10/30/04 Matchday 11: West Bromwich Albion v. Chelsea FC [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by GPK, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Okay then.

United blow their good result of last week right out of the water with a disaster at Pompey.
    oThe 'mighty' Arsenal have now taken 1 point out of six.
    Boring, Boring Chelsea are on a roll...he he he

Now then, with no poxy International break to scupper our good form this year, lets keep the wheels on eh.

Yes, yes, i know...it was 'only' Rover and Albion, but, i ask you, what did we do wrong?
    We thumped both of them!

2. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    i had it on the telly here,it looked like 92mins 30 something seconds....

3. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Liverpool game on the telly now, they're already 1 up.
    They are starting to get the results now, winning games and coming up the table.

4. mst77

mst77 New Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Washington
    Did they say how much ET was called for? Just a bit bitter and feeling guilty I may have jinxed it with a "we're going top" comment. Trying to lay the blame elsewhere...

5. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    ...and as i say that Rovers simply slice them apart with a beautiful team goal.
    :D

6. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Did anybody listen to the post match comments of Mourinho about Robben?
    Apparently he's still selectively picking his time and appearances as he's not fully back from the injury.
    Interesting.I kind of doubt he'll play in Moscow if thats the case.

7. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    if they did i missed it to be honest with ya mate[​IMG]

8. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    If they stay true to form, they'll show mini highlights of the game tomorrow at the half in the PPV Game.
    At least it'll be good too see the goals.

9. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Meanwhile Liverpool are down a goal, and Cisse looks to have a broken leg. Gerrard than Cisse.......ooof.

10. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Coming apart at the seams for them now eh?

Oh how important, posting back to back wins is in this league to keep it going.

It's been said many times before, and proven again today, there's no such thing as an 'easy' game in the premierleague.

Crystal Palace won again even - doesn't matter a jot who they played, they posted another 3 on the board.

I wonder, is there any talk on the Arsenal board today about ' it's not the win that counts, it's how good you look doing it?
    :D:D

11. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Arsenal are a team built on confidence. They've never been a team that grinds out results, despite poor form. (Well, not under Wenger.) If they lose confidence, they suddenly become very, VERY ordinary - especially when their finishing lets them down. That's why they're susceptible to funks.
    When they're at full flow, of course, they sure are purty to watch, and scary to face.

12. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Aye, and getting 93rd minute equalisers is the stuff thatlong unbeaten runs is made of.Credit where it's due, they're a class tem when on song.

Then again, we're not so bad ourselves.

8 goals in two games.
    I'll take it.
    The goal difference is coming down, United fall another point behind the leaders.

Baros is having a good game.
    They're gonna miss Cisse, regardless of whether or not he's scored a lot to date, he's still a class act.

13. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Cisse's speed alone is dangerous. Baros still hasn't learned that you need to know where your teammates are. I've never seen anyone so much in love with blind alleys.
    Its funny how suddenly we're tied for 4th most goals scored in the Prem. Boring boring Tottenham, I say.
    Now that Lampard has scored a goal (ironically after missing a penalty) from open play, perhaps we'll start seeing the form that let him score so many last year. He's gotten so many chances this year, and if he starts burying them..............
    P.S. What happened to Kewell in the course of two years? Talk about losing form.......wow!

14. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Didn't realise that - 4th eh?
    And still with the best defense in the league to boot!

Suddenly we're starting to look like we'll score bags of goals.Announcers said we had 17 shots at goal today - 17...away from home!

Kewell - you know, when 'pool got him for 5 million, i thought they stol him.It now looks like Leeds did the stealing.

15. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    sure glad he rejected United on a last second transfer swoop...

16. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    just watched the highlight's of todays game and in fairness we dominated the match.saying that though west brom's defence for the first two goals was very poor.first goal they were ball watching which left gallas in acres of space for an easy finish.second goal duff whipped in a brillant ball but the brommie defender was'nt picking up gudjohnsen properly in fact he was behind him,and eidiur just hammerd the ball home with a diveing header.the west brom goal was a bit like the goal we conceded in the champions league,chech palmed out the ball to about the edge of the box and yer man whatever his name is smashed the ball low and hard into the far corner of the net,chech was just rooted to the spot not much he could have done to be honest.

but the best two were the last two goals,first up lampard lached onto a loose ball just on the edge of our own box,ran nearly the full lenght of the pitch before sliping a perfectly weighed pass into the path of duffer out on the right,who cool as you like sliped it under the keepers legs.and last but not least robben on the left try's to take on a defender,the ball comes off the defenders calf and falls kindly for robben,who justs rolls it into lampards path who unleash's an unstopable shot from the edge of the box low into the left handside of the net.

job done three more points in the bag :D

17. GPK

GPK BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 5, 1999
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah baby. Just got back from the Red Sox parade to this fantastic day of results.

Woooohoooo.

18. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hoo, tell me about it! :D bring on Moscow, baby!

19. bmw9983

bmw9983 New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Boston
    Quite jealous....

Anyway good result today against WBA. I was actually at the Valley to see Charlton look awful against the 'Boro. Good old Zenden looked quite lively, had a nice goal. Jimmy looked crap, must have been one of his off days.

20. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
  21. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Thank you Southampton and thank you Pompey...top of the table baby.

At what time does everyone think we start taking Everton seriously?? I mean, they are only 3pts back right now. Pretty good for a team most people thought might be the worst in the EPL. They already have a 6pt lead on Man U and Liverpool (though Pool has a game in hand.)

They drew with Villa today.

22. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    yeah ,I like it when Joe Cole scored the winner in a game afew weeks back .
    Instead of congratulating cole on the goal he slammed him for losing concentration in the last 10 minutes .
    He wants perfection in every match .

23. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    As a word of caution, their schedule has been fairly easy thus far. They've only played two sides in the top half of the table, I think. They've played all the promoted teams already, for example.
    They're not as bad as I thought, but I wouldn't count on them making it to Europe.

24. lex fg

lex fg Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Nairobi / Manchester
    After seeing the last two games, I honestly think Chelsea should be made favourites for the EPL this year. The defencive solidity is still there, and you're finally getting the previously missing attacking flair as the team is finally clicking. And with that depth and buying power for Jan, I think the Arse will have to be at their best (which i doubt they'll be in coming months) to stop you.

25. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002

My thoughts exactly.
    Whilst i'll give them credit for what they've done, going along with you can only beat whats put out in front of you, the only one of the top teams they've faced, Arsenal, gave them a proper thumping at Goodison.

We'll see what they're all about soon enough.