16a Napoli-Parma 2019-2020

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Bedelcigil, Dec 12, 2019.

1. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What is your problem. You attack everything from capitalism to players just not ADL.

The variables are the same for everyone. ADL has mismanaged Napoli. Even after Benitez the decline had started and we finished 5.

Sarri was an illusion and ADL got carried away. After Sarri I wanted Fonseca and see what he has done at Roma. If you don’t spend you never win but with coaches with a good system you can at least compete.

PrimeDona and Sacki repped this.
  2. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    DL is a stupid piece of shit. There. Happy?

DL took this team under his wings and he had no guarantees, as back then the team was not of much consequence. It could easily have been a flop. But DL took the team out of misery, and gave players like Mertens the golden opportunity to proceed in their career and move on from the weak Eredivise. Or, he gave players like Cal and Piggy a chance to shine when they were unwanted at RM. The players seem to have forgotten the favor and all they want now is money, while Mertens fails to notice that we are counterattacking so he starts running SLOWLY 5 seconds later.

My friend, a veteran from the 2nd World War, told me that back then there were people to whom he referred as simple-minded who just kept blaming Hitler for everything, and then there were those who knew. Hitler was a man whose culpability was obvious, yet still it was not smart to just blame him, because there were others. Blaming DL solely is unwise and childish, not mentioning the fact that you all probably know 2 shits about the real happenings...

But if a childish world where all is black or white is what you must live in, then there really is nothing I can do.

3. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ADL saw a business opportunity and has made a lot of money.

Has it initially helped Napoli? Yes
    Will we progress with him? No

4. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Can our current situation clearly be ascribed to DL's management only? No.
    Is success guaranteed with the change of ownership? No.

If we allow the players to get away with everything, we will have teams full of overgrown children. What I saw when the counterattack simply did not happen was unacceptable, yet you still insist on kissing their feet. DL at least seems to really love the club, regardless of what people think about his methods or the clarity of his motives. I don't like him at all, as I do not really like so many people. but you acting as if it was simple to always stay on top and succeed, blaming everything on this or that decision of DL, is simply repugnant. It is the easiest thing in the world...

5. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The players are somewhere between 3 and 6 and I am sure that is where we will end up.

6. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I think the players should have done more and I believe that they also should have been capable of it. Our team has talent and although I agree with you regarding the missing link(regista), I am still convince that with the proper mentality and management we could have done more, and would have done so if it had not been for mentality especially. The local coach I talked to was telling me things from experience and he agreed with Gattuso, he told me that mentality can take the best teams rapidly and a long way down the table. That's why the best teams always can never forget the importance of a victory and the gravity of a loss. We have not properly attained to either one of the two, and such a team can never compete no matter who manages or plays on the pitch. It is easy to criticize all the time and it is also very dangerous, as DL may have faults but there is a good piece of his heart that beats for Napoli, and dropping we will run the risk of getting a purely business oriented owner who will not give two fks about the colors.

We had so many chances this season, especially when we were at the very beginning of our crisis, and our failure to capitalize on them is what has truly damaged us. We may look for room for improvement, that's all good, but I think we all know that with proper mentality any other team would have easily reached top 4 with the chances we had created.

7. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I still don’t get your position.

1. Based on squads/players alone, where do you see Napoli?

2. Do you think Ancelotti should have been kept?

3. Can you see Napoli become a top club with ADL?

8. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    1.Definitely within the best four of Serie A, which we have absolutely and thoroughly proven in the CHL. We have also created the most shots so far, probably hit the most posts, etc. That's my position, that regarding gameplay, we have been better than most, but we have had no heroes on our team this year.

2. I think that the decision was hard. I would have either kept him or not, I can't say which. It is the two of you with Sacki who seem to be absolutely convinced that with a couple of key decisions born in your heads you would have immediately won the Universe league with Napoli.

3. Becoming a top club is no easy task, and a different president could fail much more than DL, and even willingly... But I think DL was totally close to getting us there, and sadly he had his hopes high for a legendary coach who has received praise from the giants of coaching, but he was disappointed along with all of us. If you can guarantee me firstly that DL cannot do it and secondly at the same time that we will get a better alternative, then I am fine with a change. But your dream world where everything works well because you want it to is too much for me.

9. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We are getting closer to understanding the viewpoints.

1. I think our team is somewhere between 3 and 6 player wise

2. i think Ancelotti should have been fired because it was predictable where we would end. The same happened at Bayern under him so I don’t see why he should get the benefit of doubt. Already we look much better under Gattuso

3. Given I think we are at beat a 3 to 6 place team I believe we will not get better with ADL.

Sarri was a lottery and what he dis was incredible. To say he failed is ridiculous. Would you call Gasperini a failure at Atalanta if he does not win the title? Or Inzaghi at Lazio?

