2002, Aug 29, 2002.

1. PortoMarco

PortoMarco New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Montreal/Porto
    in the handful games I've seen, the standard of officiating in Argentina is also quite good! Much better than Portugal! Thats for sure!!!!

2. PortoMarco

PortoMarco New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Montreal/Porto
    You're right. It would be nice if we'd keep track of the II Liga. I do believe Amadora are in first place! They really need the promotion, they are in a very risky place financially at the moment!!!!

Should we also track IIB?

3. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    II Division B why not?
    the best portuguese team in Europe plays there.

4. PortoMarco

PortoMarco New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Montreal/Porto
  5. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Sporting B team in the II division B are having trouble they had to signed two brazilians, to there youth team don't make sense.

Porto B is leading the division if not mistaken, there is no promotion if the win the division I don't agree with that rule.

6. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    The best portuguese team in Europe, Leixoes, they got 4 important points, for Portugal rankings.
    The only team with a win.

7. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Why not III division?
    Benfica B plays there , Atletico, Amora, Famalicao, Montijo, some I liga teams, and my ex team Estarreja, they crush the serranos from Mangualde.
    Benfica got a lot of style they were relegated to the III division the B team and they not complain at all. What they did and I like they went with a lot ex juniors from Alverca, and from there ranks.
    Alverca was the portuguese junior champion.

8. Fender playa

Fender playa New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Vancouver/Canada
    Some teams should join the mls.........then it will become more competitive

9. Fender playa

Fender playa New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Vancouver/Canada
    Have to agree with that.........:D

10. Selecao2002

Selecao2002 New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    MA
    Fender,

You must have short attention span loss or something. The reason the Miami and Tampa Bay franchises were FOLDED last year was to make the league more competitive. Why would the MLS expand so shortly after contraction?

11. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    For the canadians to join the MLS they have come up with over $20 million dollars just to get in, this owners are not going to let anybody in with less then that amount. Toronto is one of the teams mention for a team.
    By the way FOX Sports World to televise the semi-finals of the #89 US Open Cup call the Lamar Hunt Cup, tonight at 11pm est time/ 8 pm in the West Coast. I guess you guys catch this games in Canada.