10/19 Milan - Lazio [R]

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Spartak, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    10/19 Milan - Lazio

Serie A Week 6 - 19/10/03 (20.30)
    Milan 1 - 0 Lazio
    Pirlo 37 (M)
    San Siro

Milan: Dida; Cafu (Simic 85), Nesta, Maldini, Pancaro; Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf; Kakà; Shevchenko (Serginho 91), F Inzaghi (Laursen 92)

Lazio: Peruzzi; Stam, Couto (Oddo 46), Mihajlovic, Favalli; Fiore (Muzzi 82), Albertini (S Inzaghi 63), Dabo, Stankovic; Corradi, Lopez

Ref: Racalbuto

Milan with another dominate performance over a quality side. If only we could play the best teams every week. Lazio does have room to complain after Stankovic's goal in the 1st half was ruled out for a bogus offsides call. But throughout the match Milan proved they were the better side. Gattuso played a brillient game and was my mom. Nesta and Maldini did thier job once again to perfection. Sheva was unlucky not to score as he hit the post. Cafu wasn't too good, Simic will probably get a runout against Brugge. I think Milan should have no problem with Brugge on Tuesday. My worry is that they will overlook Samp with the Juve match coming up on Nov. 1st. We will see.

Match Highlights here:
    mms://a385.e.vm.akamaistream.net/7/....com/9811/AcMilan/file_stream/5543_str200.asf

2. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Re: 10/19 Milan - Lazio

But his shot created the first goal.

3. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    "dominant performance" ?!?!? What, did you watch only the last 10 minutes?

4. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The first 20 minutes Lazio played well, but for the rest of the match, especially the second half, Milan were in control. Lazio never seemed they would score the whole second half. Whereas Milan were very close to putting the game out of reach on many occasions. I would call that a dominant performance.
    His crossing wasn't good though.

5. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Probably just semantics - I would call it "comfortable" in the end, but I don't consider it was "dominant". What Juventus did to Ancona in the first 45 minutes on Saturday - now THAT was dominant (granted, it was against Ancona). But I wouldn't label Juve's day a "dominant performance" since they lost concentration in the end. Likewise, Milan was SO bad at the beginning that they fell behind - or should have. Once you got your beautiful goal and an undeserved lead, then - you're right, Lazio never looked like they had a serious chance of beating Nesta et al.

6. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    that sums it up right there, if Lazio were not cheated out of Stankovic's goal....everything changes.

Milan was good, maybe even the better team but you have to expect that at home vs anyone. They were not dominant.

7. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Cheated is a strong word, its not Milan's fault the linesman is an idiot.

8. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    your right, it is a strong word.

not cheated by Milan, but by the linesman...its hard to call that a simple mistake