But I agree with you. Blind change is not the answer nor what I am advocating. ADL leaving does not solve our problems and it could get worse. But if you agree that with ADL we cannot win titles then we can start discussing solutions.

10. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    1. I think, once again, that it is easy to ponder and not act, which is what we do. Carlo believed in the Scudetto and many others thought the same thing, so the blame in this regard is far from DL only.

2. It may be, I think it is possible the case, but I can have no certainty in the matter, as with the passage of time we would perhaps have become better or even invincible with Carlo. I do no pretend to be omniscient, so I cannot really tell. But the results had been poor which has been a problem in football since the time immemorial and so he had to go.

3. This is shameful. Tell me now, in the attempt to dethrone Juve as the supreme power in SA, which team had been the most successful on average in the recent years? Decisions have always been made, and regardless of what we wish to think the decisions of our management have continuously produced the best results. You say that Sarri won the 2nd place but the players were 3-6, yet Carlo won the 2nd place as well afterwards with more or less the same players, or worse. This season injuries and bad form of the pillar(s) are a factor to be considered. Koulibaly's error against Parma, for example, was far worse than infantile. You may even continue saying that Sarri did the best job of all people involved in the club ever, but still it was Dl who gave him the chance to show his worth, for which Sarri is still serenely thankful to the old fart, for sts this is exactly what determines whether you become successful or not, regardless of your quality, the factor of an old fart pulling you up just because in the future he wants to brag about discovering your talent.

With DL we cannot win titles, but we have been closer to the title with DL than any other team with their bunches of presidents. Does that make sense? So are all the other presidents crap yet we want them because in our team crap will work?

DL, as much as I dislike him along with many others, has produced pretty good results over and over again. Now the things have gone awry a considerable bit and immediately he must go and pack his shit. Oh! how the other teams must dream of such luxury.

Some of us seem to be forgetting that although DL has failed to beat Juve, so have all the other teams, of which we had been the best until now...

11. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ancelotti only finished second because first half of last season the players were playing Sarri ball. In the second half of last season we were not top 5 on points.

12. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    That is far from even a hypothesis, though. Where does losing the pivotal player for Sarriball fit into the frame of your beliefs? So Ancelloti was kind of capable of going on with the system without its source of ideas and its structural support? I don't really think so, unless you want to admit that Hamsik was doing just as well as Jorgi. But then again, not everything that happens on the pitch boils down to one player, therefore a run of bad or good results can hardly be explained so easily... The players have lost focus and decency, and the former they can still salvage. But to ascribe everything just to Sarri's departure is not what I believe. But I am not quite certain about anything as well...

13. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hamsik in that role was not as good as Jorginho but the movements of the team and passing were Sarriball.

Sacki repped this.
  14. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #139 Sacki, Jan 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    As far as I remember it Hamsik did well but had major shortcomings defensively. Also, he excelled more at long passes forwards rather than short passes through the middle - kinda like Pirlo - a shame Hamsik didn't stay at the club for longer.

We talk about registas a lot but has there ever been a perfect one? One that closes passing lanes, intercept, dictates play, pings long balls at a world-class level as well as low and precise passes given at the right times?
    To me, Alonso, Pirlo, Busquets, and Jorginho have been the best in recent times, but none of them were complete - maybe this could have meant Hamsik could find reassurance in that position, knowing he wouldn't have to be complete to succeed. Perhaps if we brought in another hard-working midfielder to pair Hamsik and Allan, things could've looked different for both the club and Hamsik's Napoli career. Shame really, unlike Insigne Hamsik's love for the club always shined through.

Speaking of Insigne; so when are we selling this little hemorrhoid?

15. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If we sell Insigne who will we bring?

16. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    It begins with an A and ends with an E. It's also non-specific. You can guess, I guess. He has never really shown real promise, in fact, his most memorable moment was when he just spinelessly asked for 5 million a year after he had hired a fat shark as his agent, but I am not sure if that was positive.

17. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How is Lobotka?

18. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I have only observed him in our national team, but he has been pretty impressive, and he's young at that.He is faster than he looks, is capable of doing quick, sharp turns to fool the opposition when under pressure. His passes in midfield area are spot on, and he can often fool the back-line with a lob, but not so often with a more mundane pass, but that can be down to the way we play. From the right side he can send a good ball to the box, but I have actually never noticed whether he can do it from the left, so probably not. Defensively, he can be a real pain in the ass for the other team as he can position his body well.

He is definitely talented, and I think he can be of use much to us, but that doesn't mean he can fix our shit by himself. But hopefully things will work out.

CarecaNapoli repped this.