12/15/02: College Cup Final 4:30 ET on ESPN2

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by jmeissen0, Dec 15, 2002.

1. beineke

beineke New Member

Sep 13, 2000
    I'm all in favor of tapping into our region's best. The problem is that these are small countries with a shallow talent pool. If you look at Concacaf national teams, most of the MLS-calibre players are already in Europe. The ones who aren't (Nunez, Guevara) will be expensive to acquire.

2. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Why do you say Mexico is weak? Last time I checked, they won a group that included Italy and made the second round for their fourth straight World Cup. Seems like an excellent team to me.

3. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    I just think this is so silly. If you were Twellman and looked at your life the past 12 months, you couldn't help but think that MLS has been the best thing that ever happened to you. Had he stayed in Germany, he could easily have ended up a nobody.

He's going to make some money in the near future, but MLS will get a little windfall.

4. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078

:rolleyes:

so then your solution is simply not to look?

brilliant

5. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078

exactly

just like reyna and job and stewart have all turned out to be complete nobodies

6. beineke

beineke New Member

Sep 13, 2000
    For the third time, MLS is already scouring the region. In the past couple of years, they've found a few keepers, but they got little return from players such as Sunsing, Wright, Solis, Dawes, Lowe, Demmin, Mayard, Salas, or Glasgow. Others like Pineda Chacon and Cerritos are way too expensive for their ability level.

At this point, you seem determined to pretend that there is a Mathis or Mastroeni available under every stone.