13 november 2015

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by babaorum, Nov 12, 2016.

1. babaorum

babaorum Member+

Aug 20, 2005
    Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    One year ago the unimaginable happened in Paris. The 130 assassinated people and hundreds of wounded men and women will not be forgotten.

[​IMG]

Meanwhile, the Bataclan is re-opening tonight. Sting brings life back into the old theatre :) :

[​IMG]

Timon19, fatbastard, song219 and 3 others repped this.
  2. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    I hate Sting solo. But if it helps to heal Paris, I'm all for it.

DoyleG and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  3. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    It should read, "Sting will put hundreds to sleep early on the first anniversary of the tragedy."

4. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Should've brought back EODM, but they had a comeback concert in Paris 3 months (?) after.

5. babaorum

babaorum Member+

Aug 20, 2005
    Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Had Jesse Hughes not accused the Bataclan's security staff of being accomplice of the terrorists because some of the security guards -who actually saved dozens of lives- looked like muslims, between other lies and vile words, I' m sure he would have been welcome to play on the stage again...

6. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Link please.

7. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Some of said comments, Hughes retracted. The guy was a ********ing mess for a while.

So, him positing that at least someone on the inside had helped (which, given the facts of the attack seems possible) means...?

He also goes out of his way to credit those security who ended up fighting back, so he clearly doesn't believe the whole of the staff was in on it.

I also saw that FBN two-part interview. In it, he makes mention of the guys who were in the security detail on the night who were also invited to the comeback concert with U2 and acknowledged them at the time. In fact, in YouTube clips during, you can sort of make out him pointing to the back of the venue in acknowledgement.

As for his interview with McInnes...well, Gavin is not known for his...."discretion"...on subjects having to do with Islamic terror. Gavin's got his hobby horses, and he's definitely going to ride them. He's got a very punchable beard.

In other words, it's not nearly as simple as you're making it, nor is it as conspiratorial as he first characterized it, a view he backed off on once he started to get his life more back to normal.

8. babaorum

babaorum Member+

Aug 20, 2005
    Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    ... that he made a vile accusation without any evidences. I' m glad he retracted -I wasn't aware of it- but besides this point about the security staff his whole interview is still full of lies and false assumptions (about the two girls or Abdeslam himself being present in the Bataclan, about how the police supposedly reacted too slowly, about muslims celebrating in the streets during the attack etc). Frankly speaking, that is a disgusting interview.

I don't want to be too harsh with him. He looks like a moron to me, but also like a man suffering from post-trauma. His crazy interview is probably the result of the mix of both.

9. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Lots more from column B than from column A.

He's far from an idiot. I'm certain he doesn't align with lots of people politically, though, which manages to end up being a proxy for intelligence among some people, for some reason.

10. babaorum

babaorum Member+

Aug 20, 2005
    Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Probably. I know very little about him tbh. He definitely looks like a devastated man though.

11. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    If you watched the Kennedy interviews with him, yep.