1st 11 v Burnley

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by art, Jul 19, 2006.

1. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, who does everyone think will be in Wadock's starting 11 v Burnley?

It's early and there are alot of new faces (some yet to come on board) but I'll take a stab and say:

Jones
    Milanese-Shittu-Stewart-Rose
    Cook-Ward-Tchakounte-Ainsworth
    Gallen-Nygaard

Bench- Cole, Shimmin, Oliseh, Rowlands, Furlong

Strong on the wings, somewhat unknown though encouraging up the middle, and with a couple of good forwards.

...though im not so sure about the mids, and im not sure about Royce's health else he would be ahead of Cole. I know nothing about Czerkas, i suppose it's possible he could be in there too.

2. doolittledog2

doolittledog2 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Iowa
    It's great to see more and more posts on here now. I am really starting to get pumped up for the season seeing all these.

3. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jones
    Milanese-Shittu-Stewart
    -Rose
    Cook-Ward-Tchakounte-Ainsworth
    Gallen-Nygaard

I'm in agreement with the ones in bold, I think. It was good to see Rowlands get some action the other day. Rose, too. If Rowlands is 100% fit, I think it's hard to leave him out. Likewise, if Rose is ready, he probably cracks the lineup, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Bignot start.

I honestly have no idea what Waddock is going to do at d-mid. Doherty? Armel? Oliseh (depending on the state of the injury he picked up causing him to leave in the first half of the last game)?

Royce has had a bit of a setback, so I'd guess Cole is on the bench for the opener.

It'll be interesting to see which forwards start and get on the substitute's bench. I'm assuming Gallen and Nygaard are the starters, but after that... Baidoo? Czerkas? Furlong?

Interestlingly, Furs is not among those named to the squad against Gillingham tomorrow. Will he get any pre-season game action?