11/27- NEC Nijmegen v Roda JC Kerkrade (Kazlauskas) (R)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by jri, Nov 26, 2004.

1. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    I had a dream......

Neeskens wakes up in a few hours and said, "holy crap...........you win games BY SCORING GOALS"......

Last 5 results:

Sun, Oct 31 at Ajax Amsterdam L 0-1
    Sun, Nov 7 at Vitesse Arnhem L 0-1
    Sat, Nov 13 Twente Enschede L 0-2
    Sun, Nov 21 at FC Den Bosch D 0-0

390 scoreless minutes and counting....

2. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He loses this week he has to be out. Has to be.

Luvlilady takes over ;)

3. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    She throw him out her six-foot pancake eating, beer drinking bad self!

Start the mail barrage. Luvlilady for Gaffer!

4. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    Looks like Neeskens unique strategy of boring the Euro-zone into premature defeat is taking time to gel.....in fact, it looks like NEC Nijmegan is aiming 480 straight scoreless minutes with a late 0-1 result against Roda...still a little time left for Kaz and a goal.......Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..

5. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    A mini-miracle in the making....

Nijmegan with the tying goal in the 69.

Kazlaukas on the pitch in the 79.

Time to be a hero, not a zero Kaz...good luck.

6. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    1-1 FT

7. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    How many games has our boy played for the first team this year, and is he playing up top or in the back?

Also, classy of the coach to play Charles when his mom was in town to see him.

8. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think she's his mom, and he's been playing up top.

9. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    I believe this is 3rd time he's been subbed in...he's a forward now, from everything publicly printed..

10. LuvliLady

LuvliLady New Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Hello all and it's not so good to be home (wishing I were still there) - I adored Paris and loved being in Amsterdam and Nijmegen!

We were given some good tickets to the game with which we were able to amble around the VIP room and indulge in some drinks. As soon as we entered the stadium, there was Charles waving to us. His father and his mother were both in attendance and the announcer welcomed them both before the game commenced.

Though it was a disappointing game, mostly because of Neeskens and Dennenboom, it was great to BE there. Neeskens glowed with his intolerable attitude as he instructed Charles to begin warm up shortly after the second half as the crowd began to clap and cheer his name. Once he had doffed his bench clothes to go in the game, Neeskens pulled him back to the bench which was followed by a generous boo (whistles, really) from the fans. Entirely disgraceful. He did not even have a chance to warm up with being subbed in the last ten minutes of the game - the field was very wet and as all the players had been slipping in the first half of the game and so did Charles a couple of times. His frustration was very apparent, but when merely given a ten minute spread, one cannot wonder.

To his credit, he was most cheerful and enthused to simply have played when we met him afterward. The disappointment of the game could be seen on many of the faces as this was a huge turning point for both teams. Neeskens will not be darkening NEC's doorstep for long and this seems to be their only saving grace.

Again, I had a wonderful time in Europe and only hope to be going back again soon. I rather have to as I have been invited to play in an all girls Rugby team in France...

11. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Attention MLS: Please send someone to talk to Kaz about coming home. It seems his coach is an idiot if they haven't scored in ages and he refuses to use subs. RSL and Chivas are viable options for Kaz. I've heard he can play so let's hope he can show what he can do!!

12. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the report. Good luck with that Rugby thing.

13. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Might be a good idea to check out some teams in Belgium and Germany as well.