11/10 Making the Finals

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by alf, Nov 10, 2003.

1. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    nice job by the Herald. In terms of quality and content both Boston papers do a nice job of reporting on the Revs. Sometimes their placement is a little lacking in their print editions but for people like us its all gravy.

2. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    A total success story - Boston Globe

Noonan a can't miss kid - Boston Globe

For Cancela, it's a first-time effort - Boston Globe
    Cancela:"It is important for me that we win the championship, because this is my first year in this league and I want to come back next year."

I'm not sure what he means by that in terms of maybe getting the contract that he thinks he desirves. But if he's just fighting for a roster sport next year? Yeah. I think he's got that pretty well locked up. heh.

Tie enough to get Revs to Eastern finals again - Providence Journal

Revolution Notebook: Noonan lights up New York - Providence Journal

Revs plan to stay course - Lawrence Eagle Tribune

Revs back in hunt for MLS title - South Boston Patriot Ledger (Chris Cowles) may have appeared elsewhere

3. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    from the Cancela Globe article

Argentine striker Emiliano Romay has been training with the Revolution. Romay played for Boca Juniors and Huracan in Argentina, OGC Nice in France, Santiago Wanderers in Chile, and CD Saprissa in Costa Rica. Romay and Cancela were dropped after Mexican entrepreneur Jorge Vergara instituted a domestic-players-only policy at Saprissa . . . Uruguayan forward Claudio Ciccia, 31, who scored 41 goals last season for Cartagines in Costa Rica, is on the verge of joining an MLS team, according to his agent, Elias Soley. Ciccia's likely destination is either the Los Angeles Galaxy or San Jose Earthquakes.

4. kpaulson

kpaulson New Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Washington DC
    Keller spurned by Tony Blair

Not exactly the news, but Tony Blair gave a big speech today about US-UK cooperation.

As evidence of our need to cooperate, he said something like "Just look at Manchester United... and Blackburn as well. What is it with the US and goalkeepers? But this shows that we must cooperate."

5. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Marshall's comments in the LA Times are disgraceful. Talk about someone who needs to look in the mirror.

6. kpaulson

kpaulson New Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Washington DC
    Especially after his comments the day before about how the gals' defenders were like the bermuda triangle-- attackers go in but then they disappear... Pretty unfortunate time to give up 5 goals right after you've given out that quote...

7. Nutmeg

Nutmeg Member+

Aug 24, 1999
    No kidding. I really like this one:

"You can tell who they're protecting and who they want to move on."

Yeah Tyrone, MLS sure as hell wouldn't want a home team playing in their brand new stadium for the MLS Cup.

Idiot.

8. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Know what would've been a good way to avoid the situation with the refs, the feild, and giving up 5 goals? Not losing a home game in the playoffs 2 to NOTHING.