16a Napoli-Parma 2019-2020

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Bedelcigil, Dec 12, 2019.

1. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Fully agree

2. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Hard to blame Gattuso (I don't expect much from him especially this first game, so I won't bash him), he set the team up well and they literally bottled it with k2 and Zielinski sliding on the pitch and losing the ball which got Parma both their goals, combined with a front 3 that isn't top 4 material at all, even though Milik had 3 phenomenal plays more could be asked of him imo cause the rest he did was subpar.

I hope Mertens starts on the left next one - maybe he and Mikik can reignite their partnership. I also hope Lozano gets sent back to Mexico.

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  3. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I would start Mertens on the left, but they need someone on the right as well. Callejon is not a forward at all.

4. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Callejon is a donkey, but we are not competing for the scudetto, we are not beyond donkey level.

Who should play there though? Leandrinho?
    And don't you dare say Lozano :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Maybe Ruiz and stick elmas in midfield?

5. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Selling Jorginho is the worst mistake we've made in years, near impossible to find a replacement. The only direct replacements I can think of are Pjanic and Thiago Alcantara whom both play for better clubs and wouldn't make the step down

11plavih and Sacki repped this.
  6. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Zielinski on the left and Mertens on the right maybe. Callejon is better in the midfield to be honest. He adds zero up front.

7. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    My friends who support Arsenal say Torreira can’t pass. Would be a mistake to get him.

8. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    But Ruiz plays his best both for us (last season) and Spain when he's attacking far up the right flank. But yeah both scenarios are better than the insigne/callejon combo that has failed when it really mattered for many seasons now

9. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Can someone remind me what this team did against Udinese ?

10. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    What a painful match to watch. So... new coach, same problem, same bad result. No new coach bounce. We created many chances, but exceptionally poor finishing means we can't score, while opposition scored in two counter-attacks while our defence is sleep-walking.

Should be quite clear now the coach wasn't and has never been the problem. Ancelotti was just made the convenient scapegoat by ADL who was most at fault for stirring up this shit storm. Sure the players sucks, no argument. But we should remember this same set of players just few months ago beat UCL winner Liverpool and nearly draw Juve in their own stadium if not for that unfortunate K2 own goal. Can there be such a drastic decline physically over this short a time? Also, these same players mostly did very well when they played for their national teams. But under the hostile environment instigated by the leadership of the club, they now have every last ounce of confidence driven out from them with this never seen before bad run of result that a full scale reboot of the team might be necessary.

Meantime, we need to give Gattuso time and be patient. This won't be a quick fix clearly as he needs to clear up ADL's mess. Need to fix the mindset of the players first and the atmosphere in the club before anything. We have to hope he can turn this around. Hope is a terrible thing. One get more disappointed with hope when things don't turn out right, but without hope, there is only despair.

11. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Somehow the players stopped talking about their contracts all the time. All bad things are good for sth, finally they can just shut the hell up and be human for a second.

12. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Maybe because they want to leave? Anyway, the trust is most likely broken beyond repair between players and management. We will need to reboot the team. Perhaps as soon as January. If we can still get good players to join us.

13. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Well, let them leave, then. It's not like they're irreplaceable, in fact, right now, they are totally replaceable. To be truthful, I have just offered Napoli the services of my dick and they have accepted immediately.

But srsly now, how are the whales?

14. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    That entire Arsenal team is playing like trash but I can assure you Torreira from what we saw of him at Sampdoria and even last year against us where he completely bossed the midfield against us, he's no joke.

15. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #115 tripwire, Dec 15, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    Fabian does play best out wide. Loves to cut in like he does with Spain. Both he and Zielinski are better in wide attacking positions.

I wonder how a 4-2-3-1 would work with Elmas and Allan in the middle, Zielinski and Fabian on the flanks, and Mertens behind Milik?

16. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    11 points behind Roma.

Our next game 5 games are

Sassulo
    Lazio
    Inter
    Fiorentina
    Juventus

17. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    3 pts out of 15

18. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  19. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    LOL, your dick can probably perform better than our players. Screw the opposition. Meantime, can you also screw ADL so that he got butthurt enough to sell Napoli ?

No idea about whales.

I don't think formation matters much. It's the player's mentality that has to changed in order to start wining again. Both Carlos and now Gattuoso said this.

Euphorius Thor repped this.
  20. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Totally agree with the second part. Sacki and Careca keep talking about formations, which are important, but it is quite obvious to everyone that our players' problems are obviously mental. Our defense has conceded often, but rather than to the system or formation it can mostly be attributed to individual mistakes, Koulibaly being the least expected performer of most of them. Regarding the attack, we have probably created many more chances than anyone else but when our captain can't keep his head cool and score a clear chance than what can we do?

This is neither on DL nor on the coach completely, though the latter definitely has more to say, as he is the one that should have succeeded in upgrading his players' mentality. Yet he seems to have destroyed it instead.

I don't even like the arguments about Jorginho, because from my point of view the reason why we conceded in the last game at least and lost was that we totally forgot everything about patience, calm, and coolheaded and brave resolve. Even Gattuso said this. We had conceded the 1st without any need to blame the system, then we had pushed them hard and showed some great football yet no efficacy, then we had finally scored one and then, only then, had we begun to show what I mean by hurrying heedlessly and brainlessly, trying to score a goal so desperately that in the end we conceded. The mentality of the whole was so visible that I don't understand why we need so much talk about the system when the chances have steadily been there and the defense hasn't done as badly as the numbers suggest. We just can't keep our game up without errors and we cannot score, which is the Grim Reaper himself in football.

We need players whose knees don't shake so easily, and as one guy on Czech forums wrote, Milik seems to be one of them, which is ironic as many here do not rate him at all. But at least he's hungry and he clings to victory.

PS: Is there no talk about the whales? I thought the hunting was severe in your country. I just want some first-hand information. The whales are almost bigger than my dick so I've been rooting for their extermination. I don't like competition.

21. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Incorrect. Jorginho came ftomnverona who have a very interesting similar player you are linked to. That player being on loan from a Belgium club. The point being there's dozens of similar players out there waiting for a chance across the leagues. To become a name you need the platform. You need a DS to work alongside the manager. ADL is a ego maniac and uses Napoli for his own gains. The biggest issue is him.

22. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    But you see, once people fall in love, gay love especially, it is hard to get out.

Srsly now, it was fun to watch how Gervinho was 10,000 better than each and every one of our players combined together, or rather more capable in terms of efficacy, so that also makes it obvious the system is not the realest of wrongdoers in our situation. For me, it's down to individual incompetence, which scares me much more than a bad system, as not a single one of our players has been able to step the fk up, but all of them seem to have stepped the fk off, committing stupid childish errors on top of that.

They need to regain confidence, stop repeating the same movements, and trust in the power of the team more than in the power of the individual, which in our case usually ends in a disaster, as our individuals cannot carry the ball beautifully and skillfully like Gervinho could, but they rather either fall down, dive, or run into the opposition... I want to see changes because this hurts a lot, but I wouldn't see the main cause of it all in not having a system or Jorgi. We have created plenty throughout the season in attack, and we have defended quite well very often but the black bull has often made errors that he definitely would never have expected from himself.

And he topped it off with getting injured while looking stupid in the last game. Gattuso must bring hope, faith, and passion.

23. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Roma won again. CL is now out of reach.

24. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Remember when we thought we had a chance? Good times.

25. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    C'mon, don't be so harsh, they have been negotiating their contracts, so there are other, more important matters to attend to. Didn't you know that our players' passion to win comes strictly after their hunger for money?