12/27 masl game thread

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by jay melquiades, Dec 27, 2014.

1. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    The Michael J. Fox Show was canceled but I have to keep watching this?

2. Scott717257

Scott717257 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Bragging a team could beat Sacramento or Brownsville or the likes does nothing to help your argument of how good these ethnic leagues are. Most of the teams you believe the amateur sides could beat happen to be the teams most people want replaced for NOT being competitive nor "professional".

Arguing "most of the Impact" we're ethnic league members does, again, nothing to help your argument of how good these ethnic leagues are. The Impact were in fact one of the worst teams in the league, and a downright laughing stock how lost to Tacoma a week before the season started.

I am positive the skill level in these leagues in Chicago is of a very solid level. I would assume if you took the best players off teams in those leagues and made an "all-star" type team they could compete with the tier 2/3 of MASL (Rochester, Ontario, Syracuse,excexc). Beating the top tier however would be out of the question, and claiming as you did originally that the talent level of a Mustangs game and an ethnic league game we're "comparable" is laughable. You can name the 2 best ethnic league teams in the history of the Chicago ethnic leagues and there is no way they play a better game for fans than Milwaukee-Mustangs, Milwaukee-Comets, Comets-Mustangs or the countless other top tier matchups MASL can offer would.

Naming a random 3-4 guys that play here or there doesn't cover the overall talent gap at the top of MASL and the top of an ethnic league, ANY ethnic league.

SteveCo repped this.
  3. mjames1229

mjames1229 Member

Sep 26, 2006
    West Allis, WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you and I may have been the only two that did...