1st Deal Done

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by CannuchMackem, Jul 1, 2015.

1. CannuchMackem

CannuchMackem Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  2. Farhaway

Farhaway Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Bunbury
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Well I suppose it all started really on the 1st July so we are in on the 1st day. I have a feeling Dick and Lee have the players marked out of who they want, just hope we/they can get them sooner rather than later. A good start so lets kick on!! (so to speak):cool:

3. Farhaway

Farhaway Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Bunbury
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    It's all starting to happen, 2 bits of snippets and we should be looking good!!

SUNDERLAND IN FOR DUO

Sunderland are in talks to sign Zenit centre back Nicolas Lombaerts and Dutch forward Jeremie Lens of Dynamo Kiev, according to Sky sources.

Lombaerts, 30, would cost the Black Cats around £5million, while Dutch international Lens would set them back around £8.5million.

And, I'm not sorry about this either,:thumbsup:

CATTERMOLE SIGNS NEW DEAL

More promising news for Sunderland... midfielder Lee Cattermole has signed a new five-year contract with the club.

Cattermole's contract was due to end next summer, and the extension keeps him at the Stadium of Light until 2021.

Head coach Dick Advocaat said: "Lee is the controller of the side. He is a motivator, a leader and central to the success of our team. To know that he will be with us for many years to come is very important to the club."

Albb45 repped this.
  4. Albb45

Albb45 Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    It looks like someone is awake back home. Great news about Catts:D
    Now if we can only get these guys on board. Sad end for England in the WWC but congrats on a great effort
    Away the lads/and Lasses:)

5. CannuchMackem

CannuchMackem Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  6. Farhaway

Farhaway Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Bunbury
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    6 quality players we were told we needed, fair enough, 50 million to spend, great, 2 players in 4 million spent, cool, lets say we get 2 in on loan, which seems highly likely, doesn't that leave 46 million to spend on 2 players? Who the hell could they be I ask myself, could Messi be one of them??o_O

7. CannuchMackem

CannuchMackem Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I never fully believe what I read from the press Far.....I bet the conversation went something like; DA: we need to bring in 5 or 6 top class players....SAFC: whatever you need, we will make it happen....if it takes 50 million, so be it!
    I think Dick will get it right.....what worries me more is......who will replace him next year, and are they looking for his replacement now?
    Time will tell.....KTF and FTM

8. Farhaway

Farhaway Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Bunbury
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

It's the 5 or 6 TOP players that is getting me. We all know we need them, however, Coates, when he arrived I along with many others did not rate him, OK he came good at the end of the season whether or not it had to do with him getting a few games in on the trot and thinking this could be my last chance I don't know, however we have him for 4 years so lets hope he is as good as he looked in the last 5-6 games. Now we have Mathews, this wasn't the Van Der something we were supposed to after from Celtic, this is another unknown, not knocking the Scottish prem league but it is only championship (2nd division) standard, we have suffered with this quality of player, even last season, look at Bridcutt, Ba, Graham and Buckley for instance, great write ups, no quality. Mathews is an attacking right back, why are we getting an attacking midfield player, or even better why not 2 and a couple of forwards who can score goals, get rid of Fletcher, Wickham and Graham they have had their chance/s and haven't proved good enough. I could go on but I'll not as it's only my view-----------------------------I do get very frustrated though as it's the same year after year--------------and I will get to see 3 games when I'm across there in Sept/October and I would love to watch them win for once, that hasn't happened since I watched them beat Leicester at the SOL when Quinn and Phillips were playing, oh boy!o_O

9. CannuchMackem

CannuchMackem Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  10. Tazzbob

Tazzbob Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Why are they keeping Fletcher,he hasn't done squat for us since he arrived at the club ,Graham,he hasn't either,another year like previous years,prove me wrong !!!!

11. CannuchMackem

CannuchMackem Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Tazz, I think the problem is that we have had several seasons where nobody did much to improve themselves, and with that there is little or no interest from other clubs in wanting to buy them.....that being said, I wonder if Dick can bring out the best in them.......and prove you wrong lol

12. CannuchMackem

CannuchMackem Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  13. Tazzbob

Tazzbob Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    I like that deal he can play striker or on the wing,and he has played under Dick as well.
    I would like to see Fletcher play the way he did when he first came to us

14. Farhaway

Farhaway Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Bunbury
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    12 mill spent on 3, hope the next 3 are quality, managed to get a bit of service here and am just catching up, anyone heard of who else we are chasing?

15. CannuchMackem

CannuchMackem Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  16. CannuchMackem

CannuchMackem Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  17. CannuchMackem

CannuchMackem Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, the Yann M'Vila loan deal is done......lets see what he can do before we pick up the option to buy he after this season.....I hope he works out well for us :unsure:

18. Farhaway

Farhaway Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Bunbury
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    He looks to be the same type of player at Catts, only quicker and goes forward a lot more, doesn't/hasn't scored many goals but his passing is a little better than most, all we can do is hope!!

19. CannuchMackem

CannuchMackem Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Adnan Januzaj marks his return to the Manchester United line-up with the only goal of the first half......Villa 0-1 United.
    Wondering if he is in the shop window?

20. Farhaway

Farhaway Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Bunbury
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    No, he's not in the shop window, he doesn't want to come, he would rather stay at Man U. Where to now you may well ask, we will have to make do with what we've got the way things are going, so many promises and they are all just hot air!:mad: