11/22/04: River Raid

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by jmeissen0, Nov 22, 2004.

1. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
  2. wonko389

wonko389 New Member

Oct 11, 2004
    jax, fl
    I dont understand how people actually like Mexico. They are the dirtiest sons of bitches on the planet. I would like to believe that if the US team was as dirty as those lousy bastards I would support someone else. I really cant wait till the Hexagonal and we walk into Estadio Azteca and murder them in front of their own fans.

3. Tupamaro

Tupamaro New Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Los Angeles
    "Adu said he was spit on "four or five times" during the match. United States under-20 teammate Will John recalled getting "stomped on" on a play that resulted in the first red card for Mexico, which was given to Alberto Ramirez in the 78th minute."

Man, this kind of behavior is shameful.

4. numerista

numerista New Member

Mar 21, 2004
  5. cdin

cdin Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Waukesha, WI
    Though I would love to see the US beat Mexico in Mexico, I think you are being a little optimistic.

It is possible, but it is far from certain.

6. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Does anybody have a hook-up at the Vatican? We really should get the beatification process going for US players because they are pure angels. :rolleyes:

[COUGH]Ron Artest [/COUGH]
    Should we really be throwing stones in a glass house? Seriously, what planet have you been on? American athletes have once again embarrassed us last Friday in Detroit. American fans embarrassed us. US hockey players were disgusting in Nagano, Japan.

Our #1 sport is glorified war, one step above Roman gladiators, played by behemoth, steroid-popping freaks of nature.

Baseball routinely has bench-clearing balls sparked by pitchers aiming 95 mile an hour fastballs at the heads of opponents. And it's "part of the game". Now that's dirty.

NBA: this weekend says it all.

Hockey: fighting sporadically interrupted by a sport. The NHL encourages fighting. They could open up the game and play on an international (i.e. larger) rink, but they would rather pocket the immediate money for ring-side seats.

I think we can compete w/ any nation as far as dirtiness in sports.