11/27- PSV Eindhoven v FC Twente[R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by johan derksen, Nov 27, 2004.

1. johan derksen

johan derksen BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 14, 2004
    Venlo, Netherlands
    Starting in about an hour from now, line up seems to be the same as the Arsenal game so Beasley's going to start on the bench. Farfán had some shoulder problems though yesterday so it's not 100% sure he'll start.

[​IMG]

There's a short interview with Beasley on the "official" site b.t.w.:
    http://english.psv.nl/

2. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks for the link and info. DMB seems to be taking well to the Dutch game and he is going to get 2 months of uninterupted time over there, so I epxect he will force his way into the starting lineup.

3. Deimos

Deimos Member

Apr 23, 1999
    Louisville, KY, USA
    Beasley could give lessons in Team PR to a number of YA's. He always says the right thing, never complains.

You'd think Eindhoven was the garden spot of The Netherlands.
    (Maybe it is, I've never been there)

4. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Opstelling PSV:
    Gomes, Ooijer, Alex, Bouma, Lee, Van Bommel, Cocu, Vogel, Park, Sibon en Farfan.
    Wissels: Zoetebier, Beasley, Vonlanthen, Lucius, Addo en Féher.

Opstelling FC Twente:
    Paauwe, Schuurman, Majstorovic, Touzani, N'Kufo, Culina, Shoukov, Heubach, Niemeyer, Quedraogo en Wellenberg.
    Wissels: Pasveer, Zomer, Fafiani, Bouchiba, Sibum, Christensen en El Ahmadi

frankly, i don't see why farfan get so many starts - i am astounded by how abysmal his control is receiving a pass and he certainly doesn't make the defensive plays DMB does - i get the feeling that hiddink is on a program to platoon them 50/50 for the time being

5. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    we're underway...

6. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    low n'kufo blast saved

4'

7. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    farfan tripped 28M slightly left, alex over it for the piledriver... blocked by the first man culina, and likely in a bad place coz he's down

7'

8. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    sharp angle van bommel shot couhged up by the keeper, but twente calmly clear the rebound

12'

9. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    farfan wins a cheap FK 28M straight away, sibon this time... fired over

14'

10. harttbeat

harttbeat Member

Dec 29, 1998
    New York
    hey, what are the chances van bommel will go after this yr? if he goes, who would be his likely replacement? i know beasley could play on the right side but would farfan be better at that position? or would park move to van bommel's place.

11. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    sibon scores from 22M on a roller that gets through the keepers legs

UGH

15'

12. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

the chance that van bommel is leaving in the summer is 100%, maybe even 105%

neither beasley, park nor farfan will be moved into van bommel's place - they will probably bring someone him to compete with feher for the spot - lucius could also play that spot

13. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    bouma forces an excellent sprawling save with a 20M FK, van bommel takes the corner... alex nods it on a bounce safely into the keeper's chest

19'

14. Wahoo

Wahoo New Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Seattle, USA
    Agreed. He is becoming the new McBride... a true professional.
    I think this has been the best move for an American in quite some time... he seems very happy and willing to do whatever's asked of him. He's also having some good success.

Has anyone else checked out the PSV roster? They have quite a lot of young players (under 25)... could be scarey if they keep them... or a nice bit of cash for the team if they sell some on.

Anyway, thanks DaMarcus, next time I'm in Eindhoven I'll grab a steak in the Dommelstraat

15. Wahoo

Wahoo New Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Seattle, USA
    When did Twente pick up Roy Carroll? :D

16. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    twente had some nice pressure for a minute or two and now are making it very diffivult for psv to crack midfield

sibon tries from loooong range, save boschker

26'

17. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    boschker grabs a soft sibon header

27'

18. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    van bommel gets up very gingerly holding his thigh after a collision

30'

19. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    vogel forces a good save from distance, van bommel to take the corner... flies through untouched and twente move forward

culina finally returns after treatment

32'

20. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    farfan wins a FK 26M left, he'll take... fires a curler a few meters wide

39'

21. Femfa

Femfa New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Los Angeles
    It's nice to hear how DMB has settled in and is happy to contribute any way he can, but did anyone else get the sense that his interview might have been doctored? I just don't see him using some of those words and phrasing - unless he's really changed in six months from the style he used to have for all his interviews.

I'm just saying - "utmost"? Does that really sound like something Da Beas would say?

22. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    (crickets chirping)

23. Yukon Cornelius

Oct 24, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Actually... as all the articles appear on the Dutch side of the site about twelve to twenty-four hours before they do on the English version... I think maybe that they get translated to Dutch by whoever writes the article, and then translated back to English later...

Just a guess, though.

24. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
  25. Femfa

Femfa New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Probably a valid guess - it just seemed to me to be more work to translate again into English - as I'm assuming the interview was conducted in English and they could have just posted that original transcript for the English site.

I'm sure the sentiment remains the same - but as one who has been reading Beas quotes since he was 17 it was just a bit weird.

Anyway, thanks for the PBP, bluedaddy. Here's hoping DMB gets to contribute early in the second half to pad the lead.