11/6/04 Matchday 12: Chelsea FC v. Everton [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by GPK, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Well I sometimes think we are a bit quiet at home, I do enjoy away games for the singing and atmosphere.

You have to remmber that at Stamford Bridge the "benches" are surrounded by seating allocated to away fans. Thus Jose is always going to get a biased perspective.

As I said above this was the first time that the whole of this area has been taken up by the away fans and so he may have felt more surrounded this time. The section nearest the Chelsea bench is the part given back to Home fans if the away club does not take up it's full allocation.

Personally from where I was there seemed to be more home support then in many games this season.

2. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

JM is treating us like Cole and the players, when on a high and we go atop the table, he is saying not quite so fast, still work to be done, still need to focus on improvement, that song is a bit off key-will not do at Highbury get to work you wankers not the pub;

when we have a tough game he says the fans are world class, best there are, deserve better, damn linesman..., focus on me, let the hard working fans relax over a pint.

3. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Robben is a joy to watch. There's nothing better than watching a player ride off a challenge in the box instead of going down and be rewarded with a quality goal. Hope he keeps it up.

Not sure if this has been mentioned on this board before, but has anyone else noticed he's a dead ringer for a young John McEnroe? Seems to have a bit of short fuse as well (although I've yet to see it get the better of him).

4. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Top :)
    Of the table.
    Top of it.
    All of it.

We've only just begun. . .

Oldest Player: Claude Makelele (31)
    Youngest Player: Glen Johnson (20)
    Average Age: 24

We're looking like a team that is going to be around a long while. Anyone know the average age of Manure and the Arse?

5. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    JM explains what he wants from fans:

And I slept in, hope I don't get spot tested.

"...[JM] said: “I don’t speak in critical terms. What I just want to say is to want to be champions is not enough.

“To be good I must be better than I am, the players need to run more than they run, the medical department must recover my players one or two days before, and the crowd must be also better.

“That’s what I want, everybody to be stronger. Not just perform well and be happy with that, everyone must give a little bit more because to be champions in this country is really, really, really difficult. The proof is that over the last few years it’s been Man U, Arsenal, Man U, Arsenal – no Liverpool, no Chelsea, and that’s the history of the last years.”

http://www.chelseafc.com/article.asp?hlid=236823&m=11&y=2004&nav=news&sub=latest+news