11/27/04: Beer: Cause of and Solution to all of Life's Problems

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by jmeissen0, Nov 27, 2004.

1. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No need to google it-- at least not today. I know that with the London Times site that if you wait more than a couple of days or so to access an article, you'll be asked to pay a fee for it. So strike while the iron is hot, folks...

Very good article, by the way, and not surprisingly. Really good profile on Carlos and what he's done so far at Craven Cottage, and the challenge facing Fulham against Chelsea this week.

At the risk of spoiling the result of Fulham's weekend match against Blackburn (for those who haven't seen the game already)... [result]But they'll have to improve quite a bit to beat the Blues. In that 2-0 defeat against Rovers, seems that Bocanegra was singled out for much of the reason for the loss... at least he was on the Yanks Abroad board here. Still, a very noble scalp to get, regardless of the competition, if they can lift their game on Tuesday. And Boca will have to lift his game, too.[/result]

2. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    i'm use to a lot of english papers not allowing me access because i'm in north america... if that's changed... cool

however, i've always been able to read the links by going through google's news search

3. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that's the policy of The Times regardless of where you're trying to access their site from-- from the USA, Canada, Australia, or wherever.

I think the same applies to their domestic online readers as well.

4. Ronaldo's Idol

Jun 13, 2004
    Soccer Headgear: Does it do any Good? - N.Y. Times

I thought it was interesting that "the Superman effect" wasn't seen by USWNT players...but I wonder if U17's and U16's would be more brazen to dive head first in dangerous situations etc.

I think it is an interesting topic...many facets ranging from just innate skepticism of something new (as in NHL helmets etc.) to the Superman effect to scientific controversy to marketing by manufacturers based on fear. I wonder where this topic will be in 5 years time.

5. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain